Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    I saw it yesterday, that means that it's sure that he will appear. Atobe was ranked number 4 and Niou was on the number seven position, I see why Konomi made them appear on the first match of the op 10 matches.

Shiraishi and Akaya are also in the top 10 of the popularity polls, I think we'll see them playing, Marui is also there, Sanada is on the 17 position, that's weird, he deserves way more popularity.

Oh, Yukimura is number 5 or 6, I don't remember, it's possible he could play again.
    Sanada doesnt. He annoys me. But he is insane strong I know that much.
    YES YUKIMURA!!! HE MAY BECOME TOP 5!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    No, it likely will not happen. Kiriharas devil mod is detrimental to his HEALTH, that was the point of him getting rid of it. And it was pretty obvious at the end that Kaido is never going into his devil mode ever again. Why would Kirihara use devil mode when Angel mode has all the benefits without the mental strain? It'd be pretty insulting to Shiraishi too since i think throwing some compliments akayas way is much easier than scaring Kin-chan shitless.
    I retract my eaerlier sentiments about Devil Form not making any more appearances; it's possible that Kirihara may resort to the Devil Form in the future, as long as he's not playing doubles with Shiraishi. Konomi-sensei himself said that he think he over did it with the Angel Form and that we should just think of it as a Akaya x Shiraishi-exclusive kinda thing.

But, what's this about Kite and Marui? What would Marui see in Kite? I don't really remember the Higa game very well, so maybe someone can fill me in.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Sanada doesnt. He annoys me. But he is insane strong I know that much.
    YES YUKIMURA!!! HE MAY BECOME TOP 5!!
    Of course Yukimura is going to become top 5, I think that he'll play against No.3 Duke and win. What sort of skills that guy has is a mistery, he will be a power player like Kawamura and Gin, but with even greater power. I don't think Yukimura will have much problems on that match, Duke's power shots will be useless against Yukimura as he has the god like ability to see through every shot.

Another possibility is that he faces Ryoga and loses in a close match, to prevent Ryoga becoming fodder if Konomi changes his mind and decides that he will face Ryoma.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; January 17, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    But, what's this about Kite and Marui? What would Marui see in Kite? I don't really remember the Higa game very well, so maybe someone can fill me in.
    Marui/Kite would essentially be an upgraded version of Marui/Jackal, and if you look at the teams we've seen so far, a number of them were upgraded versions of the original series' teams. I don't think it has anything to do with their personalities at least.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Marui/Kite would essentially be an upgraded version of Marui/Jackal, and if you look at the teams we've seen so far, a number of them were upgraded versions of the original series' teams. I don't think it has anything to do with their personalities at least.
    How? Marui-Jackal was all about Marui's crazy volleys (IIRC) and net offenses with Jackal's ultimate defenses. Kite is an offensive player, IIRC, so Marui teaming up with him would be more offensive than ever, unless Marui plans for Kite to use the 8-Way Shukuchi-step for defense.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

How? Marui-Jackal was all about Marui's crazy volleys (IIRC) and net offenses with Jackal's ultimate defenses. Kite is an offensive player, IIRC, so Marui teaming up with him would be more offensive than ever, unless Marui plans for Kite to use the 8-Way Shukuchi-step for defense.
    I think Kite's a pretty balance players, actually. I mean, his court coverage and skill seemed to surely be better than Jackal. He's also 4-6 against Tezuka (with only Hyakuren). That's not a bad score.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Crasher's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I retract my eaerlier sentiments about Devil Form not making any more appearances; it's possible that Kirihara may resort to the Devil Form in the future, as long as he's not playing doubles with Shiraishi. Konomi-sensei himself said that he think he over did it with the Angel Form and that we should just think of it as a Akaya x Shiraishi-exclusive kinda thing.
    I knew it.. Kirihara may perform devil mode again when no one control (tame) him like shiraishi does...

Anyway I think this will be the sequence of the match-ups:
    Byoduin VS Tokugawa
    Tanegashima VS Sanada
    Duke VS Yukimura or Fuji
    Ryoga VS Shiraishi
    Oni VS Akutsu
    Ohmagari VS Fuji or Kirihara
    Kimijima/Tohno VS Kite/Marui or Kirihara/Kaido
    Ochi/Muuri VS Atobe/Niou

I didn't put Ryoma coz' I think Byoduin will defeat Tokugawa, and Ryoma might challenge him in the number 1 spot.. Same goes if Tokugawa defeat Byoduin...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I knew it.. Kirihara may perform devil mode again when no one control (tame) him like shiraishi does...

Byoduin VS Tokugawa
    Tanegashima VS Sanada
    Duke VS Yukimura or Fuji
    Ryoga VS Shiraishi
    Oni VS Akutsu
    Ochi/Muuri VS Atobe/Niou

I didn't put Ryoma coz' I think Byoduin will defeat Tokugawa, and Ryoma might challenge him in the number 1 spot.. Same goes if Tokugawa defeat Byoduin...
    Ohmagari might be Akutsu's first victim, actually - he ordered him around.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohmagari might be Akutsu's first victim, actually - he ordered him around.
    You have a point.. But there is something bothering me... Wouldn't it be doubles for Oni/Ohmagari?? Coz If that happens then I think the best pair to battle against these two would be Akutsu/Kirihara as they were introduced in pair puri...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Precisely. Kite can emulate Jackal's defense thanks to his Omni Directional Shukuchihou, but unlike Jackal he can add to the offensive side as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Precisely. Kite can emulate Jackal's defense thanks to his Omni Directional Shukuchihou, but unlike Jackal he can add to the offensive side as well.
    Kite is like a buffed version of Jackal, is more offensive and can movie in all directions with the Sukuchihou, so that makes a way stronger pair than Marui/Jackal.

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post

Byoduin VS Tokugawa
    Tanegashima VS Sanada
    Duke VS Yukimura or Fuji
    Ryoga VS Shiraishi
    Oni VS Akutsu
    Ochi/Muuri VS Atobe/Niou

Why Duke vs Fuji? Duke it's a power player and I doubt Fuji would beat Duke. On the other hand, Yukimura is the perfect option to beat No.3

Ryoga vs Shiraishi, why? Shiraishi won't stand a chance against Ryoga, is too soon for him to reach top 5, I doubt that Shiraishi will become top 5, he will never be able to be at that level. I would like Ryoma vs Ryoga, Ryoma has to be in the matches and he will beat Ryoga, there's no way Ryoma isn't going to appear in these matches as he is the main protagonist.
    Irie could also face him and lose after a close match. But players like Oishi, Kawamura, Kabaji who are in the first string.. the heck... Ryoma has to definitely appear and beat a top 5, most likely Ryoga.

Oohmagari vs Fuji is what I think that will happen, with Fuji completely dominating in the end and winning showing his true power.

Kimijima/Tohno vs Marui/Kite it's a possibility, altough I think they'll face Shiraishi/Kirihara and win to stay in the top 10, I don't think they will be kicked out from the team just yet.

And Niou/Atobe are going to win. No doubt about it.

So, the HS that will remain in the team are Kimijima/Tohno, Oni, and maybe Shuuji and Byodouin.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; January 18, 2012 at 08:54 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it already confirmed that Duke's a power player? Or is anyone just stating it because of his appearance?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Is it already confirmed that Duke's a power player? Or is anyone just stating it because of his appearance?
    We're assuming it because of his appearance.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    In this series, appearances don't usually disappoint.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Kite is like a buffed version of Jackal, is more offensive and can movie in all directions with the Sukuchihou, so that makes a way stronger pair than Marui/Jackal.

Why Duke vs Fuji? Duke it's a power player and I doubt Fuji would beat Duke. On the other hand, Yukimura is the perfect option to beat No.3

Ryoga vs Shiraishi, why? Shiraishi won't stand a chance against Ryoga, is too soon for him to reach top 5, I doubt that Shiraishi will become top 5, he will never be able to be at that level. I would like Ryoma vs Ryoga, Ryoma has to be in the matches and he will beat Ryoga, there's no way Ryoma isn't going to appear in these matches as he is the main protagonist.
    Irie could also face him and lose after a close match. But players like Oishi, Kawamura, Kabaji who are in the first string.. the heck... Ryoma has to definitely appear and beat a top 5, most likely Ryoga.

Oohmagari vs Fuji is what I think that will happen, with Fuji completely dominating in the end and winning showing his true power.

Kimijima/Tohno vs Marui/Kite it's a possibility, altough I think they'll face Shiraishi/Kirihara and win to stay in the top 10, I don't think they will be kicked out from the team just yet.

And Niou/Atobe are going to win. No doubt about it.

So, the HS that will remain in the team are Kimijima/Tohno, Oni, and maybe Shuuji and Byodouin.

Duke VS Fuji: Well, I think Fuji has to have a counter against power player (If ever Duke is a power player)..
    Ryoga VS Shiraishi: If you guys wanted Ryoga to stay in the number 4 spot and at the same time have a good much against a strong MS well I think Shiraishi is the best option... But of course Shiraishi will find his way to be a First Stringer...

Shiraishi/Kirihara doubles: I doubt we'll ever see these two again... Or maybe not in these shuffle match for the top 10 positions...

Ryoma may not appear in this shuffle match like what happened to Junior Senbatsu against the US team... Coz I think he will be in the number 1 spot but Konomi Sensei have to do the Byoduin-Tokugawa match.. And then whoever wins, Ryoma will challenge him..

New Reply
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast