Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA on October 29]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Am yet to see Ep. 13. I want a quick spoiler. Is it definetely Migihashi Itarou that we see lose to Echizen?
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Am yet to see Ep. 13. I want a quick spoiler. Is it definetely Migihashi Itarou that we see lose to Echizen?
    Yes.

Spoiler show

Decent final episode. But, what I really want is the next season. Everyone knows that the best part of NPoT is when the overseas stringers show up.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Featherwolf View Post
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Spoiler show

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Decent final episode. But, what I really want is the next season. Everyone knows that the best part of NPoT is when the overseas stringers show up.
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Decent episode. What I like most about this anime is what others have said, the fact it ties up loose ends. As I predicted, Sanada has taken the role as leader of court 2, though the absence of black aura troubles me. They always seem to butcher Sanada by taking away his techniques in the anime. I like the fact that the coaches are so involved, and the development of Echizen and Kazuya.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime did a much better job explaining how Ryoma learned how to hit ten balls. The Migihashi game was really good. Glad that the second court had some showtime too. Guess we have to wait until the summer, hopefully, for new episodes. Don't see why we won't get any new episodes for the summer though, considering this anime, despite the high quality, reuses frames like a motherfu*ker.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll rewatch the entire thing before giving my opinions on the whole season. For now though, I have to say that it bugs me that they gave Migihashi the ability to hit 9 at once.

Spoiler show

There were some other things that didn't line up, but I'll leave it at this for now.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

When you're much stronger/have stronger base/techs, does it matter THAT much if you can't hit as many balls as someone else? In a normal match, you play only with one ball...? (Yes, if you're able to hit more, you'll probably be stronger, but..)

ex oriente lux

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    When you're much stronger/have stronger base/techs, does it matter THAT much if you can't hit as many balls as someone else? In a normal match, you play only with one ball...? (Yes, if you're able to hit more, you'll probably be stronger, but..)
    Hitting ten balls at once means that you can have more concentration, power, and speed than a normal player. Probably ten times more. That's just my theory. Honestly, it's just ridiculous and is used to prove that if you can do it then you're just really super good.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I'll rewatch the entire thing before giving my opinions on the whole season. For now though, I have to say that it bugs me that they gave Migihashi the ability to hit 9 at once.

Spoiler show

There were some other things that didn't line up, but I'll leave it at this for now.
    Can we take this to the tier ranking thread? Coz this is a great point which bugged me too but it will be packed with spoilers to discuss this here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think Tokugawa isn't showing his true power and can hit 11 or 13 balls at the same time.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually when you look at the end, Tokugawa and Echizen are rallying with 10 balls, and then Tokugawa adds an 11th one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

It.... bugged me when they are counting point when they are hitting more than 1 ball in the court when playing an actual match. I was like... wtf... Anyone else feel the same way?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we're all immune to silly things in PoT by this point.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Then Tokugawa can hit more than ten balls in the manga. Feels like Mifune trolled Echizen a bit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    It.... bugged me when they are counting point when they are hitting more than 1 ball in the court when playing an actual match. I was like... wtf... Anyone else feel the same way?
    No, I felt the same. The hitting ten balls at once-feat is the most ridiculous thing in the whole franchise, even more ridiculous than Tezuka extinguishing the dinosaurs and Nioh "swapping places" with his doubles partner.

New Reply
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast