Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA on October 29]

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 11]

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    NPoT will never, never surpass the original. The original is always better, no matter how sequels are, they can't surpass the original story.

Konomi made a great job with POT, he showed with detail each of the matches and didn't include these one page kills that make me sick and how he fodderizes matches (Chitose/Tachibana vs. Wassio/Shuzuki or Krauser vs Nakagauchi and Shiraishi/Kirihara vs. Miyako/Matsudaira in anime).
    Dragonball Z > Dragonball.
    There are many films/shows/mangas where sequels can exceed the original. It can be true with most mangas but there are quite a few exceptions lol.

I agree with PoT. I was intensely hooked. The anime made me pick up tennis 2 years ago. And I dont think Konomi is that much involved in the anime. Considering its now almost a different story from the manga. I reckon its just the anime company screwing around.

Although if it was the old PoT anime series, we probably would have seen Krauser VS Nakagauchi get its own ep., Shiraishi VS Kirihara take an ep. and a half with Talking for the other half,
    Washio/Suzuki VS Tachibana/Chitose get dragged for like an ep. and Atobe VS Irie take a MINIMUM of 2 and half eps. lol.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Nationals OVA = PoT

PoT > NPoT

Nationals OVA = PoT > NPoT

Also, Nationals came out yearly, and had lots of material to deal with.
    It came out Annually? I dont remember since I only finished it in 2010 but you mean the 26 ep.s came out a year after the original series ended?
    Since I wasnt current with the series when I finished it. It had finished for a while before I finished it I think.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It came out Annually? I dont remember since I only finished it in 2010 but you mean the 26 ep.s came out a year after the original series ended?
    Since I wasnt current with the series when I finished it. It had finished for a while before I finished it I think.
    Yeah, the Nationals OVAs weren't immediately after the rest of the series, and they took four years to do anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ennis_episodes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

NPoT will never, never surpass the original. The original is always better, no matter how sequels are, they can't surpass the original story.
    This is a very objective thing to say. For all we know, Konomi could pick up the pace with NPoT and make things super interesting. Not saying he will, just saying, NPoT does have the potential to be better than the original PoT.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a very objective thing to say. For all we know, Konomi could pick up the pace with NPoT and make things super interesting. Not saying he will, just saying, NPoT does have the potential to be better than the original PoT.
    At the current time, he's messing up, still, I'm looking foward to the Japan team playing against the world, so maybe I can change my opinion depending on how good it is that part.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

At the current time, he's messing up, still, I'm looking foward to the Japan team playing against the world, so maybe I can change my opinion depending on how good it is that part.
    But I think the U-17 Camp arc could be amazing. All our favourite characters are here but Konomi has fodderized most of them. If he gave each of them a bit of screen time in many many Team Shuffles it would feel like PoT but better coz of the new storyline. And add some Player Shuffles here and there. This couldve been amazing.
    The whole U-17 Camp concept was really interesting with the Court System with 16 Courts and the No.s 20-11 and the Top 10.
    Shame Konomi trolled us and blew it on a whim.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    But I think the U-17 Camp arc could be amazing. All our favourite characters are here but Konomi has fodderized most of them. If he gave each of them a bit of screen time in many many Team Shuffles it would feel like PoT but better coz of the new storyline. And add some Player Shuffles here and there. This couldve been amazing.
    The whole U-17 Camp concept was really interesting with the Court System with 16 Courts and the No.s 20-11 and the Top 10.
    Shame Konomi trolled us and blew it on a whim.

He could have donde more things like a shuffle match with Court 6 vs Court 1, it would have been really interesting to see Yukimura vs Tokugawa. Or at least give more screentime to the losers when they returned to the camp showing how they defeated 2nd court and all, but Konomi really just focused on speeding through the camp.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 12]

That guy Echizen faces in the next episode is Migihashi Itarou?
    Last edited by LetalHawk; March 21, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That guy Echizen faces in the next episode is Migihashi Itarou?
    Yes, that's him. I was wondering whether they'd include him, given that he wasn't cut from the HSer image in the opening.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Dragonball Z > Dragonball.
    lolno.

Eh episode, especially after the last one but i hate this part of the series anyway...funny that they explained sanadas reasoning for having an eye patch lol
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LJkAze's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So next week episode they will show them how they beat court 2 which was not shown in the manga

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Then Echizen destroyed Migihashi, still I tought he was stronger, from Court 1 level.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So where did this Migihashi character even come from? I don't ever remember seeing him in the manga.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Then Echizen destroyed Migihashi, still I tought he was stronger, from Court 1 level.
    The anime have changed things. Migihashi must be stronger. He is drawn against the Top 10.
    Meaning he likely from 1st Court since 2nd Court were kicked out and mathematically probably didnt play against the Top 20.

Old 3rd Court 8 players, 1st Court 7 players, Yukimura and Oni leaving only 3 spots against the Top 20. old 3rd Court, Irie, Yukimura and 2 lower fodders were against 11-19, with Yamato and 8 from 1st Court leaving one space left. Im just guessing Migihashi is from the 1st Court in the manga. Didnt think he would suck.
    Since he was something like a Right Rounder.

The image of the old 3rd + Oni, Migihashi, Irie and Tokugawa made me pleased since it went from just Tokugawa, Oni and Irie to everybody else in the original photo which I thought was cliche of anime, but when I saw Migihashi I totally thought we were gonna see him look 'kinda' cool. Not instantaneous fodder.
    Since although Tanegashima was added, they didnt have to include Mighashi as he has no releveance to the storyline at all.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So where did this Migihashi character even come from? I don't ever remember seeing him in the manga.
    He never made an appearance, but was mentioned in the Pair Puris and was shown here on the far right.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast