Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [OVA vs Genius 10 Ep. 1]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

Quote Originally Posted by Featherwolf View Post
    I really hope that at the end at the last OVA, we'll get like a sneak peek or trailer kinda thing for a new SPoT season.
    Probably, after that OVA a preview comes, I'm really waiting to see the first string matches, as probably the anime will expand the matches way more than the manga.

And again, Shiraishi's Entaku Shot wasn't animated, and Krauser just did one Southern Cross and fell, they really change things

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Probably, after that OVA a preview comes, I'm really waiting to see the first string matches, as probably the anime will expand the matches way more than the manga.

And again, Shiraishi's Entaku Shot wasn't animated, and Krauser just did one Southern Cross and fell, they really change things
    This is simply awful news.
    I think this underlines my point that this anime company is just AWFUL.

They gave a whole episode to the GP tie-break, but they cut major elements out of the few full matches we got?
    Tezuka VS Yamato was missing a rally or two, Atobe VS Irie, Krauser VS Nakagauchi, Shiraishi/Kirihara VS Miyako/Matsu all missing things.

I can only hope the Company that did the Nationals gets drafted in for contract to do the rest of the series.

Can't bare to imagine how they will ruin Atobe/Niou VS Ochi/Mouri into just still frames of Atobe's face struggling.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

OVA was average at best. Of course it's nice to see some of the stuff animated, but the overall product is just disappointing compared to what it could have been. Although the next one should be pretty decent given that it has nothing to do with tennis.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of Sanada throwing Pillows. Pillow with Rai sounds beastly.

Now hoping for Samurai Drive with Pillows.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooohhh so they can remove content from the manga when it comes to the few full matches that we got,
    But when it comes to unrelated things like Prince of Table Tennis and Prince of Pillowfighting they are suddenly able to go all out and throw in tons of content.
    Screw these guys man.

But yeah, Sanada hurling a pillow does make me think Prince of Pillowfighting will be a decent of OVA.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I really dislike the "new looks" this company gave to the characters.

I mean, Kirihara went from this

to this

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not just the design, it's also quality. I prefer better quality Kirihara of course

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the artwork in the anime is like something out of a Shoujo anime.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this image is very shoujo. The artists have just improved their skills from the old anime. Better quality. I do prefer the better quality image, art and coloring of the new anime over the old one. Though I can't deny that they might have improved some charas to have a more appealing look.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I like SPoT anime art better than PoT art. It have better details. The actual story, though, is chopped up so much that it's horrible. And there's the racquet motion repeating. And rainbow shot. God.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I like SPoT anime art better than PoT art. It have better details. The actual story, though, is chopped up so much that it's horrible. And there's the racquet motion repeating. And rainbow shot. God.
    I think Nationals anime artwork is superior to both.

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I think Nationals anime artwork is superior to both.
    Yeah, the National art is good. I've only seen Atobe vs Echizen, though.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

WHHAATTT?????
    WATCH THE NATIONALS OVA.
    Its what I watched before reading the manga. I found it amazing.
    Watch this trailer:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5e...s#.US-kWKJFBWU

It uses the two best OST's in the entire series.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Infact... that trailer is blurry...
    I'll bring up some photo comparisons later though.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I personally preferred the Nationals lol. Thought it was just amazing. I wouldn't have loved this series so much had I not watched it.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; March 01, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Watch the Nationals' OVAs, they are awesome (they compensated how much the anime guys screwed up in the Kanto Finals).

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I personally preferred the Nationals lol. Thought it was just amazing. I wouldn't have loved this series so much had I not watched it.
    In my case, I registered here without reading the manga (just watching the anime and the Nationals OVAs)... That's probably the reason I really like the forgotten bros (and the Junior Selection arc... TANGO PAIR AND COOL KIRIHARA IN S1 )

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    In my case, I registered here without reading the manga (just watching the anime and the Nationals OVAs)... That's probably the reason I really like the forgotten bros (and the Junior Selection arc... TANGO PAIR AND COOL KIRIHARA IN S1 )
    Same here. I'd watched only the anime first.

New Reply
Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast