Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Ririka Thread

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ririka Thread

Some discussion has been ongoing in the chapter discussion thread as well, but here we'll be able to consolidate all the discussion on this brand new character, whom I'm pretty confident will play a pretty big role in chapters to come.

We don't know much about her, other than the fact that she's Katou's friend and a seiyuu. She seemed to only want to go for the awards event to meet Saikou, not knowing he was already attached. She left thereafter but that's not going to be the last of her.

What kind of character do you think she is (manipulative, vicious, underhand?)? How will she fight for Saikou's love? How will her job as a seiyuu affect Saikou and/or Azuki?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ririka Thread

The only thing that comes to mind s that she might develop a rivalry with azuki,seeing that
    she is his girlfriend but a the same time it might change the game now that ashirogi has two series now, perhaps ,now that the chief editor isn't in charge ,PCP might get an anime and
    the seiyu part goes to her(i dont really believe that the mangaka have a lot of saying of who can be their seiyu in the real world but eiji didn't select azuki in his manga so i might be wrong)Although the killing her might be an awesome plot twist
    (i saw that in the other tread and that's hilarious)

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I, too, was thinking about the possibility of both Ririka and Azuki fighting over the role of the female lead of Ashirogi's series that gets an anime (likely to be Reversi). But regardless of what it's like in the real world, it was already stated that in the Bakuman world, at least, the original mangaka have a say in who gets the seiyuu roles in the anime. So, without a doubt, Ashirogi would choose Azuki to voice the character, so I can't really see how this can be expanded very much, though of course if she wanted, Ririka could still try to wreck havoc, maybe spreading some rumours about Azuki or something? Japan loves tabloids, after all...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There are so many inappropriate names that I could call her. I think that "home wrecker" is the most politically correct term I can use.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

She hasn't actually done anything yet so I wouldn't go as far as to call her anything of the sort She has the potential to, I'll give her that, but until then, she's just a minor character, one of many who crossed Ashirogi's paths, and one who happened to express some interest in Saikou.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

While I agree with Sala that unfortunate things will probably ensue and we'll end up suffering through a painful arc, she could be someone that we never see again.

That old friend of AM's from school was never seen again. We never learned the identity of the bank robber and all we had on that front was speculation.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    While I agree with Sala that unfortunate things will probably ensue and we'll end up suffering through a painful arc, she could be someone that we never see again.

That old friend of AM's from school was never seen again. We never learned the identity of the bank robber and all we had on that front was speculation.
    The bank robber was fodder-stuff that was used for a filler-arc. AM's old schoolfriend had more screentime, but she had nothing in common with any of the main cast. Ririka on the other hand has a connection to three main characters. Saikou, Azuki and even the female assitant who works for AM (forgot her name).

Her current disappearance is the same as Nanamine's dissapearance after his first defeat. She'll be back.

With a brand new method.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    The bank robber was fodder-stuff that was used for a filler-arc. AM's old schoolfriend had more screentime, but she had nothing in common with any of the main cast. Ririka on the other hand has a connection to three main characters. Saikou, Azuki and even the female assitant who works for AM (forgot her name).

Her current disappearance is the same as Nanamine's dissapearance after his first defeat. She'll be back.

With a brand new method.
    I wasn't referring to Iwase, Alpha. I was referring to the friend in the bank robber bit. If you'll recall, AM went to a party and they spent a good bunch of pages with one friend.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I wasn't referring to Iwase, Alpha. I was referring to the friend in the bank robber bit. If you'll recall, AM went to a party and they spent a good bunch of pages with one friend.
    Are you talking about this chapter where Saikou went to a old class meeting? There were two character there. Shuujin's old girlfriend and this guy who made it into TV. Which one do you mean?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Are you talking about this chapter where Saikou went to a old class meeting? There were two character there. Shuujin's old girlfriend and this guy who made it into TV. Which one do you mean?
    I was talking about the game into made it into tv, Yamashita: http://www.mangareader.net/bakuman/130/7

Here, they exchange numbers and emails, but nothing came of it. I was suggesting that there is a possibility that nothing will happen with Ririka at all. I would think that Ohba's planning on doing something with her, but you never know.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kazehaya's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ladies and gentlemen, I also was somewhat surprised and thoughtful with the appearance of this character, but I will say some things to try, from my point of view I can deduce that makes Ririka, or will happen in the future with her in the manga , points are:
    1. nothing, XD, say nothing, for the simple fact that in this work there are many stock characters that do not add or contribute anything in history is more, most disappeared without leaving clear what was the outcome of their fate or . Examples: the solo mangaka glasses (can not remember his name), koogy, the boy from the same school of actors who wanted to be a mangaka too, now the question is: where are they? Ohba why not get returned to the scene? easy answer, stock characters, as Ririka, just fill, even I think it was Ohba he had the idea to put them in the manga, was the editor XD

2. This may sound hard, but it is better to discard from their minds the idea of ​​a romantic or sentimental problem situation between Mashiro, azuki and Ririka, and is lighter than the dribble rate Mashiro and Azuki melts, and the same azuki by Mashiro, in the manga and make it clear that love is immovable, are made for each other

3. It can, admittedly, may get a battle beyond the role of heroine ashirogi manga, remember that in chapter 162, Ririka tells the main character, who wants to be in the anime, this may be a reference that whether there may be labor battle ; Ririka vs azuki. But what takes this probability is that we are told, in the manga, which is a famous seiyu Ririka novice and azuki a professional, so this more clear, half-discarded notion.

4. more problems, more situations, and the sleeve extends, already showing signs that the end is near, so I do not think that the authors want to extend the sleeve meaningless situations

Oh, I exaggerate when he wrote that XD
    There are no ugly people, but there are unique tastes, GOD BLESS YOU¡¡¡

New Reply