Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 744

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA on October 29]

  1. #616
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ceará
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    I Only watched SPoT anime and some OVAs from first part. I will watch the nationals OVA soon.
    But that wasn't what got me hooked on PoT.
    What caught my attention was... TENIMYU. That made me read the manga.

    I tried to watch the very first season of PoT, but i didn't like it and dropped it.
    Kikumaru's voice was a big turn off, but i watched till it was changed. Still didn't work.

    Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

  2. #617
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    I Only watched SPoT anime and some OVAs from first part. I will watch the nationals OVA soon.
    But that wasn't what got me hooked on PoT.
    What caught my attention was... TENIMYU. That made me read the manga.

    I tried to watch the very first season of PoT, but i didn't like it and dropped it.
    Kikumaru's voice was a big turn off, but i watched till it was changed. Still didn't work.
    Kikumaru's latin voice (which doesn't sound really cool at all ) was what made me watch this actually. There was an add in Animax (an anime exclusive channel that used to be here) about ¨Prince of tennis: Australian Formation. Different form, same result¨ and I was like ¨ok... looks cool... and listen to this guy's voice wtf¨. I googled some stuff and watched that this guy was born the same day and year as I... after reading some things about the series, I started watching it on my PC (cause I didn't have Anymax u.u) and completely loved ithe series; then I watched the OVAs, looked for some tiers and well, that's how I'm here now lol
    Last edited by Hardy; February 28, 2013 at 07:59 PM.

  3. #618
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Denmark
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    I started out with watching the first series online, and then bought the DVD Box set with all 172 or whatever episodes. Then followed by the Nationals OVA, and then I turned to the manga. I got a few numbers of the manga in german. Denmark got a horrible choice of manga, so I would usually order mine from Germany. Then read most of it online.

    Tenimyu is the one part of the PoT world that never really caught onto me =/ Watched like.. 1-2 of them, and it wasn't my thing.

  4. #619
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Featherwolf View Post
    I started out with watching the first series online, and then bought the DVD Box set with all 172 or whatever episodes.
    I'd love to have one of those. Damn Argentina. Could you share pics of it some day?

    AND I would love to have the original Japanese PS2 games too(cause pirating is cool and everything, but when you really enjoy something you feel like you owe a lot to the person who made it).

  5. #620
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    I got into the anime years ago with some buddies of mine on Ventrilo because it was about tennis. Us nerds would watch each episode at the same time, then talk about it. One of our friends already watched the whole anime, so when I started, he was telling us stuff as we went along. The one thing I remember is watching the Tezuka vs Atobe match with them, and then Rikkaidai came to watch. I remember the guy specifically saying "The guy in the hat is Sanada. He is a beast." From then on, Sanada became the peak of my interest, and eventually became my favorite. I watched every episode of the anime, then I read every chapter of the manga (and thus saw how stupid the anime was in comparison), and then the Nationals OVAs were coming out so I watched those. That is the story of how Fayte ended up high on PoT.

  6. #621
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I got into the anime years ago with some buddies of mine on Ventrilo because it was about tennis. Us nerds would watch each episode at the same time, then talk about it. One of our friends already watched the whole anime, so when I started, he was telling us stuff as we went along. The one thing I remember is watching the Tezuka vs Atobe match with them, and then Rikkaidai came to watch. I remember the guy specifically saying "The guy in the hat is Sanada. He is a beast." From then on, Sanada became the peak of my interest, and eventually became my favorite. I watched every episode of the anime, then I read every chapter of the manga (and thus saw how stupid the anime was in comparison), and then the Nationals OVAs were coming out so I watched those. That is the story of how Fayte ended up high on PoT.
    Ah, I was wondering, but I can't find any search on google. Is there any chance Echizen vs Sanada is animated exactly as it was in the manga? It was one of the series best match, ever.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  7. #622
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    I thought Sanada didn't even have his moves show up in the manga when they had Sanada versus Ryoma in the anime, so it's literally impossible for the game to match.

    I remember seeing a POT game that has Yukimura as a playable character long before he played any game, and his moves are nothing like the manga. In fact they're actually pretty weak.

  8. #623
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Ah, I was wondering, but I can't find any search on google. Is there any chance Echizen vs Sanada is animated exactly as it was in the manga? It was one of the series best match, ever.
    Not at all, IIRC there's no Muga in PoT anime.

    And as Phantrom said, Sanada didn't have his techs (although I think he had some rip offs of his manga version, with different names).

  9. #624
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Not at all, IIRC there's no Muga in PoT anime.

    And as Phantrom said, Sanada didn't have his techs (although I think he had some rip offs of his manga version, with different names).
    Pretty sure at the time Sanada played Ryoma in the Anime, Sanada has yet to play a game in the manga so there's no way for his moves to even be ripoffs. That said I think it wasn't hard for the Anime guys to speculate that Sanada's move ought to have something to do with being a samurai and that coincides with Fu, which is based on a sword technique.

  10. #625
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Pretty sure at the time Sanada played Ryoma in the Anime, Sanada has yet to play a game in the manga so there's no way for his moves to even be ripoffs. That said I think it wasn't hard for the Anime guys to speculate that Sanada's move ought to have something to do with being a samurai and that coincides with Fu, which is based on a sword technique.
    It was actually, it was a super fast stroke like Fu (invisible swing or something like that) and I think he had another move.

  11. #626
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    To answer all of your Sanada questions:

    Sanada in the anime does not have the FuuRinKaZan. Instead, they gave him some technique called the "invisible swing" which is basically Fuu by definition. So, simply put, Anime Sanada only has Fuu. Echizen and Sanada have an unofficial match prior to the official one, in which Echizen gets 6-0'd and sent home suicidal. This moment was probably the greatest height in the series. After arbitrary training, a face wash, cyclone smash, and emotional healing, Echizen fights Sanada one last time. Echizen uses muga without the aura and starts copying the playstyles of other people to overwhelm and eventually beat Sanada 7-5. The manner in which Echizen beats Sanada in the anime is identical to the manner in which Echizen beats Kirihara in the manga. Why? I have no idea.

    As for the manga not being caught up at this point, I disagree. The manga is always ahead of the anime.

    Phantron, the game you're thinking of is "Form The Strongest Team."

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #627
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    895
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    As for the manga not being caught up at this point, I disagree. The manga is always ahead of the anime.
    No, the anime had actually caught up during the Kantou finals. That's why there were so many differences, and why the anime then went off did a bunch of filler for the rest of the original run.

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #628
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    I think Ryoma didn't even score a point in the first match against Sanada. I don't pay attention to the Anime but I remember seeing posts of people celebrating Ryoma getting crushed without scoring a point.

  16. #629
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    @Ken
    Here are some proper comparisons as to why Nationals OVA > New PoT for me personally, and that New PoT is too girly.

    New PoT:
    Spoiler show


    Nationals OVA:
    Spoiler show


    Granted Yukimura is one of the two feminine looking stars along with Fuji, I think this photo is just too much lol.

    ---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

    WoI in New Anime:
    Spoiler show


    Nationals OVA:
    Spoiler show


    New PoT:
    Spoiler show


    Nationals OVA:
    Spoiler show

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #630
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Friss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 13]

    Well are you using screens from 1080p? Because I have from like Episodes 4-13 in 1080p and I can say it looks way sharper than the OVA's etc. Sure the artstyle has changed a little bit but its still the case of newer is more than likely going to look sharper and better.

New Reply
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts