Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA on October 29]

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 3]

Wow really disappointing episode imo. Seriously i'm really sick of the Golden Pair Ho yay shoved down our throats everytime they play a damn match as of late. And those damn talks in the sunset Ugh next week should be better....the other (more interesting) matches got no screen time or followed the manga to a T while the GP "drama" got played up. The five balls thing was funny, wasn't expecting 5 different service swings/returns lol.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 2]

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Bit of a shame lol.
    So they guys that claim anime isnt canon are now using it as canon...
    I still wouldn't consider the anime to be canon by any means. But with no other information even close to being avilable or reliable, this is the closest to canon that we can use when talking about stats. At the very least, there is a chance the studio went to Konomi to have him make up some quick stats. Hopefully, when 10.5 comes out we'll have a list of canon stats.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

They could have skipped faster all the GP shit and show Ryoma and Kintaro vs Oni and Tokugawa, and the next matches take place after Sanada vs Yukimura in the manga, they messed up a bit.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Crasher's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuca View Post
    I just saw something in crunchyroll

Detailed Information
    Spoiler show

I wonder how accurate this is, though. But, only 13 episodes? Is this the reason why the pacing seems so fast? I mean, the first episode already took 3 chapters...That would be disappointing, if true.
    I reckon that is the 1st Season...

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dressrosa's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I reckon that is the 1st Season...
    It could. I was thinking it was a bit short for one season but considering the manga chapters available now, its just fine.

So anyway, the most interesting part of this ep was how the five ball thing was animated...lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

isnt that sad lol? But yeah it was pretty cool...10 is gonna look silly though lol.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol I really liked that short moment with Yagyuu, Niou and Shishido. That was cute and funny. Poor Yagyuu xD

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Pupina!
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Pupina!
    That's kinda lame.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the fillers. It's not much, but there aren't much in those matches to begin with.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LJkAze's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Seriously when they first announce the anime adaption I was worried how they would do these part in the anime; some part are short and some part are long. I really liking the pace and how well they are doing it and the order of each match has change also. Hopefully we get a whole episode just Yukimura and Sanada would be really great. Also I would like them to add filler for Fuji vs Yutta, Kawamura vs Aktsu; also I want to see Akaya vs Renji first then Yukimura vs Sanada last.
    Last edited by LJkAze; January 19, 2012 at 02:53 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

-TEZUUUKAAAAAAAAAAAA,YOU BASTARRRDDDD- i'm waiting for that xD

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TezukaKunimitsu View Post
    -TEZUUUKAAAAAAAAAAAA,YOU BASTARRRDDDD- i'm waiting for that xD
    ^Kaidou mouthed "Bastard" on the face of Saitou so let see how that would happen...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I like the fillers. It's not much, but there aren't much in those matches to begin with.
    My complaint wasn't the fillers. And they didnt do fillers for the interesting matches. They kept those just like the manga,the annoying part was taking the GP match, making it take up the majority of the episode, and playing up the same drama they have EVERY match they play (D: oishi we wont be able to pway doubles anymore...lets have flashbacks about us talking about playing doubles under the sunset). It could be that i just find the GP boring as hell these days, but i prefered the original match in the manga, eiji owning oishi, not getting hesitent till match point, and oishi talking some sense into him and giving him his racket before he goes.

Ryoma and Kin playing actual doubles to own the HSers was cool. Hopefully atobes match next week makes up for it.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    i prefered the original match in the manga, eiji owning oishi, not getting hesitent till match point, and oishi talking some sense into him and giving him his racket before he goes.
    Same here.

The problem with this episode was that it lacks intensity. The tension I felt reading those matches in the manga were completely lost in the anime. The GP and Ootori and Shishido's match were cheesy and Niou vs Yagyuu was just...lame. I was most disappointed about that one, I must say.

New Reply
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast