Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA announced]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Just because I like Sanada does not mean the arguments for Yukimura are good ones. I'm just pointing out the fact they are bad.

So you're entire argument is based on the sweat on a single panel of Yukimura? I could reply with the page I posted, Sanada was not sweating at all. Also, your image is AFTER Sanada was getting Yip'd, so it doesn't apply.
    Actually, doesn't this prove my point more? After being Yip'ed, Sanada lightly tapped the ball for two or three shots to return the ball. Do you sweat when tapping a tennis ball? And because Sanada was Yip'ed Yukimura would have ended that current point very quickly, no? Also, Sanada is lightly tapping the ball while Yukimura is swinging hard, doesn't that mean that Yukimura should sweat more because he is doing more work?
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't take rocket science to know that when two players rally for a single point for a long time, they are on equal footing. But, people will always try to over-complicate it. Yukimura did not have any advantage either, until Yips. That last point does not qualify as an example to show how Yukimura had some kind of edge the whole time. There is not enough information to conclude "anything" about the status of Sanada's mental state at that moment. To make assumptions is to "add" to the story things that are not there. We do not know the amount of time in between Sanada's losing the black aura to Yukimura getting the last point, we don't know if Sanada was even conscious, we don't know if Sanada was still yip'd, we don't know anything. The only thing we know is Yukimura got 6 points on a yip'd Sanada, and 1 point "somehow." Like I said, to assume what that "somehow" is, would be to add what isn't there by assumption.
    Nothing suggests there was anything wrong with Sanada.
    He left the court fine. Why make a weak excuse for Sanada losing two points to Yukimura when he wasnt under the influence of Yips?
    They could not have been on equal footing if when there is no Yips or Black Aura that Sanada could not get a point.
    Doesnt take rocket science to work that out.

What? Tezuka and Chitose were equal until Tezuka got PoGW. It was an even match up until that point.
    NO coz Chitose totally predicted the whole point. Tezuka played into his hands.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

@Fayte

Actually we DO know Sanada wasnt Yipped. We saw him break out of it lol. Dont try so hard.
    Sanada was out of yips and couldnt get points of Yukimura. Its that simple.
    Nothing suggests he was being held back by anything.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Nothing suggests there was anything wrong with Sanada.
    He left the court fine. Why make a weak excuse for Sanada losing two points to Yukimura when he wasnt under the influence of Yips?
    It is your assumption that Sanada lost the mystery points to Yukimura AFTER Black Aura, when I have said that all but the last point took place BEFORE Black Aura. You not only can't prove me wrong on this, but the OVA confirmed my interpretation.

Quote Quote:
    They could not have been on equal footing if when there is no Yips or Black Aura that Sanada could not get a point.
    Yukimura getting a point does not mean they are not on equal footing lol. That would be absurd to say "the only time a character is equal to another is if they NEVER EVER SCORE A SINGLE POINT AGAINST EACH OTHER. Nobody says that.

Quote Quote:
    Actually we DO know Sanada wasnt Yipped. We saw him break out of it
    No, we saw him use Black Aura and thus not be effected by it "in that state." We have no idea if Sanada went back to being yipped when BA disappeared, if they continued to rally (Yukimura's last ground-stroke suggests they did), how long the rally lasted, etc. There is a LOT we don't know about the end of that match. The OVA depicts they had a final all out volley for the last point, in which Yukimura took.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It is your assumption that Sanada lost the mystery points to Yukimura AFTER Black Aura, when I have said that all but the last point took place BEFORE Black Aura. You not only can't prove me wrong on this, but the OVA confirmed my interpretation.
    The OVA isnt canon. Doesnt confirm shit.
    We see Sanada calmly turn around and walk back. Im pretty sure he was fine.

Yukimura getting a point does not mean they are not on equal footing lol. That would be absurd to say "the only time a character is equal to another is if they NEVER EVER SCORE A SINGLE POINT AGAINST EACH OTHER. Nobody says that.
    We went through this in your Black Aura thread.
    At 5-1, or 4-1, Black Aura was used. Re-read it or I will have to bring the link here.
    The score count follows the two until then, then Black Aura arrives. We dont see 6-1.

Yuki got both available points. Yukimura > Sanada when that match began. Completely different now but at that specific time Yukimura > Sanada.

No, we saw him use Black Aura and thus not be effected by it "in that state." We have no idea if Sanada went back to being yipped when BA disappeared, if they continued to rally (Yukimura's last ground-stroke suggests they did), how long the rally lasted, etc. There is a LOT we don't know about the end of that match. The OVA depicts they had a final all out volley for the last point, in which Yukimura took.
    The fact your using the OVA to judge disappoints me Fayte. After it let Sanada score with just Zan.
    The OVA is made for fans who dont really read the manga.

The anime and manga for SPoT are nearly two different stories.
    The diferences between them are insane.

Why on earth would you presume the opponent went back to Yips when we see Sanada calmly turn around and walk back????
    He was NOT on Yips lol.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; July 03, 2012 at 03:00 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post

The fact your using the OVA to judge disappoints me Fayte. The OVA is made for fans who dont really read the manga. The anime and manga for SPoT are nearly two different stories. The diferences between them are insane.
    Not all of the filler content is irrelevant to the canon. For example, I find nobody complaining or arguing that Sanada's eye patch in the manga was NOT the result of what was shown in the anime. I find no problems with believing that's what happened. The anime can fill in the gaps sometimes. In this instance, the gap I purposely looked for was if the score was 6-0 when Sanada used BA to make it 6-1, as opposed to your INTERPRETATION (remember, you can't be dogmatic about something that you're assuming), and that is how the OVA interpreted the manga. That has nothing to do with Yukimura losing points to Zan, because obviously that didn't happen in the match. Filling in the gaps of what was not "shown" in the manga is different.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Not all of the filler content is irrelevant to the canon. For example, I find nobody complaining or arguing that Sanada's eye patch in the manga was NOT the result of what was shown in the anime. I find no problems with believing that's what happened. The anime can fill in the gaps sometimes. In this instance, the gap I purposely looked for was if the score was 6-0 when Sanada used BA to make it 6-1, as opposed to your INTERPRETATION (remember, you can't be dogmatic about something that you're assuming), and that is how the OVA interpreted the manga. That has nothing to do with Yukimura losing points to Zan, because obviously that didn't happen in the match. Filling in the gaps of what was not "shown" in the manga is different.
    But the Anime changed scorelines aswell. So even THIS doesnt prove either of our theories I hope you realize.
    Kikumaru and Oishi was like 8-6 in the anime. Fuji VS Yuuta was like 7-2.
    The scoreline change that anime doesnt really prove much.

As for filling in, you make a good point, but look at the heavy rackets they used.
    I dont think thats how they trained, you really think Ryoma was physically the strongest guy there?? Stronger than Momoshiro, Kawamura, Sanada, Kabaji and Tanishi?
    LOL he cant be but he was lifting the racket better than everyone.
    The OVA is so non-canonic it cant even solve things like this.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

@Fayte you carefully select what to quote, what to do you have to say to Sanada calmly walking back to his baseline once he was out of Black Aura?

When Ryoma was fully yipped or Fuwa, they were either standing perfectly still or on the ground.
    Nothing suggests Sanada was yipped.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Featherwolf View Post
    Spoiler show
    Yep, Hara Tetsuya. Any information about SPOT second season?

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm keeping an eye out for it, but so far I haven't been able to find any info on a second season yet.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Is this an image of Taira Two Years Prior To The Storyline?
    Since he is in the same year as Yamato Yuudai.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it is Taira, but I don't know if it's 2 years prior to the storyline. I guess we'll see some flashbacks in the 3rd OVA when we get the Shiraishi vs Kenya match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the next OVA focuses on Shiraishi and Zaizen's match during the U-17 elminations and more than likely features flashbacks to the ex-Shitenhoji captain(s).

I swear, Shitenhoji gets so much love. Then again, they basically are Super Fudomine.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Now look at this!!

Spoiler show

19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Yeah, the next OVA focuses on Shiraishi and Zaizen's match during the U-17 elminations and more than likely features flashbacks to the ex-Shitenhoji captain(s).

I swear, Shitenhoji gets so much love. Then again, they basically are Super Fudomine.
    We wish lol. You mean Oshitari Kenya.

I honestly think the New PoT Anime guys are doing the anime for 100% Fan Service.
    Im now open to a Fuji + Tezuka OVA for when Tezuka goes TMnK and drubs Fuji, then we get a flashback of how they are best buds like we have got with Oishi/Kikumaru, Yukimura/Sanada, Shiraishi/Oshitari etc.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Now look at this!!

Spoiler show
    Thank the heavens!!!
    Maybe its Mouri VS Kenya, when Mouri wipes him 6-0. Hopefully the anime shows us why he was in the Top 10 or something.
    Maybe the Anime guys at New PoT will win me over again.

Ive honestly only enjoyed Atobe VS Irie, Ryoma VS Migihashi, OVA 1, and thats about it. The OVA's are looking great.
    Maybe this OVA will make me like Mouri as a character, already love Hara so I'll be glad to see more of him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

They look older in anime form, but still, they're doing this like a preview when the first stringers appear. I don't think they'll change them that much tough.

New Reply
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast