Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [OVA vs Genius 10 Ep. 1]

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 7]

Quote Originally Posted by Featherwolf View Post
    Episode 8 is up --> http://www.animeultima.tv/new-prince...nglish-subbed/

Spoiler show
    Awesome. Possibly a hint we will see Dan become a 2nd Stringer?
    I would love Dan to become a member of the camp and crush some fodder and lose to Ryoma in a Singles match lol.
    Why only 2 awesome freshman in the country?
    In Tezuka's year there were a lot of strong freshman, Him, Tezuka, Fuji, Rikkai big 3, Atobe.

Yet Ryoma's has him and Kintaro. (Krauser im not counting coz he aint Japanese). Im hoping we get to see Ryoma have a rivalry with people in his own year like how everybody wants to challenge Tezuka haha.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 7]

Good episode, and I felt Kenya's pain when they were reading the note that detailed the Special Mission; Tanishi's Okinawan accent is a killer ("Filtch some swag," lmao).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 8]

This episode was really hilarious. Yeah, so agree that it felt more like a filler from PoT 1. Kirihara's addition was damn good!

And because it's hella funny...here's the Ina Bauer maneuvers of Ryoma and Kenya...lmao

gifs are from naniwa-bay of tumblr

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm definitely worried about the high schooler filler. We're definitely going to see some never-before-seen moves from numbers 11-20. The thing about the anime though . . . They've never been too good on the anime-only moves. They're almost always rip-offs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Now I'm definitely worried about the high schooler filler. We're definitely going to see some never-before-seen moves from numbers 11-20. The thing about the anime though . . . They've never been too good on the anime-only moves. They're almost always rip-offs.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by LetalHawk; February 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt mind Golf Swing unlike most hahaha.

I just absolutely positively hated Inui using Jack Knife and Sanada's Invisible serves and swings, and Kevins Illusion shot.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Spoiler show
    Not sure if thats possible.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 9]

Episode 9 is up and can be watched here:
    http://www.animeultima.tv/new-prince...nglish-subbed/

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually liked this episode. Made the whole sportsman hunt a bit more interesting. Also liked the revolution scene more.

Y'know, NPoT is a series better experienced as an anime rather than a manga, even though they do skip certain things.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

But Tezuka vs Yamato in next episode? What about Krauser vs Nakagauchi?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if anyone's realized it yet, but the guys behind the NPoT anime have been focusing on showing as much biased fanservice as they can. In this case, that means showing Ryoma, Tokugawa, Kintaro, Atobe, Tezuka as much as they can. Seriously, has anyone noticed the amount of screentime these guys get?

I think they skipped over Krauser vs. Nakaguchi because honestly, it doesn't really advance the plot in anyway; Kirihara-Shiraishi vs. Flower Guy and Flower Guy's Bitch was something Konomi himself regretted because the whole Angel Mode deal was ridiculous, so they probably skipped over it because it was just ... bizzare, and to adhere to his wishes. Tezuka vs. Yamamoto and Atobe vs. Irie were some really great matches.

Makes me wonder how many episodes this series is gonna be now.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; February 29, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I did wonder how they were going to fit all the shuffle matches into 3-4 episodes, since the series is to be said to have 12-13 episodes for now, but if they skip matches, I can see it to fit in better.

Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG I really want to see the next episode
    Spoiler show
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Y'know, NPoT is a series better experienced as an anime rather than a manga, even though they do skip certain things.
    Please take this back lol. PoT this can be said for. NPoT is so far horrible. The skipping on certain things and dragging out of things that were time wasting in the manga is like having a hot radiator pressed against your cheek during your sleep.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Dunno if anyone's realized it yet, but the guys behind the NPoT anime have been focusing on showing as much biased fanservice as they can. In this case, that means showing Ryoma, Tokugawa, Kintaro, Atobe, Tezuka as much as they can. Seriously, has anyone noticed the amount of screentime these guys get?

I think they skipped over Krauser vs. Nakaguchi because honestly, it doesn't really advance the plot in anyway; Kirihara-Shiraishi vs. Flower Guy and Flower Guy's Bitch was something Konomi himself regretted because the whole Angel Mode deal was ridiculous, so they probably skipped over it because it was just ... bizzare, and to adhere to his wishes. Tezuka vs. Yamamoto and Atobe vs. Irie were some really great matches.

Makes me wonder how many episodes this series is gonna be now.
    I agree here, but Nakagauchi VS Krauser, was a GOOD match. It was actually enjoyable. Kirihara/Shiraishi pair VS Miyako/Matsudaira was good too. Angel Mode was REALLY stupid, and didnt show Kirihara really improving that much since it is exclusively to being paired with Shiraishi but it was a good match.

This series wasnt for those who read the manga. I think its that simple. Skipping Yukimura and Sanada's tie-break, 2 Shuffles, its just a disaster. Since besides those 2 shuffles, how many full matches have we seen in the series? Just 5 in total with the 6th being the current chapter of the manga.

I miss the full matches we got with every encounter in PoT.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Just found this information.

A lot of us are disappointed in not seeing the YukimuraxSanada match during NPoT, but apparently the match is going to be added as a separate OVA on the 2nd Volume of the SPoT Anime DVD and Blu-Ray. Release date is set to 22nd of June.

I wonder if this means that the apparent missing matches in the Team Shuffle are going to be added as OVA to future DVD's and Blu Ray then?
    Last edited by Featherwolf; March 04, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Featherwolf View Post
    Just found this information.

A lot of us are disappointed in not seeing the YukimuraxSanada match during NPoT, but apparently the match is going to be added as a separate OVA on the 2nd Volume of the SPoT Anime DVD and Blu-Ray. Release date is set to 22nd of June.

I wonder if this means that the apparent missing matches in the Team Shuffle are going to be added as OVA to future DVD's and Blu Ray then?
    This photo was actually shown in the anime. Unless the writing SPECIFICALLY says we will includ what was left it out, (I cant read Japanese unfortunately), then I guess what was skipped has been... skipped.

New Reply
Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast