Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Nuno gave me the idea, right time to start a ranking because we can now say that all heavenly kings/emperors have been displayed very well. How would you rank our four famous bishokuya
Among the four heavenly emperors/kings:
1. Zebra (reason: he didn't have a full course menu and his first menu CL 92 is mellow cola, his abilities and strength are awesome, his interaction with Komatsu is hilarious and awesome too. Komatsu is the probably the only one who is allowed to be cocky towards Zebra )
2. Toriko (reason: he will obtain earth, he'll become the new acacia, he knew what potential komatsu has, how his strength grows)
3. Sani/Coco (Sani due to his character, Coco due to his abilities/powers... Coco's fortune telling power is very cool. They are on par.)
Feel free to use this thread as a discussion too if you agree with something, disagree with something but do latter one with respect
Last edited by Koen; January 09, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
Oh my, Koen, you had the exact same idea as me about starting this thread Guess I was just a few minutes too late~
Anyway, for me, I guess my ranking is roughly like yours, except that I think Toriko, despite being the titular character, isn't actually *that* special. I mean, he's cool and everything, but he's not super outstanding. I find it pretty hard to rank the 4, as they are all really unique and cool in their own way. Zebra, however, is head and shoulders above the rest imo, he's just so badass
I was really taken by Coco in the Gourmet Casino arc, his fortune telling ability and his use of his knowledge to preempt Livebearer and come up with the best and worst orders in which to eat the food were really great. Some of it almost felt like Liar Game or something
Lol, I was going to make one too. I even checked if there was one already but then got distracted and forgot before I could make it
My list is:
The major factors I take in mind to judge them is abilities (both fighting and non-fighting), personality, general characteristics and looks. Toriko may have abilities that might seem "boring" and simple, but that's also what makes them so original and awesome in my opinion. He has the perfect tools, a fork and a knife for dining, it suits a character in the Gourmet Age who loves food more than anything perfectly. Moving on his personality is just what I like in shounen characters. Cheerful, careless yet wise, and brave. He's the perfect lead.
Zebra is an obvious 2nd place (and could easily be a 1st place candidate), simply because of his awesome badass level. His abilities are cooler than Toriko's even though I really like Toriko's simple ability design, but his personality while awesome isn't as layered as Toriko's and thus has fewer points of appeal. I love Zebra, but I like Toriko more. For me it's evidence enough when I really didn't want Zebra to steal Komatsu from Toriko, even though I knew it wouldn't happen I didn't want anything to come between Toriko and Komatsu's bond, simply because I like Toriko more than Zebra.
The last places are kind of tied, but if I had to rank them I'd put Sani above Coco. Coco rose a lot for me in the Gourmet Casino arc, especially the last chapters, but I find Sani's personality to be really hilarious, thus I enjoy his character more than I do Coco's, even though Coco's calculative and cunning personality is really awesome. I would also give Sani a slight edge in terms of how much I like their fighting abilities, thus he gets the third spot (not to mention that Sani's pet is 100x cooler than Coco's).
My list on the current power of the Four Heavenly Kings:
The reason is that he has been able to knock down even the 70s lv beasts WITHOUT even trying!
He is without a doubt the craziest beast in four. Even so he still need to use his best attack in order to take out beast 70s 80s.
His special technique that he just learned which use to repel other's attack are epic.
Struggling , almost got defeat by the panda which is 80s beast. WEAK!
From what I can gather, Toriko is kept as the weakest of the Heavenly Kings, with Zebura being the strongest and Sani/Coco interchanging with the arcs. By the end of the manga, Toriko will probably reign supreme.
I agree with masubiladin. Right now to me it seems like Coco is at the top, with Zebra following, maybe vice versa.
It's hard to order them because they are all very unique. Let's see, who we have:
Toriko: The protagonist, of course a bit "boring" so that the reader can put himself in his position. But he has great non-standard fighting abilities, a fine nose, which I find cool and he's very grateful for the food he eats.
Coco: Very cool and unique poison abilities. He's very smart but also a bit plain. Furthermore, he seems like the typical fangirl character.
Sani: Very crazy, which is good. His hair is a bit strange, but I have never seen a character, which is so feminine with so much muscles and still not looking gay.
Zebra: All there is to say: Ripping his cheek off to eat more!
I think I can't really find an order of poularity, but if I have to, it would be:
I just can't decide between Coco and Sani.
A ranking by (one-on-one) strength may be:
Let's hope a nearby arc will involve all four of them.
If we are ranking Heavingly Kings according to their strength it will be like this:
1. Zebra by a significant margin. He looked so damn strong even though he didn't eat any great ingridient for a while and also he was confined in preason where you normally can't develop yourself, especially compared to other strong characters. Also his ability is the strongest among Heavingly Kings and he is also physically the strongest and also has the best stamina that counts even more, cause he can perform more strong moves.
2. Coco for obvious reasons. His set of abilities is insane. He has his deadly poison that can kill a beast or a person or can make knocking on him. Also his predicting abilities are insane and his eyesight. He is also the best strategist among Heavingly Kings.
3. Sani. He has the strongest defensive ability among all Heavingly Kings and with his developed instinct it got even more solid.
4. Toriko. Even though he is my favourite in this manga, but still he doesn't have anything that special and strong for now. He is second in physical strength and stamina after Zebra. He is second in predicting ability after Coco and second in sensing after Sani. Maybe the only thing that he has that is of the first class among Heavingly Kings is his regeneration ability, but it won't make him strong enough to beat Zebra or Coco. He is quite close to Sani, but still.
P.S. After this Arc it might change due to Toriko eating two delicious things and his Gourmet cells evolving several times, but we also don't know what has Zebra done during those last Arcs.
01: Zebra. Zebra has the best feats out of the 4 Heavenly Kings thus far. Especially as far as destructive power is concerned.
02: Coco. Coco's abilities are nigh-impossible to counter without prep. So far only Zebra has the means to combat Coco's deadly arsenal.
03: Toriko. Toriko possesses immense destructive power and has an uncanny ability to predict his opponent's moves. He strikes me as the "jack-of-all-trades" in the group. He is good at offense and defense, but not to the extent as Zebra and Sani. Also, like Coco, his handling of poisons is well-developed but not quite at Coco's level. EoS Toriko, however, I expect to be the strongest out of the 4 by a thin margin.
04: Sani. Sani's skills are still developing and what hurts him is his lack of offense. He's great at defense but lacks the firepower and speed that his fellow peers possess.
Everytime we got to see them, they are stronger but I'll try to rank them here:
1 - Zebra - In his only arc we got to see that he was so much stronger than the rest that were free and training.... I mean, in the beggining Toriko and Coco were having trouble with level 10 beasts while Zebra was in prison and could beat level 60 and more! Plus heis too cool and badass!!!
2 - Coco and Sani - It is too hard to separate them because everytime we see them they are better! But for plot sake they seem the kind of characters that have similar strenght (Like Kurama and hiei from Yuyu or Yamamoto and Gokudera from reborn) and fans will rank them for preferences in personality... Their abilities are really cool and it seems they are aproaching their top in potential. Coco's poison is almost uber and he doesn't need to grow much more, Sani's reinforced his hair and the instict was pretty cool!
4 - Toriko - He is usually shown as the weakest, but he is the protagonist and will end the manga in the top while the others will drop one position. Plus his ability seems the one with most potential for growth.
ps: @Koen, Toriko wants the ingredient God. Sani is the one who wants earth for his dessert....
1. Zebra clearly. I don't need to comment on this.
2. Toriko. With his immense stamina and destructive power, he is below Zebra but a tiny step ahead Coco. But to be fair, if it wasn't for the poison guy I think he would share his position with Sani.
3.Coco. With his poison suit armor, I think he can be only defeated by long range attacks. Thus Zebra and Toriko are ahead of him.
4. Sani. I would have liked to put him equally to Toriko, since Im not sure who is stronger. However while I can see Toriko defeating Coco, I can't see Sani doing the same. He has no long range attacks, each hair is part of his body. So I had to put him below Coco, for that reason also below Toriko.
I understand that Zebra is really strong. Although from what we have seen, we already know what Zebra, Sanji, Toriko are capable of. However we have not seen any thing from Coco, like he mysteriously defeated that monster bird(finding the president's full course) and livebearer. He is like the strongest one.
@erosvp: yeah, I must have thought about earth while I wanted to type God
Anyway, that aside whereas a majority couldn't understand Coco's high position in the wsj character poll, a majority votes Toriko to the bottom. It really must be that people take certain abilities and characteristics into consideration when they make their choice
Coco has his poison attacks (mid/long range) and a armour made of it. Thus out of the 4 the best defence I would assume. However he has low stamina, as I recall puffer wale + mammoth arc. Zebra on the other hand is a monster, he is also clearly portrayed as the strongest. I don't see him getting defeated by any of the 3.
Actually I would say that the best defense is Sani's. He really reflects an attack before it touches his body, while Coco will be harmed by a relevant oponent even though his poison armor might harm his oponent as well. But I would say that Coco is the one who has decent chance against Zebra, because of his poison.