Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Bleach's Best and Worst Moments of 2011

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach's Best and Worst Moments of 2011

Another year has passed. What are the best and worst moments of Bleach from 2011 in your opinion? What is the reasoning behind each of your picks? The first chapter of year 2011 is chapter 434, the chapter where Ichigo started his fullbring training.

Here are some categories to consider:
    • Star of the Year
    • Most Exciting Death
    • Most Disappointing Death
    • Best Fight
    • Most Shocking Character Development
    • Best Plot Twist
    • Best Moment/Event
    • Most Disappointing Moment/Event
    • Most Fascinating Special Appearance
    • Best Flashback
    • Worst Flashback
    • Best Page/Panel
    • Worst Page/Panel
    • Funniest panel
    • Best new character
    • Best technique / release

Feel free to think of other categories and add your picks for those as well (with reasoning behind them, of course). They may even be added to the first post. Just remember - No bashing, please.

Enjoy!

Added chapter number to the post. - Miyagi
    Last edited by Miyagi; January 16, 2012 at 04:08 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED] Bleach's Best and Worst Moments of 2011

Star of the Year: Riruka. She proved herself worthy of being part of the main cast. She is sensitive and sympathetic.

Most Exciting Death: Assuming that he's dead, Tsukishima's. See best fight for the explanation.

Most Disappointing Death: Giriko's. He apparently had hax powers but he died too quickly but I guess it's understandable if you're facing Kenpachi.

Best Fight: Tsukishima vs Byakuya. Tsukishima had the upper hand at one point and forced Byakuya to the limits. Byakuya improvised to win, which was apparently a first for him.

Most Shocking Character Development: Nothing in particular but I didn't know the bond between Ginjou and Tsukishima was so strong.

Best Plot Twist: Ginjou being under the effect of BOE. Many predicted that he was the big bad but I don't recall anybody saying Tsukishima bookmarked him.

Best Moment/Event: I liked the moment when Ichigo said "It wasn't GT, it was a practice swing." It made Ichigo look badass again.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event: Isshin's silence and relatively minor role. I was expecting to see more from him, wasn't LSS arc supposed to be an arc about Isshin?

Most Fascinating Special Appearance: Rukia and the shinigami. People were looking forward to seeing them again.

Best Flashback: Giriko's I guess. It made people hate the guy, which was to the point.

Worst Flashback: Ginjou's. It was too brief.

Best Page/Panel: Ginjou's bankai. He looked awesome until people saw his furry legs. lol Rukia stabbing Ichigo in the chest and saying "Hi" was good too.

Worst Page/Panel: Panels with Mr.Piggy in it. People didn't like him.

Funniest panel: When Ichigo went to Ikumi's place as a safe house and she said "Tsukishima-san's here to cheer you up!" It was hilarious and tragic at the same time. The part where Ichigo said he was talking to Ishida, not Ginjou and the part where Ichigo said to Rukia that he didn't forget her because he wasn't under BOE's effect are worthy of mention too.

Best new character: Riruka, the star of the year.

Best technique / release: Tsukishima's. It messed up the main character to the point even Aizen couldn't dream of.
    Last edited by Miyagi; January 16, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Star of the Year
    For me, Rukia. She's one of my favorite characters, though her fight with Riruka left me very disappointed.

Most Exciting Death
    Tsukishima's. I'm still amazed he didn't immediately die after being run through by Byakuya.

Quickest Death of 2011 ever
    Giriko. I can't believe I actually liked him at first.

Most Disappointing Death
    I can't say any of the deaths were disappointing. I barely have any emotional regard for the Fullbringers, so.....this is tough to answer.

Best Fight
    Hitsugaya vs. Yukio/Byakuya vs. Tsukishima. The former because I really like the artwork in that chapter and Hitsugaya's clever use of the ice. The latter because Tsukishima's ability allows him to be abnormally/unfairly clever and because Byakuya's a badass regardless.

Most Shocking Character Development
    Learning that Ginjo and Tsukishima's ties go back a lot farther that we might have thought.

Best Plot Twist
    Ginjo turning out to be the bad guy. We all should've seen it coming. I mean, LOOK AT THOSE EYEBROWS. They just scream "evil".

Best Moment/Event
    The return of deathberry, ha. One moment Ichigo's crying like a little girl (which, to be fair, is understandable), and the next he's all "taste my getsugaaa~~~~". Cue the "number one" theme music.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event
    The "fight" between Rukia and Riruka (whose names are so similar that it shouldn't be ignored any further) was utterly ridiculous. I think mainly because I like Rukia so much. And I expected more since she's a Vice Captain now.

Most Fascinating Special Appearance
    I want to say the shinigami, but Ginjo's first real bad guy face, (http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/458/13) should be considered a special appearance.

Best Flashback:
    Tsukishima's. Well, technically Ginjo's.

Worst Flashback:
    I'm seem to recall Yukio being particularly snotty and bratty. Though, I can't remember any of the Fullbringers' flashback that well. They were barely interesting.

Best Page/Panel:
    1. http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/458/13
    2. http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/461/6

Worst Page/Panel:
    I can't think of one that stands out.

Funniest Panel:
    Same as above.

Best new character:
    People seem to like Riruka, but I found her annoying at first. Bossy and bratty are unattractive characteristics. Though, I do believe she has a good heart.

That being said, Tsukishima's my pick for best new character. He's the only one who actually garnered any sort of interest from me.

Best new technique/release:
    Book of the End, of course. Like Miyagi said, I don't recall Aizen ever making Ichigo lose his mind and end up on his knees crying.

A general review of this year:
    After a year with the Fullbringers, I find it hard to really care about any of them, except for Ginjo and Tsukishima. I know the others had flashbacks, but they were so minor and I can barely even remember them, partly because I don't care to. It makes me wonder if they were meant to seem like fodder, which they do to me, or if something more is going to come from them.

Naturally, Kubo's artwork never ceases to amaze me. And the story, despite the fact that I lost interest in most of the new characters, was actually engaging. Ichigo breaking down was particularly exciting, and his return to being a shinigami even more so.

Here's to another great year.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Star of the Year: Ichigo is the star of the year since he got the opportunity to own yet another one of his stalkers, and this time he actually managed to kill one of them.

Most Exciting Death: Most exciting death goes to Giriko, he was wonderfully slaughtered by Kenpachi.

Most Disappointing Death: Most disappointing death goes to Ginjou since all it took to kill him was a slash across his torso that didn't even cut him in half or kill him instantly.

Best Fight: The best fight was between Byakuya and Tsukishima. Byakuya demonstrated how a real shinigami acts when facing an unusual power like Tsukishima's. He was calm composed analyzed the situation and punched a whole straight through Tsukishima.

Most Shocking Character Development: Most shocking character development is Ichigo's. Not only did he lose his power after dominating Aizen he regressed back to that mentally fragile boy that kept getting owned by Ulquiorra and Grimmjow.

Best Plot Twist: Best plot twist was when Ginjou finally showed his true colors.

Best Moment/Event: Best moment in 2011 is when Byakuya punched a whole in Tsukishima after all that trash talking he was doing.

Most Disappointing Moment/Event: Most disappointing moment by far is Ichigo crying like a baby. Kubo had to weaken Ichigo and show him being humbled to make other characters relevant again since he made him so powerful when he fought Aizen.

Most Fascinating Special Appearance: Most fascinating special appearance goes to Hitsugaya. I wasn't surprised to see Kenpachi, Byakuya, and the other shinigami there, but I didn't think he would show up this early in the story.

Best Flashback: Best flashback was when Ichigo was remembering when he received his badge while Ginjou was telling him it was given to him as a surveillance device.

Worst Flashback: Worst flashback happened when Riruka was explaining the fullbringers background.

Best Page/Panel: Best page panel is when Ichigo palmed Ginjou's cero http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/476/18.

Worst Page/Panel: Worst page panel is when Ichigo started crying. I see enough of that in Gantz and the Breaker don't need it in Bleach.

Funniest panel: http:www.mangareader.net/bleach/470

Best new character: Ichigo's boss Unagiya Ikumi.

Best technique / release: Best technique is Tsukishima's BOE. He nearly owned everybody.
    Last edited by Cyber34; December 31, 2011 at 12:59 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Star of the Year: Tsukishima, he really left the strongest impression imho

Most Exciting Death: The choice isn't that wide, we had Giriko, Ginjou and Tsukishima, if he's dead. So Tsuki, or Giriko

Most Disappointing Death: Ginjou, anticlimatic, though it was great in art, Tite really was great in protaining it

Best Fight: Tsukishima vs Ichigo and Ginjou, since Ichigo finally retained a part of his power that wasn't a ridicolous boomerang, and was actually badass looking. It showed how he grew, and likely how Tsuki was a strong guy. Liked also Ginjou's and Yukio's interferences

Most Shocking Character Development: Ichigo. He grew a pair, even if he needed Rukia, as always.
    Liked how fragile he seemed, very human.

Best Plot Twist: Ginjou being under the effect of BOE. That he was a villain was obvious, but that was shocking

Best Moment/Event: When Ichigo obtained his powers again

Most Disappointing Moment/Event: Not one in particolary to date, if I have to say one, probably how Isshin and Urahara left Ichigo alone and in the dark, but that was for plot reason, so...

Most Fascinating Special Appearance: Rukia, simply because she's good like that.
    And Kubo draw her in a godly way

Best Flashback: Fullbringers, it showed the reason why they did what they did

Worst Flashback: Meh, Tsukishima and Ginjou's, but it wasn't overly bad, only short, which is good in a way, too mani flashbacks would've slowed the pace

Best Page/Panel: Ichigo and Rukia's. Art wise, when Ichigo fired the first GT

Worst Page/Panel: I don't really find one

Funniest panel: When Ichigo was kidnapped by Ikumi

Best new character: Riruka, hope she sticks around.

Best technique / release: Book of the End, seriously one of the most messed up, strong and badass abilities of the manga, and it suited Tsuki perfectly. I really liked it, also because it was used pretty well in the plot

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

* Star of the Year
    Tsukishima. He outAizen'd Aizen. One chapter was enough to show everyone how dangerous he was. He would sit on whoever's couch he felt like and he would have probably taken Aizen's giant couch for himself.

* Most Exciting Death
    Ginjo. He was utterly destroyed by Ichigo, and it was great to see him trying to stand up and keep fighting while having no strength left in him, falling.

* Most Disappointing Death
    Giriko. He was impulsive and paid for it. His fight should have been a flashy display of his power, making Kenpachi do the kind of kamikaze attack he did against Tousen.

* Best Fight
    Shishigawara vs. Ikkaku. Bare knucklefight..

* Most Shocking Character Development
    Inoue x Riruka. Everybody was expecting Inoue to remain on the background and Riruka to be Hiyori 2.0. Inoue stood up to Shishigawara, Ginjo and Ichigo and showed them that she should not be messed with anymore. Riruka turned out to be Asuka Langley without mental issues.

* Best Plot Twist
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/458/13
    Even though Ginjo was obviously not to be trusted throughout the whole arc, at this point there was not other option but believing him. Best part is that he was actually on Ichigo's side for a while without knowing it.

* Best Moment/Event
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/451/11
    Ginjo's acting was so cheesy that for a moment everybody thought the chapter was fake.

* Most Disappointing Moment/Event
    The dollhouse chapters. Dolls, pigs and boxed strawberries, yay.

* Most Fascinating Special Appearance
    Was there any? Maybe Kanonji being back into the Bleachverse.

* Best Flashback
    The Fullbrings.

* Worst Flashback
    -----------

* Best Page/Panel
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/455/19
    Ichigo can't be any more helpless than this.

* Worst Page/Panel
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/439/16
    That's an awfully long everything.

* Funniest panel
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/463/14
    That panel where Kenpachi tries to reach Byakuya to switch places is priceless.

* Best new character
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/439/4

* Best technique / release
    Book of End. Insta-friendship or power boost.
    Last edited by The Newbie.; January 02, 2012 at 11:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Star of the Year
    Tsukishima was an amazing villain, you could argue he was a better villain than Aizen in some ways.

Most Exciting Death
    The way Byakuya defeated Tsukishima was awesome. The line he delivered after it was really cool too. Tsukishima having the connection he did with Ginjo was surprising too.

Most Disappointing Death
    Ginjous fight got cut short. Some explanation on his past events with SS and how he became a shinigami would've been nice and honestly felt kind of neccessary.

Best Fight
    Tsukishima vs Byakuya

Most Shocking Character Development
    Byakuya actually enjoying a fight

Best Plot Twist
    Ginjou being bookmarked the whole time and actually being the one that attacked Ishida. I called it, but even then I didn't think he was the one who attacked Ishida.

Best Moment/Event
    Ichigo owning Ginjo after getting his powers back.

Ginjou getting defeated very quickly. Was going to say Ginjo using GT, but it did make sense that he could use it.....

Soul Society's entrance.

Best Flashback
    Jackies

Worst Flashback
    Tsukishima's/Ginjou's, it was literally one page.

Best Page/Panel
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/461/18 Badass.

Worst Page/Panel
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/476/19 The way Ginjou was drawn on this page and a few pages before it looked pretty bad.

Funniest panel
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v53/c463/15.html Classic Kenpachi.

Best new character
    Tsukishima.

Best technique / release
    Byakuya's attack that he used to defeat Book of the End. Book of the End was a great ability, especially for a villain, but the method Byakuya used to get around it was brilliant....never expected Byakuya would fight that way, and literally had no idea how he was going to win when Tsukishima proved that all of his techniques were useless against him.
    Last edited by exacta; January 10, 2012 at 05:16 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm,I can tell you some worst moments,but about the best ones...I don't know...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Chapter 434 is the first chapter of 2011,
    Could someone OP this. And the name of the chapter at lease (or a few note of what is happening; Ichigo starting the fulbringer training in Riruka's box fighting the teddy), so that everyone has a connection and doesnot have to look it up. That would be nice.

Damn, sorry for the lack of knowlege of the names, I still don't know most names of the new guys.

Star of the Year
    Riruka in my opinion.

Most Disappointing Death (?) I take it as Saddest Death
    Riruka's suicide almost made me cry, although I never liked her to begin with. Great work there, Kubo.

Best Fight
    I found most fights annoying, thus the best fight for me was the shortest. Zaraki vs the old guy.

Most Exciting Death
    Well the death of the old guy.

Best Plot Twist
    Ginjou being evil and the mastermind of the fullbringer guys. I really trusted that douche in the end.

Ginjou's "shocking news" about Ukitake.

Hiraku, Rose and Kensei back in the Gotei 13.

Best Flashback
    I think Tsukiyama's was nice.

Worst Flashback
    Hmmm, some were kinda random but I don't think I found one really bad.

Best Page/Panel
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/463/17

Funniest panel
    Don't know, guess some from Rukia and Riruka's fight.

Best new character
    Ichigo's boss was cool.

Best technique / release
    One very annoying, but probably the best one was Tsukishima's book of something. The messing up people's past. It was quite interesting when it was introduced, but got very irritating in the fight with Byakuya for me that is.
    I also liked the gameboy dude's gameboy training technique.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gotenkss's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Star of the Year: Rukia
    Most Exciting Death: Tsukishima
    Most Disappointing Death: Ginjou
    Best Fight: Tsukishima vs Byakyuuya
    Most Shocking Character Development: Ichigo crying
    Best Plot Twist: Ginjou as Bad guy
    Best Moment/Event: Kenpachi owning Giriko
    Most Disappointing Moment/Event: Ginjou getting defeated very quickly.
    Most Fascinating Special Appearance: Vizards
    Best Flashback: Jackie
    Worst Flashback: Ginjou...explained nothing
    Best Page/Panel: http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/463/17
    Worst Page/Panel: Fights with Mr. Pork
    Funniest panel: Ichigo's Fullbring...He looked like Power ranger http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/452/10
    Best new character: Ginjou
    Best technique / release: Book of End
    Would you like me to save you?... Just kidding.

New Reply