Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Oni vs Sanada

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oni Juujirou

9 90.00%
  • Sanada Gen'ichirou

1 10.00%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oni (Without Kishin or PoP) vs Sanada

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni (Without Kishin or PoP) vs Sanada

Well, I think this could be a good match right now. We knows that Sanada seem to around the same level or higher than #6 with his black aura. Putting in Kishin or PoP will obviously make this match scale 6-0, so let's leave that out.

How do you think Oni will fare? I don't know if he can return Black Aura. But then Sanada couldn't return 10 ball strike either as far as we know. Do 10 ball reaction time give him enough reaction time to handle black aura?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oni (Without Kishin or PoP) vs Sanada

I've seen no indication that Sanada tries to make impossible shots with black aura, like say hit a ball straight down the middle and then make a 90 degree turn as soon as it crosses the net. So as long as he doesn't do that, the black aura is just an equivalent of a hard to hit 2-ball, and Oni can hit 10-ball easy. X-ball by definition is faster reaction time than an equivalent number of X-turns from black aura because X-ball can hit that many balls at the exact same time, while each turn from the black aura is sequential so it'd give the opponent more time to prepare for it versus the X-ball which hits all X spots at the same time.

Now it's an open question why doesn't Sanada just do an impossible shot with black aura in the first place.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he can't swing the racket fast enough to do something like what you described?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    Maybe he can't swing the racket fast enough to do something like what you described?
    Possibly, and in that case black aura will be quite useless against 10-ball that can easily cover the entire baseline axis.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree. I can only see it being problematic for Oni if Sanada launches the ball into the sky again, not sure if 10BS would cover that too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, those argument all make senses. I wonder if Sanada vs Ohmagari thread would have been a closer match.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member iceemperor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oni is shown to be on par with byoudoin even without PoP or Kishin. He destroyed a 3rd court player without any of those even though takei's skills can be called into question. He also destroyed kaji without either of those. Sanada has just begun using black aura. I think Oni can easily return the clutch and fuurinkainzanrai.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Byoudouin got a lot stronger since their first encounter, and Oni did need Kijin at the end of that match or he would've lost. I think it's also very likely that Oni used Kijin against Kaji.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member iceemperor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Even so Oni does not need either to beat sanada. It's just worlds apart. We have ohmagari stomping both him and akutsu even if they both weren't exactly playing like a doubles pair. Oni is above ohmagari and could just as easily stomp them both. At this point Sanada is outclassed by oni though after the World Cup this might not be the case.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Oni without Kijin as good as Tanegashima (you know, they never lost/won against each other) who destroyed BA! Sanada?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Wasn't Oni without Kijin as good as Tanegashima (you know, they never lost/won against each other) who destroyed BA! Sanada?
    I used to think this too, but I've changed my mind recently. Primarily because I feel we might be thinking too much into it by applying limiters to Oni when the conversation he had and Tanegashima had was pretty much a blanket statement, but also because what's the next step down from Kijin!Oni? 10BS!Oni - Kintarou played evenly with this guy (and Kaji may have been better) and I do not see Kintarou anywhere near Tanegashima.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno man. I like Tanegashima but you really think he wouldn't lose against Kijin! Oni? I mean Kintarou being better than pre-Kijin Oni kinda screws this completely, but Tanegashima being as good as people that use interdimensional powers* isn't that much better either.

*I still don't consider the GS one of them >_>

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't say that I particularly like the idea of it, but after reevaluating the information we have I think it's more likely than not. And he is the No. 2, so it's not completely unbelievable.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

True, but what would you say if it was Duke the one that was on par with Kijin Oni? He's the no. 3 after all.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know? So far, nothing has implied that he is, so there's no reason to assume it. However, even if it was, we'd have to accept it. That said, at the moment I'd see Duke closer to this Oni/Tanegashima group than the Kaji/Ohmagari group.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast