Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 55 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 55 Discussion / 56 Predictions

Well darn not what I was expecting but I can't say I am surprised. Can't wait until it gets translated .
    Last edited by GOOMOONRYONG; January 06, 2012 at 09:08 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how "high speed fighting" in reality really looks like (unpredictable), I like it...

The only thing is that the speed in "The Breaker" is much faster than that in reality, coz of "ki" !!!

The fight shown is amaizing, nothing more to say, but I hope Shioon didn't kick the bucket already...

If Shioon was "really" hit in the back of his head, the fight might be over, or Shioon might go zombie mode again...

What do you think happenes next:
    • Shioon activates "Black Heaven and Earth" technique when hit
    • after Shioon is hit elder Kwon comes (he thinks Shioon died), but Shioon stands up all bloody, and says: "Bring it !!!"
    • Shioon avoids the hit (remember movement with incredible speed can sometimes be shown like that - Authour's style)
    • what was hit was Shioon's duplicate (Hwan technique)
      Spoiler: Hwan show
    • something else perhaps??? (write it down)

PS: Well this is a real cliffhanger if you ask me...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; January 06, 2012 at 09:37 PM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have my money on Hwan like I said in a previous post, I think he will show us some new foot techniques.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterguy View Post
    If Shioon was "really" hit in the back of his head, the fight might be over, or Shioon might go zombie mode again...

What do you think happenes next:
    Personally, I think he just ducked and got grazed on the back of the head. If you look how his arm was moving before Glasses stepped behind him and clocked him, Shioon's arm has a different movement afterward. Likely stunned though as it's a ki attack with a gauntlet.
    Don't forget this page from chapter 50. It looked like he got hit bad in that frame, but the results were quite different.

I suspect that others have the same wish as me though that Shioon would win a fight without being turned into a bloody rag.

If he isn't stunned, Hwan would be a good choice right now.
    Last edited by Wowzers; January 06, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    I have my money on Hwan like I said in a previous post, I think he will show us some new foot techniques.
    Yah, my first thought after I looked the entire chapter was Hwan too, but Author has shown me that the story goes in a direction I can't even imagine, what I like the best...

So, I'm going to bet that it will be:
    • after Shioon is hit elder Kwon comes (he thinks Shioon died), but Shioon stands up all bloody, and says: "Bring it !!!"
    Last edited by Monsterguy; January 06, 2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Miracleomatic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@Monsterguy I got a perfect twist for you. Cool guy ends up getting bored and goes home to eat some pizza and watches his favorites NBA team. Leaving Shion & co in the woods for some hungry wild animals to feast on. Elder will be relieved and decides to party that night.

Then again... maybe Shion blocked with his left hand palm to reduce the damage. But its highly unlikely. Haha I bet Cool guy is gonna be surprised of Shion's "immortal body". Those cuts he received moments ago may have already healed too. He is the perfect tank afterall.
    My Top 5 Manwa
    1.) Witch Hunter (Badass and greedy. Tasha Godspell is an asshole, a good type of asshole)
    2.) Veritas (Badass evil and cool. Gangryong will fuck up anyone, even kittens.)
    3.) The Breaker series (I just love martial arts.)
    4.) Immortal Regis + Chavelier of the Abyss (Good story and art style. Damn! I want his sword, Depore.)
    5.) Legend of Maian (So-So in story and art.)

http://jinrikagero.deviantart.com/

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My money is on some special foot technique similar to the latest fight against the school bully (that time too he had Shioon punched in the head from behind but it turned out to be an illusion/ghost image).

Another interesting possibility would be the shoulder ki block (forgot what's it called), the one 3AD used on the rooftop. That would be my favorite.

Anyway, good chapter, Shioon is barely holding his own but that's to be expected so that when the turnaround happens in the fight, it would be all the more awesome. At least he is not a punching bag yet. Seems like he was starting to notice the gimped leg movements of the glasses dude, he will probably use it in the next chapter.

edit: another possibility would be if he just deflected the punch upwards with soul crushing strike (like the guy did to his second punch when the fight just started).

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
    My guess is Shioon does his ghost step like he did with chang-ho, and gets the upperhand..otherwise Gramps steps in..he seems quite interested in the fight...

i guess screw blow is stronger than soul crushing strike..or maybe shioon SCS is low level....compared to master class GMR's

oh and i totally take back thinking shioon can take this guy, he's way too skilled for him, even if shioon wins this with ONE surprise blow i wont be Happy/satisfied as that would be a plot safe.
    I think Shioon is just getting a bead on the guys movements, just like with smiling blade in their fight where he was able to predict his movements a little bit.

As for why the guy's punch won, it was simply because Shioon didn't have the time to time his soul crushing strike just right with large enough amount of ki. Still, while the hand is all bloody, it doesn't look broken so the counterattack at least prevented serious damage and stopped the barrage.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@monsterguy: I could see the elder come to the rescue but I don't want that outcome at all, at least not right now. I want to see what else Shioon can do during this fight, if he lands a couple more hits then I would be fine with the elder stepping in but not right now. I think Shioon still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Here is something no one would expect: Shioon dodges glasses attack and punches him square in the face knocking him out at which point the elder comes in and says he is impressed with Shioon's spirit and then bows to the Head.

It might even be possible for Sera and Ha Il? (did I spell it right?) to show up forcing glasses to retreat for now. I'm sure Sera knows where Shioon is right now, unless he got rid of his phone before the fight.

This series is fucking awesome I am sooo glad I found it at school last year . My favorite series at the moment because I can totally identify with Shioon haha
    Last edited by GOOMOONRYONG; January 06, 2012 at 10:55 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Looks like Mr X did one this week too... O_o

Edit: Or rather, sort of did, as he asked Sakicow to do it...
    Last edited by DarkLordOfKichiku; January 06, 2012 at 11:37 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Come! Fake Disciple. EPIC haha loved it, that line made the chapter worth it

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

it will be fun after that attack the shade's guy falls down on the ground unconscious and Shioon wins

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOOMOONRYONG View Post
    Come! Fake Disciple. EPIC haha loved it, that line made the chapter worth it
    Wish he could actually back up his own words though

Ah well, maybe for the next chapter?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha Cmon guys! All this talk that he got his ass whooped. One sneak attack chain that lasted a whole chapter! Thats all it is. Our boy is gunna bust out Hwan, and dodge him last second just like changho. Haha i secretly hope he doesnt win a fight all bloody for once >.> He always gets beaten to a pulp but never seems to get a break. But this is too important for him to lose in, so we know he will win...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Wish he could actually back up his own words though

Ah well, maybe for the next chapter?
    Oh come on, did you really expect him to own a Master-class right off the bat, not to mention the author likes to use drama in big fights and make it look like our hero is having a hard time and then BOOM, Glasses guy won't know what hit him. In any case, not like Shioon is getting pulverized, he is pushing back and slowly taking over the fight as he gets used to the guy's movements and thinks of a way to exploit the gimp leg.

EDIT: now that I looked at the higher quality images from the scans, it seems to me like Shioon initiated the spinning "avoid" foot tech based on how the arm is moving on the last panel as the spinning dragon punch is being used and not the "illusion" tech like I initially thought.
    Last edited by svyatoslav; January 07, 2012 at 12:05 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast