Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply

Thread: Favorite fillers or changes made in the anime adaptation

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite fillers or changes made in the anime adaptation

I know fillers get a lot of negativity concerning a series that was adapted from something else (manga, novel, video games, etc.), but I wonder if there were any fillers you actually enjoyed watching? On a related note, were there some changes to the source material that you didn't mind or actually thought was better than the original?

My favorite filler is probably the Primo arc in the KHR anime. To be honest the set-up to that arc (and the Arcobaleno arc before it) don't make a lot of sense: the characters went back in time to the present even though the main goal of the Future arc is trying to go back to the present. However, there were a lot of great character development for the gang such as Yamamoto which I enjoyed a lot.

I actually don't mind a couple of changes made in Sket Dance. In some cases I thought the anime writers handled a certain situation better than Shinohara-sensei; it's understandable because you can add more to a 30 minute show than a 19 page manga.

I might be in the minority, but I also like the addition of two new characters in the Twelve Kingdoms (Jyuunikokuki). I think they helped developed Yoko's character and added some new tension that wasn't there in the books.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite fillers or changes made in the anime adaptation

Inuyasha

As an Inu x Kagome fan, I was thrilled about the fact that the anime team decided to add something that didn’t happen in the manga
    Spoiler show
    And because I actually liked Koga
    Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember it exactly but there was this really awesome fairy tail filler.
    For most parts, fairy tail fillers are great, I'm not too sure about the filler arc because I haven't watched it
    but when the studio fills in stuff for ft episodes or during comedy chapters, they are really great, I was really
    laughing all the way in a particular episode.

Another anime would be Gintama, the fillers are hard to detect and are a great addition. Love Sunrise for doing them.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ghost in the Shell movie makes radical changes from the manga, most famously changing the personality of most cast members. The movie only adapted a single storyline (The Puppetmaster), heavily altering the plot. The mood of the movie is considerably darker, and more philosophical, than the manga. Stand Alone Complex, Second Gig, Solid State, and Arise are not based on the manga at all, they are fully anime only stories.

Anime only episodes of Railgun are always good. The anime is so well written, and the staff so talented, it's hard to tell the difference between canon and new content.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching Shingeki's second OVA for several days now. Thank goodness it's a stand alone OVA as opposed to a filler episode between episodes 3 & 4 considering how far removed from the actual plot it is. It was hilarious, which one wouldn't normally associate with SnK, and the segment with Dot Pixis was a fan's crack fic come to life.

Spoiler: Since the subs aren't out yet, I'll put details behind the cut show

After Ilse's Notebook, I'm not surprised that some people were disappointed by how comedic this OVA was. Personally I loved it because it's rare to have moments like these in the actual story.
    Last edited by Asarii; April 15, 2014 at 10:57 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was re-watching the Shadow of the Moon; Sea of Shadow storyline of The Twelve Kingdoms while I was reading the novel at the same time. What I liked better in the anime than the novel was the relationship between Youko and Rakushun after the big reveal.

Spoiler show

The anime extended the period of time between the big reveal and the iconic quote making the impact of the reconciliation much stronger.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been quite a few that I liked. Especially from Gintama.

My favorite is probably Gintama's episode 252. One of it's many "The Last Episode" ones. It's called "We're Sorry"

It was such a great episode. Basically they did the equivalent of a clip show except they spent an entire episode having characters delivering hilarious apologies for things that offended people.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Runner up for me would be the Inuyasha X Kagome kiss. That was something that it really felt like the manga screwed up in not putting in there, and I loved that the anime fixed that.
    Last edited by Jammin; June 25, 2014 at 09:26 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply