Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 67 and 68 Discussion/Predictions

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 67 and 68 Discussion/Predictions

Chapter 67 RAW | Translation
    Chapter 68 RAW | Translation

Thanks to SigUp for finding the RAWs.

Please continue the discussion here.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 67 and 68 Discussion/Predictions

Thanks chaos. This helps confirm things while filling in my wait for chapters hahaha.

Well. At least the awesome guy with the necklace and orange proves our Ryoga theory.

and woah... Tokugawa got twist-turned upside down. From a shot...
    Does anyone else think its fair to say that Byoudouin VS Tokugawa = Byoudouin's win?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Tennis no Oujisama : The Anime

I've just read latest chapters and I have something that i did not like.
    1- Why Tachibana never wins a important match (Akaya, Chitose, Vs 3rd court)? Konomi really do not like him...
    2- Why Inui gave the badge to Renji? Inui is r0x!
    3- Why Irie stayed in 20th? I think Irie > Yukimura, Konomi...

No thread for discussion? I have had to post here...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Tennis no Oujisama : The Anime

Quote Originally Posted by mystictapion View Post
    I've just read latest chapters and I have something that i did not like.
    1- Why Tachibana never wins a important match (Akaya, Chitose, Vs 3rd court)? Konomi really do not like him...
    2- Why Inui gave the badge to Renji? Inui is r0x!
    3- Why Irie stayed in 20th? I think Irie > Yukimura, Konomi...

No thread for discussion? I have had to post here...
    No, Irie isn't better than Yukimura, Yukimura could destroy him if he wants to, he is on another level. Inui gave his badge to Renji because he couldn't have won if he didn't watch Mitsuya play, so he gave it to his best friend. About Tachibana, I hope he pairs up with Chitose on the top 10 matches and win.

I'm so happy that is Ryoga, I'm wondering if he wants payback from his last match with Ryoma.

Also, the serves that Byodouin shot doesn't mean that he is better than Tokugawa, he probably is, but on the first one he saved Echizen and on the second they were without their rackets and off guard. The last one was shot to Echizen while he was without his racket, we don't know what would have happened if he tried to return it. And then BAM, Ryoga.

So next time we have color cover, awesome, and I finally expect that some matches start already, next month we should saw at least Shiraishi play against a top 10. Fuji needs to be in the line-up also, to show a new counter and have his true moment.

It would be fine if he defeats a top 5, when you play against Fuji, you don't know what he'll do and his true potential may be so incredible that he could defeat easily a top 10, so it's time for Konomi to show what's his true strength.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 07, 2011 at 05:06 PM.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

From these chapters the most exciting parts for me were Kite/Marui and Ryoga revealing himself.

Kite/Marui seems like an awesome doubles match. Kite essentially fills the role of a hyper buff Jackal that doesn't only defend but can attack as well. Marui on the other hand probably has one of the harder read moveset of the series and non of those shots you can really just power back like you can others. The possibilities for their combination excite me quite a bit. Also because both character deserve more screen time in my opinion.

I'm glad Ryoga made it in the manga. After all, Konomi designed him for the movie and everything. Which means he'd make him canon at some point imo. I just hope to go they give him a more coherent backstory (that doesn't mess with the Genius 0 story)

From the likes of these chapters, we still don't know if 11-20 have to replay in the new shuffle (but god I hope so), but we can predict at least the following match ups.

No 1 vs. Tokugawa
    No. 2 vs Sanada (or maybe Shuuji plays doubles against a Sanada/Kaidou doubles?....naw )
    No. 4 vs. Ryoma
    No. 6 vs. Akutsu
    No. ???? vs. Kite/Marui

I'm hoping that 11-20 have to replay and we have Kite/Marui take the badges away from Taka/Kabaji

I'm still not 100% convinced that Irie will be making the final cut. I have a feeling he may stay behind in the camp by choice. Afterall he wasn't even wearing his No. 20 badge like the rest (does anyone besides Akiba even know that Irie won?). I have a theory that Irie will rechallenge Atobe to see how far he's come and let Atobe have the badge.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe getting revenge on Irie?, sounds good, but Atobe has to be on the top 10, he wouldn't be satisfied with the No.20 badge, so he would aim much higher. I also think that Fuji needs to be in the top 10 line up.

Man, I would love if your theory it's true and Sanada plays doubles with Kaidou, but Sanada is a singles player, so the most logic thing is that he will face Shuuji on Singles. What it's interesting is if Kaidou will play against a top 10 or will play against Momo for the No. 19 spot.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 07, 2011 at 06:14 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Atobe may not like it, but it could be something planned ahead of time between Oni and Irie. I figure if Oni and Irie have input as to which middle schoolers will be given a shot, then they can simply not give Atobe a match and have Irie crush Yamato or something officially. then after the fact Irie challenges Atobe once more and that's where Atobe takes it or something.

Also, does anyone besides me think that Sanada has softened up a bit since his return from the mountain? He doesn't quite seem the hardass he used to be...

I wonder where Kaidou will fit into this line up. Possibly a doubles with Tanishi? Though, personally I'd still prefer a team up with Hiyoshi and him, but Hiyoshi has been given lno screen time since the return. Richard has been given more Screentime than him since coming back...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Crasher's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

My first post...

Well I think its awesome that we will see Ryoga play in this series.. But what I really want to see is Kirihara and Kaido Pair with in their devil modes.. or maybe Angel and Devil modes. I want to see them crash the HSers...

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post

I'm still not 100% convinced that Irie will be making the final cut. I have a feeling he may stay behind in the camp by choice. Afterall he wasn't even wearing his No. 20 badge like the rest (does anyone besides Akiba even know that Irie won?). I have a theory that Irie will rechallenge Atobe to see how far he's come and let Atobe have the badge.
    I could see that happening and Atobe beating Irie, refusing the badge saying the no.20 badge is beneath him. I just don't see Atobe not being in the top 10 when it's all said and done.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    My first post...

Well I think its awesome that we will see Ryoga play in this series.. But what I really want to see is Kirihara and Kaido Pair with in their devil modes.. or maybe Angel and Devil modes. I want to see them crash the HSers...
    For starters, Kaidou's almost certainly never going to use Devil Mode again. Secondly, Akaya can only use Angel Mode when he's partnering with Shiraishi.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    For starters, Kaidou's almost certainly never going to use Devil Mode again. Secondly, Akaya can only use Angel Mode when he's partnering with Shiraishi.
    Well, we don't know about that... Especially, Konomi gives us a lot surprises... I believe there is one point that Kaido will use Devil mode again, maybe in the latter part of the series...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Well, we don't know about that... Especially, Konomi gives us a lot surprises... I believe there is one point that Kaido will use Devil mode again, maybe in the latter part of the series...
    Actually this was something Konomi implied in his Pair Puri releases. Angel Mode is really only something that can be done with paired with Shiraishi because Shiraishi knows how to control Kirihara (with compliments)

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually this was something Konomi implied in his Pair Puri releases. Angel Mode is really only something that can be done with paired with Shiraishi because Shiraishi knows how to control Kirihara (with compliments)
    If you say so... But wouldn't it be nice if that happen?? Kaido and Kirihara pair vs Inui and Renji??

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

While I wouldn't mind seeing a Kaidou/Kirihara doubles team, I don't really think there is room for it as clearly Shiraishi/Kirihara would be superior in every way.

Also against Inui/Renji they'd be crushed for sure. Renji has already shown Devil Mode can be beaten with Data alone (in the pair match vs. Kirihara). I'm pretty sure Inui has just as much data on Kaidou....

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Atobe may not like it, but it could be something planned ahead of time between Oni and Irie. I figure if Oni and Irie have input as to which middle schoolers will be given a shot, then they can simply not give Atobe a match and have Irie crush Yamato or something officially. then after the fact Irie challenges Atobe once more and that's where Atobe takes it or something.
    I think it'd be a bit too early for Atobe to rechallenge Irie. He didn't stand much of a chance against Irie's slightly serious level, and apparently that's nowhere near his real strength.

If Atobe will play Irie again, I'd expect it to be a month later during the next challenge when he had a lot of time to level up.

Anyway, seeing as we don't know whether anyone else has a clue that Irie beat Akiba, how about Irie playing in the No. 4 match against Ryoga? We would finally get to see him going all-out (or at least close to it) and even when he loses, he can still reveal that he was No. 20 all along and stay on the team that way.

New Reply
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast