Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who will beat Hysteria?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • The ones fighting her now

3 30.00%
  • Miria

2 20.00%
  • Priscilla

1 10.00%
  • Claire

2 20.00%
  • Roxanne

0 0%
  • Cassandra

1 10.00%
  • Galatea- I mean other

1 10.00%
New Reply

Thread: Short Chapter 122 Review

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Short Chapter 122 Review

Claymore Chapter 122 Short Review
    Hello everybody. As you can see from the title, this is going to be a short review. That is due in part to the fact that this chapter was kinda short. And to me it didn't feel like a lot happened. Anyways, now for the poll results. I asked everyone what Abyssal One's design was their favorite. Lucelia, Hysteria, and Galatea didn't get any votes. Then again Galatea isn't an awakened. One person likes Roxanne's awakened look, another Alicia's. Five People favor Riful, and that's great. But Isley beat her out with seven votes. No surprise as his centaur like form is appropriately awesome.

Fight Against Elegance-
    We open with Cynthia moving to keep Miria from awakening, and Yuma starting to heal her. Deneve quickly gives Miria the lowdown on what she's missed and who their new allies are. Miria seems to realize that she was wrong to run off without the other ghosts, and asks for help saving as many of the wounded Claymores as possible. And using Anastasia's ability, they almost look like they might be able to do it. They manuver Hysteria into position for them to rescue the two warriors she's holding, and for Tabitha to chop off her wings. This was a nice way of exploiting the fact Tabitha still hasn't released her Yoki. Hysteria however doesn't see this as a big deal. Actually she tells them that flying with the wings was slowing her down. And she was right, as Deneve and Nike find out the hard way. As Miria has realized, Hysteria's awakened form gives her a solution to one of the biggest problems high speed brings. It gives her traction, so she can control it. And even without actually flying, she's outmaneuvering everyone else. And then she shoots out her spines into the ground. Just what is Hysteria doing?
    Well this chapter focused only on Developer's group of reinforcements vs Hysteria. At first the Claymores seems to have the advantage. But it seems that Hysteria was just playing around flying in the sky. Now she's moving much faster, and that's a bad thing. Of course the question is how is she moving so well when she's in mid air? She might just be stretching her legs down I supposed. But then what purpose do those odd spikes of hers serve, and why has she shot them out? One things for sure, this isn't going to be easy for the Claymores at all.

Winner of the Month- Hysteria. Hell this chapter could have just been called Hysteria owns.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Short Chapter 122 Review

Nice review

Who will beat Hysteria...uhm...so difficult now.

Miria? No..i don't think
    The other ghosts...not seems to be at the level to beat her.

Claire and priscilla? Improbable.

I' think that cassandra, will kill Hysteria. Why? Becouse Hysteria try to kill Cynthia, and when Cassandra will notice the resemblance to her beloved friend, will head against hysteria, giving her battle.
    Only the power of cassandra may destroy hysteria. Her technique - dust eater - is perfect for fighting the awakened.
    Last edited by Alisia; January 03, 2012 at 02:13 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

i want Miria to beat Hysteria and firmly grasp her BEST-SPEED AWARD, i feel the Hysteria-Miria fight is not finished as both sides could say more to it, i like their fight and would like to see more

i dont want Miria to defeat her because the plot itself would be kinda lame, ghosts doing nothing Miria overpowering ghosts etc

but it is not like Hysteria isnt #2 strongest monster on the island now Priscilla>Hysteria,Cassie,Roxie>previous AO>...

how can anyone defeat her?

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

How you can state that the previous Abyssal Ones were weaker than the current ones like that? Hmmm...

The black wind begins to blow...
    Can you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    How you can state that the previous Abyssal Ones were weaker than the current ones like that? Hmmm...
    simply.. - it was stated that current AO were once among 8 strongest #1s in history that means previous AO were weaker and it is only natural to assume that everyone gets boost equivalent to their potential when awakening so current Ao are definitely stronger then previous ones

of course that doesnt mean 1 on 1 they woudl ultimately win - be stonger, i mean just their fighting potential, even weaker opponent can defeat stronger, but on paper new AO>old AO

i thought it was clear, was it just me thinking that?

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spit View Post
    simply.. - it was stated that current AO were once among 8 strongest #1s in history that means previous AO were weaker and it is only natural to assume that everyone gets boost equivalent to their potential when awakening so current Ao are definitely stronger then previous ones
    I thought Dae chose among the number ones whose bodies were still intact. There was nothing they could salvage from Isley or Riful, and they had no idea where Luciella was. I assumed that the awakened number ones were chosen from "The strongest of the number ones that Dae had in stock" rather than "The strongest of the number ones in history." None of these babes could hold a candle to Teresa. Hell, Alicia alone would wreck these chicks except maybe Cassandra, so I doubt Dae selected the strongest number ones in history. He merely chose the strongest number ones he had in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by spit View Post
    of course that doesnt mean 1 on 1 they woudl ultimately win - be stonger, i mean just their fighting potential, even weaker opponent can defeat stronger, but on paper new AO>old AO
    I agree with you there. I think that Riful could probably best Hysteria but she'd have trouble with Roxanne. By that same token I'm sure Isley would be able to deal with Hysteria or Roxanne but he'd probably have trouble with Cassandra.
    Last edited by ZERO PHOENIX; January 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    I agree with you there. I think that Riful could probably best Hysteria but she'd have trouble with Roxanne. By that same token I'm sure Isley would be able to deal with Hysteria or Roxanne but he'd probably have trouble with Cassandra.
    i think of current AO being relatively on the same level and 1 on 1 it would be which specialty is effective against who, therefore i think Hysteria has much less destructive force than Roxie,Cassie

i think i agree with you on all those fights
    most uncertain for me is Hysteria we dont know how much leverage her speed gives her - Isley is quite universal, but i have a feeling he doesnt excel in regeneration (wasnt able to heal continuous, but small amount of damage) - Hysteria might have a shot after all

Cassie in general is interesting - against anyone i want to know how powerfull she is when fully utilising her technique
    Roxie - Riful could be real octopedial fight

---------- Post added January 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was January 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    None of these babes could hold a candle to Teresa. Hell, Alicia alone would wreck these chicks except maybe Cassandra, so I doubt Dae selected the strongest number ones in history. He merely chose the strongest number ones he had in stock.
    i dont wanna make things up, but didnt Dae tell names of 8 strongest claymores in history? among them were current AO and Teresa too, Alicia was not there though

while i think Alicia is very strong, i wonder how strong is she when fighting alone? She cannot awaken by herself. Teresa would surely destroy those 12 AB like nothing too. Personally i think Teresa could have a problem against one of those 8.. She does have truly fearsome power - before Teresa you stand yoki-naked - use yoki and it wont help .. you need to get yoki free and stay on her level of you want to beat her
    BUT
    #1s are #1s for a reason they excel in everything(compared to rest) some #1s excel less, some more, but there may be some that have the same ability or some other equaly effective ability as Teresa although i think of her as most powerful from all past present and future claymores (for my wn reasons)

New Reply