Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 856

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [OVA vs Genius 10 Ep. 1]

  1. #421
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,255
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by sisco View Post
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show


    Spoiler: Thoughts show

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #422
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    I don't know why there is complaining about this. The anime never followed the manga completely, so it is to be expected.

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #423
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Discussion thread
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Atobe the king; June 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #424
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Quote:
    we're discussing what we didn't like...which happens to be making Sanada look like he's on even footing, even for 3 points.
    Everyone already saw this so we don't need spoiler tags.

    Sanada WAS on even footing even in canon. They were still volleying for the first point when other matches were finishing. Obviously Yukimura didn't lose any points against FuuRinKaInZanRai like in the OVA, but Sanada didn't either until Yips.

    Why does everyone forget this page?
    Last edited by Fayte; June 30, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #425
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Eh, personally I don't really like the emperor sanada "tezuka x atobe x ryoma" or the kaminoko yukimura sayychee.

    Fuji dropped a game to Yuta? Well, shit, shout-outs to him for that. Even though the W-Twist Spin Shot isn't that great that Fuji couldn't have used a basic Counter to shit on it.

    Also, I like how this OVA implies that the Black Aura is a reverse PoP like a lot of us thought. Instead of realizing the fun of playing tennis, Sanada's 'loss of sense' plunged him into a nightmare.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; June 30, 2012 at 04:16 PM.

  10. #426
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,760
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Eh, personally I don't really like the emperor sanada "tezuka x atobe x ryoma" or the kaminoko yukimura sayychee.

    Fuji dropped a game to Yuta? Well, shit, shout-outs to him for that. Even though the W-Twist Spin Shot isn't that great that Fuji couldn't have used a basic Counter to shit on it.

    Also, I like how this OVA implies that the Black Aura is a reverse PoP like a lot of us thought. Instead of realizing the fun of playing tennis, Sanada's 'loss of sense' plunged him into a nightmare.
    Not a game, just 2 points...

    I agree with Fayte, the anime was always different to the manga, just watch it and enjoy it like a different story, forget about the manga.

  11. #427
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Well I liked the episode... better than the others we've seen so far in Shin. I have one question about the Fuji brothers match though. When Shusuke used Hecatoncheires no Monban, if Yuuta had used Twist Spin/W-Spin Shot, would the spin have be enough to return the counter? Not that the final outcome would be any different, just curious.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #428
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Svendborg
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Oh this is interesting. Looked at the RAWS from the new chapters, and at the colored pictures of some art book stuff, etc. Seems like we're going to see some of Taira Yoshiyuki in the next OVA with Shiraishi and Kenya. One of the Shitenhouji OB's.

    --> http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/it...94a5c226ef.jpg

  14. #429
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Everyone already saw this so we don't need spoiler tags.

    Sanada WAS on even footing even in canon. They were still volleying for the first point when other matches were finishing. Obviously Yukimura didn't lose any points against FuuRinKaInZanRai like in the OVA, but Sanada didn't either until Yips.
    Are you serious??
    At no point did it look like Sanada was going to win.
    Even without being Yipped, after Sanada used BA, Yukimura took points quickly to end the tie-break.
    So HOW could they have been on equal footing?

    Rallying for one point for a long time does not always mean equal footing. Tezuka VS Chitose is an example and we know they are not equal.
    Nobody forgot that page.

    People forget this page where Base Sanada lost points instantly against Base Yukimura without Yips involved.
    Spoiler show

    It makes no sense to say they are equal. Without Yips and Black aura Yuki wins.

  15. #430
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Are you serious??
    At no point did it look like Sanada was going to win.
    Even without being Yipped, after Sanada used BA, Yukimura took points quickly to end the tie-break.
    So HOW could they have been on equal footing?
    It doesn't take rocket science to know that when two players rally for a single point for a long time, they are on equal footing. But, people will always try to over-complicate it. Yukimura did not have any advantage either, until Yips. That last point does not qualify as an example to show how Yukimura had some kind of edge the whole time. There is not enough information to conclude "anything" about the status of Sanada's mental state at that moment. To make assumptions is to "add" to the story things that are not there. We do not know the amount of time in between Sanada's losing the black aura to Yukimura getting the last point, we don't know if Sanada was even conscious, we don't know if Sanada was still yip'd, we don't know anything. The only thing we know is Yukimura got 6 points on a yip'd Sanada, and 1 point "somehow." Like I said, to assume what that "somehow" is, would be to add what isn't there by assumption.

    Quote Quote:
    Rallying for one point for a long time does not always mean equal footing. Tezuka VS Chitose is an example and we know they are not equal.
    Nobody forgot that page.
    What? Tezuka and Chitose were equal until Tezuka got PoGW. It was an even match up until that point.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #431
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Well according to what's on the screen it does seem like Yukimura and Sanada were pretty much equal until the Yips popped in. Also, don't forget that anime is non-canonical.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  18. #432
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Well according to what's on the screen it does seem like Yukimura and Sanada were pretty much equal until the Yips popped in. Also, don't forget that anime is non-canonical.
    We are referring to the manga.

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #433
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    It doesn't take rocket science to know that when two players rally for a single point for a long time, they are on equal footing. But, people will always try to over-complicate it. Yukimura did not have any advantage either, until Yips. That last point does not qualify as an example to show how Yukimura had some kind of edge the whole time. There is not enough information to conclude "anything" about the status of Sanada's mental state at that moment. To make assumptions is to "add" to the story things that are not there. We do not know the amount of time in between Sanada's losing the black aura to Yukimura getting the last point, we don't know if Sanada was even conscious, we don't know if Sanada was still yip'd, we don't know anything. The only thing we know is Yukimura got 6 points on a yip'd Sanada, and 1 point "somehow." Like I said, to assume what that "somehow" is, would be to add what isn't there by assumption.

    What? Tezuka and Chitose were equal until Tezuka got PoGW. It was an even match up until that point.
    It's all about Sanada to you, isn't it? Yukimura was easily hitting the ball back to Sanada in that first point, no matter what technique Sanada used, it would be returned. So equal... so far. Here, Sanada is drenched in sweat and Yukimura is barely sweating at all. So it seems to me that Sanada had to use a lot of energy just to keep up with Yukimura. So it seems base Yukimura is better than base Sanada.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  21. #434
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Svendborg
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Oh this is interesting too! Seems like the japanese bandai site got info for the DVD going to be released in October. Containing SPoT episode 6+7 and OVA 4. The OVA description sounds interesting!

    --> http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/we...m_no=BCBA-4359

    Spoiler show

  22. #435
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Quote:
    It's all about Sanada to you, isn't it? Yukimura was easily hitting the ball back to Sanada in that first point, no matter what technique Sanada used, it would be returned. So equal... so far.
    Just because I like Sanada does not mean the arguments for Yukimura are good ones. I'm just pointing out the fact they are bad.

    Quote Quote:
    Here, Sanada is drenched in sweat and Yukimura is barely sweating at all. So it seems to me that Sanada had to use a lot of energy just to keep up with Yukimura. So it seems base Yukimura is better than base Sanada.
    So you're entire argument is based on the sweat on a single panel of Yukimura? I could reply with the page I posted, Sanada was not sweating at all. Also, your image is AFTER Sanada was getting Yip'd, so it doesn't apply.

New Reply
Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts