Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 69 and 70 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    @solomon585858 My predictions are just like yours, why Kintarou should play Tanegashima?, to get crushed?, I think that Sanada is the one who will face him like the chapter 67 hinted, that confrontation they had, I'm sure that they will face each other.

And if Yukimura gets to play against Ryoga, who will win? What do you guys think? That's a hard one to tell.
    If Yukimura plays Ryoga he get stomp 6-0 unless he gets an huge power in the match. Yukimura is extremely strong but vastly overrated, Fuwa with an handicap was playing evenly with Yukimura before he got the yips and he was only no.11.
    Last edited by Demon Roronoa Zoro; January 08, 2012 at 04:42 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I doubt he would get stomped you know, it's most likely that he can lose, but he can also win, it's 50-50, Yukimura could have stomped Fuwa without using yips if he wanted to get serious. Ryoga probably has some of Ryoma's techniques plus a super shot, and Yukimura can see through every shot. He also has Yips, unless Ryoga has TnK or enough willpower, he won't be able to break yips, and if that happens, the winner is already decided. We can't forget that Yukimura can put some people in a trance and make them sleep. We are talking of the one that, before Tezuka achieved TnK, nobody could reach him, he's one of the strongest, so Ryoga won't stomp such a player.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Roronoa Zoro View Post
    If Yukimura plays Ryoga he get stomp 6-0 unless he gets an huge power in the match. Yukimura is extremely strong but vastly overrated, Fuwa with an handicap was playing evenly with Yukimura before he got the yips and he was only no.11.
    Fuwa with no handicap would have been yipped faster. Its BECAUSE he wasnt using his eyes is that he survived from Yips longer. Re-read the match and you will realize Yukimura was in control of that match from start to finish.
    Ryoga stomping Yukimura? Your just guessing. Its not based on anything.
    If its coz Ryoga returned Byoudouin's serve, well we dont know if Byoudouin was using full power, and Yukimura has shown power is nothing to him. He easily returned Big Bang serve and Sanada's Lightning.

You forget Yukimura already has the massive power up of being able to see through all special shots.
    Please understand that Fuwa not using Closed Eye would have lost faster as he would have witnessed his efforts being completely quelled which would frighten him into yips. As a matter of fact, Fuwa is the worst Yips sufferer out of Tooyama, Sanada and Echizen so far as Fuwa was put to sleep. Using Fuwa is a bad example. As strong as Fuwa was shown to be, Yukimura handled him.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The point of Yuki and Kintarou playing is that their roles aren't really important or necessary in SPoT anymore. Yuki was the final boss of PoT, but he really doesn't have a role in SPoT. Kintarou isn't really a rival anymore...Both of them can get crushed, but still maintain their 11-20 rankings and that can be it.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

They are very important characters, Kintarou is Echizen's counterpart, Yukimura is Sanada's main rival, Yukimura needs development, Kintarou has yet to show more improvement appart from the clone technique. They're two characters that need to be in top 10, both of them are above players like atobe, shiraishi, Irie, etc.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; January 08, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The point of Yuki and Kintarou playing is that their roles aren't really important or necessary in SPoT anymore. Yuki was the final boss of PoT, but he really doesn't have a role in SPoT. Kintarou isn't really a rival anymore...Both of them can get crushed, but still maintain their 11-20 rankings and that can be it.
    Pretty much. People don't realize that roles from PoT are going to change in the U-17. Example one being Tezuka is no longer Echizen's older target, Kazuya is. Yukimura and Kintaro have already fulfilled their roles. Screw development for them, in Konomi's mind.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't want to see a bunch of characters who just played in the 11-20 matches playing again. Kintarou and Yukimura just had their matches, and they have their place on the team already. Akutsu and Sanada getting to play is more important, I think.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Yukimura getting stomped by Ryoga I'd say this:

Ryoga is one of the most mysterious characters in PoT universe if not the most mysterious. We don't know anything about his powers and skills (movie doesn't count). But I'd say that Ryoga for me is the real number 2 after Byodouin. We have two most mysterious players in PoT sequel - Tanegashima and Ryoga. We don't know anything about them and what to wait from them but Ryoga's real power for me is much higher than Tangeshima. It is just speculation of course but somehow I have a feeling that it is the truth. We'll just have to wait and see how this will turn out.

As for Yukimura.. he is the monster, true monster of PoT but I doubt his YIPS will help him against Ryoga. I bet score will be 6-0, Ryoga wins.

As for Echizen and who will he play against... now it is simple: either Ryoga or Byodouin. Echizen can't play against Byodouin. It is too early for him to challenge Houou. As for Ryoga... I'd say Echizen is weaker than Ryoga and will definetly being crushed during the match but as we saw many times before he will evolve during this match and surpass his elder brother in the end. I don't think we'll see Ryoga anymore after this match.

Byodouin VS Kazuya predictions. Wow... Very hard to predict anything about those two. Byodouin is definitely stronger but Kazuya won't give up so easily. I am sure this will be the "match of the year 2012,2013" in New Prince of Tennis manga. I am sure we'll see something incredible (especially in anime version)

In the end I just want to make my predictions of the high-school players which will be in Top 20 in the end:

Kazuya
    Irie
    Oni
    Tanegashima

Though last one is debatable I hope he will stay.
    Last edited by solomon585858; January 08, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Tanegashima vs Sanada will be beyond amazing too, Sanada will win after unleashing the true power of Black Aura.

It's true that Echizen will face Ryoga, Ryoma will win, he will start winning, Ryoga makes a comeback and stays above him, and Echizen will evolve again and completely destroy him, his power ups are amazing, probably the best in the manga.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

In opposition, Letal, after the development that Shuuji's received, I can't see him just getting eliminated. I see Sanada either losing to Shuuji or in doubles with Fuji.

I also believe that Echizen will most likely face Oohmagari. Ryoga can't just be introduced, with Ryoma not remembering him, only to be fodderized instantly, so Ryoga has to stay, which is why Yukimura is a good opponent for Ryoga.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solomon585858 View Post

Ryoga is one of the most mysterious characters in PoT universe if not the most mysterious. We don't know anything about his powers and skills (movie doesn't count). But I'd say that Ryoga for me is the real number 2 after Byodouin. We have two most mysterious players in PoT sequel - Tanegashima and Ryoga.
    How are they the two most mysterious characters in the PoT universe? Right now, the most mysterious characters in the PoT universe are the 10 players from the 1st string and the coaches of the U-17.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Not crushed. Thats too far.

In opposition, Letal, after the development that Shuuji's received, I can't see him just getting eliminated. I see Sanada either losing to Shuuji or in doubles with Fuji.
    The last one is kinda random. As much as I love Fuji, its possible he could be left behind.
    For the PoT promo purposes, besides Echizen and Tooyama, they always have nowadays : Atobe, Tezuka, Shiraishi, Sanada, Yukimura and Kirihara. Sometimes Kite. even more than Fuji. Fuji doesnt even appear in the ending of New PoT, and its likely that Volume 8 wont have Fuji on the cover but Kirihara instead. What Im saying is it isnt all that likely we will see Fuji in action that soon, and this is from a Fuji fan.

I also believe that Echizen will most likely face Oohmagari. Ryoga can't just be introduced, with Ryoma not remembering him, only to be fodderized instantly, so Ryoga has to stay, which is why Yukimura is a good opponent for Ryoga.
    Is what you would think.
    Konomi has introduced 20 HSers and fodderized them instantly. He also foddered 20+ MSers too.

Quote Originally Posted by solomon585858 View Post

Ryoga is one of the most mysterious characters in PoT universe if not the most mysterious. We don't know anything about his powers and skills (movie doesn't count). But I'd say that Ryoga for me is the real number 2 after Byodouin. We have two most mysterious players in PoT sequel - Tanegashima and Ryoga. We don't know anything about them and what to wait from them but Ryoga's real power for me is much higher than Tangeshima. It is just speculation of course but somehow I have a feeling that it is the truth. We'll just have to wait and see how this will turn out.

As for Yukimura.. he is the monster, true monster of PoT but I doubt his YIPS will help him against Ryoga. I bet score will be 6-0, Ryoga wins.
    This is quite random. You have no reason to show how Yukimura would get stomped. He may lose, but STOMPED?
    Understand that NOBODY else is on Yuki's level besides Sanada, and Tezuka & Echizen, Tokugawa who are above him.
    This is of the knowledge we know. We dont know how strong Tanegashima or Ryoga really are, we just know they are amongst the very best.

Yukimura bashing is quite baseless. I doubt he will defeat guys like Tanegashima, Ryoga but losing 6-0?

Also, how do you explain Konomi putting Niou as the new No.10 above Yukimura? If that sits nicely with you then you dont know the series well. Yukimura is without a doubt better than both Atobe and Niou.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanada losing to Tanegashima? No. Why?, he lost to Yukimura badly, he went to train to the mountains, and if he needs a win he needs it now against Tanegashima. I recognize that Tanegashima is a godlike player, however, Sanada's true power is unknown, and I don't care about Shuuji to much, he will become fodder, Konomi usually does that.

Also, you see Sanada losing, that's your opinion, my opinion is that he'll win. We'll have to wait to see how their match goes.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; January 08, 2012 at 03:36 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Sanada losing to Tanegashima? No. Why?, he lost to Yukimura badly, he went to train to the mountains, and if he needs a win he needs it now against Tanegashima. I recognize that Tanegashima is a godlike player, however, Sanada's true power is unknown, and I don't care about Shuuji to much, he will become fodder, Konomi usually does that.

Also, you see Sanada losing, that's your opinion, my opinion is that he'll win. We'll have to wait to see how their match goes.
    Sanada losing? Who sees that? And we dont even know whether or not Tanegashima is godly. Look how suddenly Kaji was fodderized.
    Although yeah, we know that he is hella strong.
    It could be possible that Konomi is preparing players from other countries like youve been saying to be the godly kind of players.

I simply feel its inaccurate to say Yuki would get stomped by anyone in this camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Pretty much. People don't realize that roles from PoT are going to change in the U-17. Example one being Tezuka is no longer Echizen's older target, Kazuya is. Yukimura and Kintaro have already fulfilled their roles. Screw development for them, in Konomi's mind.
    Not quite. Kintaro has been handed the 5ball return power-up, and clone technique and Yuki can put guys to sleep, the fact that Fuwa can use Closed Eye shows that he wasnt at all weak.
    If we're talking about already filling their roles and being left behind, Im surprised Fuji and Kirihara havent been mentioned.
    Tokugawa is significantly different to Tezuka also. Tezuka never had a main enemy. He just wanted to win.
    Tokugawa is all ''I MUST DEFEAT BYOUDOUIN''.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Not quite. Kintaro has been handed the 5ball return power-up, and clone technique and Yuki can put guys to sleep, the fact that Fuwa can use Closed Eye shows that he wasnt at all weak.
    If we're talking about already filling their roles and being left behind, Im surprised Fuji and Kirihara havent been mentioned.
    Tokugawa is significantly different to Tezuka also. Tezuka never had a main enemy. He just wanted to win.
    Tokugawa is all ''I MUST DEFEAT BYOUDOUIN''.
    5 ball power-up, cool story bro. Sanada has it too. What's your point? Characters roles are changing from their original roles in PoT. It's not even the first time Konomi has hyped characters up and switched their roles later. Remember when Kirihara was first introduced? He was basically an anti-Ryoma. Come Nationals and the Ryoma / Akaya rivalry is shafted for Ryoma / Kintaro.

And I never said Kazuya is a Tezuka-expy. Honestly, I don't know what your last point is saying at all.

Honestly, I don't understand any of you guys' predictions.

New Reply
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast