Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toriko 171 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member oniichan powaa's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 171 Discussion / 172 Predictions

Toriko having interest in the memory of 'certain ingredient' is a sure hint of future chapter.

Shimabukuro being the third 'super power' is certainly an interesting development, but I guess Darnil Kahn and his cook Joa is another pawn of Bishokukai. Maybe...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    As I predicted Ichi just went there to chat with Mido. Anything else would made no sense at all, plot wise. Atom and the notebook are surely interesting points, but I don't fell like talking about that.

I believe there are some translation errors regarding the ranks of the Bishokukai. Either in this chapter or in the past.
    • Dores - Executive chef
    • Niceny - aid to the executive chef
    • Kuromado - Head chef
    I always thought Niceny was Kuro's right hand man, not Dores (like it was said in this chapter). Also I thought the executive chef and the head chef are the same person/rank. Honestly Im confused all over. Does someone has a different translation for this three guys?

Wasn't that in the past like 500 years ago. I mean at the currect age, I believe all three pupils are the strongest. Even the explanation at teh end of the chapter by the translator seems to hint that all three are the strongest. They are much like the Admirals in OP. Carrying the strongest rank of the MHQ with them.

Toriko is nominated for MH best 2011 manga. Plz make all sure to vote for this great manga. Thank you!
    There's no mistranslation. Kewl made it clear from the very beginning that Executive Chef and Head Chef aren't the same rank, it's the same way in real life too. But people still assumed that Niceny is Kuromado's aid and not another character's.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Also there is one thing I remembered after reading the current chapter and seeing Ichiryu. When Toriko showed his powers to IGO President Ichiryu performed jumping on water thing and asked Toriko if he wants to learn how to use it... and Toriko said he didn't want to. It seems to me that Ichiryu isn't only about his incredible physical power that was compared in some chapter (maybe in that where there were those strange apples with faces) with the power of meteor striking in the surface, but also he knows infinite special moves, so why Toriko didn't want to learn from him? That's a good oportunity for him to get stronger and thus get faster to the Gourmet World.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also interested in this new 3rd force that's being introduced. This was a very interesting chapter. I still think the next arc will be based on Ichiryu's full course, but I wouldn't be mad if there was a short flashback about Acacia's 3 disciples. You would think the "old days" would come up when Ichiryu and Midora talk.

But I think the memory Toriko want has to do with the President's full course. Either way, I can't wait for the next set of spoilers.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the next chapter would give us more about Ichiryu's and Midora's encounter. And I agree we might have some flashbacks of old time.
    I believe the next Arc would be based around Atom, but the next might be about President's Full Course.
    Also that's strange that there is any 3rd party that can be more or less comparable to IGO and Bishokukai. But maybe it would be interesting to see. Maybe they will be interesting oponents for Toriko and Coco. And maybe we will even see other Heavingly Kings in action.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    There's no mistranslation. Kewl made it clear from the very beginning that Executive Chef and Head Chef aren't the same rank, it's the same way in real life too. But people still assumed that Niceny is Kuromado's aid and not another character's.
    I see. I guess then it is just my bad English, since I was assuming both meant the same rank. So then who is superior in rank? Head chef or executive chef? Normally I would expect the excetuive chef to be superior, however the manga implies otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    BlackHair
    I don't think all Acacia's pupils are equal in power otherwise IGO wouldn't practically rule the current World for quite a long time. IGO didn't show to have as many strong members as Bishokukai have.
    I was just referring to each single individual, not the organisation they are leading.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3