Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [OVA vs Genius 10 Ep. 1]

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 1]

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    A week wait is going to kill me>< although it's A LOT better than a month wait.

EDIT: Oni say he's the word court? Hmm, does this make it different than the manga on that part?
    Yep, that is different from the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Kaoz; January 05, 2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Add spoiler tags...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Yep, that is different from the manga.
    What's the "word court?"

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well in the manga, Oni simply says

5-ban, Oni
    Which means No. 5, Oni. or 5th, Oni

In the Anime he actually says 5th Court, Oni rather than just 5th.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Well in the manga, Oni simply says

5-ban, Oni
    Which means No. 5, Oni. or 5th, Oni

In the Anime he actually says 5th Court, Oni rather than just 5th.
    Hm, but it's a minor change, because it was revealed that Oni was in the 5th court and Irie was in the 3rd court when they were first introduced in the manga through their brief-info boxes.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; January 05, 2012 at 05:28 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Oni is in the 5th court. But the new spoilers show something different as well.

Spoiler show
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member allendsup23's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched New POT episode 1 and I loved it. Animation and art work is top notch. Cant wait for more episodes.

They could have started the Anime with the episodes which they made into OVAs earlier and then move onto New POT. That would have given them lot of time.

And us as Anime lovers, we could have watched the series chapters which we missed. I dont like OVAs.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Kaoz; January 06, 2012 at 04:39 AM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I was surprised at how fast the subbed versions were released. I was pleased with it. There were little changes but they were tolerable.

The animation was impressive. Sadly though, the OP and ED songs were just lame. I can't believe that with how notorious PoT franchise is for its massive repertoire of songs they put something that's just mediocre for the opening of it's comeback.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

OP sounds like opera lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MochiRoll's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounded so outdated. You know how OP songs from old anime sounds, that's how it is. It didn't had the spirit of Future (first OP of the anime) and Flower (first OP of the OVAs) which imo both succeeded in giving off the theme of the show.

By the way, somebody in YT uploaded the it which i'm so sure will be deleted asap because of copyright things, well, its still easier to watch something on YT so here it is...
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by MochiRoll; January 06, 2012 at 05:07 AM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uploading anything to YT is hell..my account was in great standing...until they got me for (ironically) uploading some 30 second PoT clips i put up for fun :V and now im scared to put up anything with music etc.

Anyway on topic, im not fond of them either...as for the speed of subs? Well..things have changed since the old days, subbing groups are on top of everything and simulcasting via funi or crunchy roll means subs are even quicker, essentially I'm saying the groups have really stepped it up.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate the ending...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuca View Post
    It sounded so outdated. You know how OP songs from old anime sounds, that's how it is. It didn't had the spirit of Future (first OP of the anime) and Flower (first OP of the OVAs) which imo both succeeded in giving off the theme of the show.

By the way, somebody in YT uploaded the it which i'm so sure will be deleted asap because of copyright things, well, its still easier to watch something on YT so here it is...
    Spoiler show
    Ive finally seen it. Thanks for this. Originally, Tokugawa was meant to frighten Kirihara, and the 3 best 2nd Stringer HSers were meant to appear from behind the middle schoolers and walk their way through them with Oni barging Akutsu, but at least they had an argument.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Its best not to nitpick about all the changes..it'll end in a headache and tbh the changes made sense:

-Sure it was Kirihara...but from the get shuffle matches on the manga has been implying that echizens rival is tokugawa, he's basically an older ryoma with a blue tint instead of a green tint in his hair. They're just establishing this rivalry early on..like they tried doing in the anime with echizen and sanads unofficial match.

-As for the other change....it has pretty much the same effect, the 3 mini bosses make an imposing entrance lol.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

New Reply
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast