Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 171 Discussion

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Toriko 171 Discussion

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 171 Spoiler Thread

PicsVerification: Confirmed
    Source: Juin Jutsu Team
    Credits: Juin Jutsu Team

More Pics Here: Juin Jutsu Team

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

That's frickin' awesome!!! The chapter is gonna be outstanding.
    So finally we are going to see Ichiryu confronting the Bishokukai leaders and at the end of the chapter we finally see Midora's face... and he looks like Sani!

So... maybe Sani is Midora's grandson? I had a thought at some point that Toriko is Ichiryu's grandson, but that's also amazing! Maybe that is why they are Four Heavingly Kings? Maybe all 4 of them are decen dants of strong Bishokuyas?

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

This going to be a top chapter. What do you need more:

Top villains, new cool looking characters, story progression. I can't tell a lot because we don't have a script yet but the pics look cool
    Last edited by Koen; January 11, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I counted 3 branch chefs, which is cool because they are the 3 we haven't seen fight yet, and there is 1 sous chef(tommy rod), the head chef, and the aid to the executive chef(niceny) as far as characters we know in that defensive line of bishokukai.

Midora actually looked a good bit like Acacia with his beard.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member B'arzz's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy Shit This chapter is gonna be epicness!!!!!! finally we can se limmon the sommelier and midora!!!i cant wait!!!!!!!!

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BOOM! I just mentioned that we would see Midora's face soon and here he is! I love that about this manga. Once it hints at a secret or something unknown, it doesn't keep you waiting an absurd amount of time before revealing it. I know it probably won't be out until friday but I can't wait to read this chapter!!

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this chapter looks BOSS! Midora looks really badass (and young!), and a lot like Sani. Jorge D. Dragon might be right about Sani being Midora's grandson, their faces are similar, only Midora's is less beaut'ful and full of scars, and his hair is like Sani's only black. It almost looks like he got the scars from closing his eyes and grabbing his face and scratching down. Maybe he got them from being overly frustrated for not finding God, or it could be some other reason entirely, like Ichiryuu having given them to him.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Erm... Now I'm pretty afraid that Ichiryuu might die or smth. He's facing a shitload of strong Bishokuya and also Midora himself apparently.
    But yes, it is a fuckin awesome chapter, can't wait for the release !

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Erm... Now I'm pretty afraid that Ichiryuu might die or smth. He's facing a shitload of strong Bishokuya and also Midora himself apparently.
    But yes, it is a fuckin awesome chapter, can't wait for the release !
    But wasn't it mentioned that Yosaku and Ryu were on the move? Well, I don't know if they are going towards dining kitchen like Ichiryuu.

Well, Ichiryuu can handle a lot of those bishokukai but he should be aware of the fact that Midora is over there too. I wouldn't be surprised if we'd get a conversation first between those two before any fight starts
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I and a few others thought that he was going towards his death all along, also I wouldn't be too sure about Midora being nearby. Last we saw he was in the Gourmet world, where Ryu and the other 0th Biotope people were headed.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

From the storyline point of view, its impossible for Ichiryuu to die when his character is still underdeveloped in the main plot.
    Though a flashback is imminent reading from the translation, I doubt it would be enough (or any amount of flashbacks for that matter) to develop the character, so imho he wont be dying anytime soon.

Also, Ichiryuu referred all of the bishokukai as kids, said that he only came to "chat" with Midora.Midora told them to stand back, that they all "cant stop him".I guess the disciples of Acacia are really on a whole different level.
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if Midora said that... Well I don't want him to die yet too, he's a pretty cool character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ichiryuu ended up in an amazing several chapter battle and died, I wouldn't be too upset with that. But that being said, I don't think he's gonna die here either.

I'm probably the only one, but by seeing the spoiler pics I sorta get the feeling I had in One Piece when Shanks met with Whitebeard. Remember how Shanks came in to "enemy" territory and used haki to pose a little threat. The weaker ones fainted or looked on half scared while the divsion captains just looked on to see what was gonna happen.

It's almost the same thing...the President is coming to enemy territory, so far everyone is keeping their distance and just looking on, and probably what will happen is the same. Midora will come out and meet with him, they'll talk and it'll end up with them ending the conversation with no real physical conflict.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I don't get any Shanks's vibe. Ichiryu is suposedly the strongest among three pupils of Acacia, thus the strongest person in this Gourmet Age and looking to the pictures he didn't try to intimidate anyone, but why did he come? Just to have a chit-chat? The chapter should be damn interesting. Isn't there any translation of those pages or some script?
    Also it's interesting what that King and his cook are talking about at the begining of the chapter.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast