Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [OVA vs Genius 10 Ep. 1]

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA announced]

Hmm... So the Revolution and Genius 10 Challenge is going to be told through an OVA series?
    Considering the Genius 10 Challenge is far from over, they'll probably stall things and throw filler in it.
    Also, is it just a new one-time OVA?
    There are so many questions regarding an "OVA" in PoT. It could be in the Another Story OVA format of just four episodes.
    Or in the Nationals set up of like 4 sets of DVDs with 26eps in total.

Could you imagine if the anime guys don't screw everything the f*ck up this time just how amazing this could all be animated?
    Can't wait to see Date, Hakamada, Tooyama, Mutsu bros and Taira/Hara animated in action.
    Hopefully they focus on tennis like the old series did.

And not on still panels of the characters faces, and just focus on the two players talking throughout the match.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Still Panels is a PoT tradition, when i was rewatching the original series not too long ago i was laughing at how often it happened.

As for OVAs, hoping for something Akin to the nationals OVAs...pinnacle of the anime imo.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

3. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, something is better than nothing, but I'd rather have an actual anime, not OVAs, although if this means that it'll be well done and we won't get tons of filler, I'll be happier.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sisco's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm happy to hear this news. sucks that its in ova form and you have to wait forever for an episode...HOWEVER. i'd much rather wait forever for an episode that has great quality and nothing cut out unlike the anime series of SPOT where it was reused animations left and right, overall quality and pacing was just horrid and the worst lets not forget, matches that were cut only to appear almost a year later for dvds. -__-

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Tenipuri Festa 2013

Seyiuus posing with empty arena.

The crowed

From Hiroki Aiba's blog (Irie's seyiu)

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    As for OVAs, hoping for something Akin to the nationals OVAs...pinnacle of the anime imo.
    Couldn't agree more.
    The Hyotei rematch and Rikkai rematch arcs are sensational.

Unfortunately PoT haven't changed studios to my knowledge so that's probably out of the window
    We're gonna have to settle for matches that focus on the conversation in matches and show far LESS action than the manga story.

Was I the only one who noticed rallies were cut in the NPoT anime?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LJkAze's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Still Panels is a PoT tradition, when i was rewatching the original series not too long ago i was laughing at how often it happened.

Firstly I Haven't been on this board in a long time how is everyone doing ^_^

Anyways back on topic yea lets hope the continuation of the series is like the OVAs of the Nationals in the first season; They should of done with the first 13 episode.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, seriously. Where can I find the New Prince of Tennis OVAs? I want to see the Akaya/ Shiraishi match!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Featherwolf's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb3icf4954o

Here is a PV for the new SPoT OVA that'll come next year. Most of the stuff is reused scenes, but there are new anime shots of 1st stringers.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Fangasm*

Jesus they really know how to make trailers, that song in 0:36 alone just made it way better lmao

Judging the images in the trailer
    Spoiler show
    the OVAs might get pretty far in the manga (like, where we are currently ...and beyond!).

I like how Atobe and Ryoma are the main characters even in the trailer, lol.
    Last edited by Kaoz; December 24, 2013 at 04:19 AM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    Judging the images in the trailer (as apparently Sanada's and Kite's matches are going to be made) the OVAs might get pretty far in the manga (like, where we are currently ...and beyond!).
    Well, the first season got to about chapter 50, so if they cover about as many again in the OVA(s), we'd get to the end of
    Spoiler show

Unfortunately that makes me fear they're gonna rush it again. >_>

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA announced]

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    I like how Atobe and Ryoma are the main characters even in the trailer, lol.
    It make anyone think that Fuji wasn't the guy who came 1st in the last popularity poll...

Has it ever been more embarassing that a studio who only releases a measly 13 eps are so lazy they use the EXACT same panels and frames for everything hahaha

Like... They've just changed the colors of the same old scenes we've already seen.

Here's Hara Tetsuya,
    Spoiler show

Then there's Tanegashima Shuuji,
    Spoiler show

I feel that SPoT is such a top series they could effortlessly afford to go all out with this and treat it like how they treated the Nationals OVA's and give a big amount of focus to the actual tennis too. As oppose to the close-ups of the all the characters just pouting.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Korean Kuroko's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    It make anyone think that Fuji wasn't the guy who came 1st in the last popularity poll...

Has it ever been more embarassing that a studio who only releases a measly 13 eps are so lazy they use the EXACT same panels and frames for everything hahaha

Like... They've just changed the colors of the same old scenes we've already seen.

Here's Hara Tetsuya,
    Spoiler show

Then there's Tanegashima Shuuji,
    Spoiler show

I feel that SPoT is such a top series they could effortlessly afford to go all out with this and treat it like how they treated the Nationals OVA's and give a big amount of focus to the actual tennis too. As oppose to the close-ups of the all the characters just pouting.
    Oh wow....that's just...that's just lazy,you guys.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree it's pretty lulz, but It's just a trailer lol I wouldn't worry /that/ much. You wanna talk about reused stuff....gundam seed stock footage is infamous. Anyone remember the nationals finals Trailer Rai had no visual effects on it etc.

Quote Quote:
    Has it ever been more embarrassing that a studio who only releases a measly 13 eps are so lazy they use the EXACT same panels and frames for everything hahaha
    I don't think it's as dramatic as all this . Other studios do the same,13 episodes isn't really measly anymore it's standard, though i was hoping PoT would have been a Two Cour Anime.

Quote Quote:
    Is it? It's apparently not even top 30 in sales this year. One Piece and Shingeki are the kings :/ Kuroku No Basket, was 3rd. There's plenty of close up pouting in the nationals OVA, that's PoT Tradition lol. Nationals also reuse a good amount of stock animation.

That aside, wonder who's going to voice Bjorn Borg Byoudoin, I've been jokingly imagining him as Norio Wakamoto in my mind.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA announced]

I agree it's pretty lulz, but It's just a trailer lol I wouldn't worry /that/ much. You wanna talk about reused stuff....gundam seed stock footage is infamous. Anyone remember the nationals finals Trailer Rai had no visual effects on it etc.
    Not in the Gundam short OVA series from memory. I'm pretty sure any of their 2013 stuff was as bad as this.

I don't think it's as dramatic as all this . Other studios do the same,13 episodes isn't really measly anymore it's standard, though i was hoping PoT would have been a Two Cour Anime.
    I agree 13 eps isn't measly, I just meant its a measly effort from them to just use the exact same Hara Tetsuya frame and Tanegashima Shuuji frame from what they used back in the first half of NPoT only to use it in the 2nd half and just change the color scheme of their clothes like I pointed out.

Could you please point out where they did something as bad as this at Nationals? Since I know the Nationals OVAs inside-out, the re-used scenes were never as bad as being the exact same that they appeared later in the series and were so obviously the same that you could easily see all they did is change the color of the character's clothes.
    I think that's dramatic enough.

Is it? It's apparently not even top 30 in sales this year. One Piece and Shingeki are the kings :/ Kuroku No Basket, was 3rd.
    There's plenty of close up pouting in the nationals OVA, that's PoT Tradition lol. Nationals also reuse a good amount of stock animation.
    I'm obviously talking about the entire franchise as a whole.
    In terms of popularity it enjoyed a big stint near the top so for them to get a proper anime similar to the Nationals OVA shouldn't be hard on their budget when I look at other OVA's that have come out when the NPoT anime came out, it was just a disappointment and this is comparing it to at least 5-6 that came out at a similar time.

You've missed the point, re-using stock animation isn't always the same. Re-used Nationals scenes always only happened in the same episode.I don't remember seeing the exact same scene appearing constantly throughout the series, then even into the next season. From the Nationals OVA that is, unless you can prove me wrong.

As for pouting, Nationals OVAs had loads of that but at least they had loads of actual tennis.
    I'm glad you're challenging it but you've got to really have a stronger argument for it if you really want to make it seem as Nationals OVA and NPoT are even close in overall quality.

New Reply
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast