Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [New OVA on October 29]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Anime Discussion Thread [Latest Episode: Episode 11]

EPICSODE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Atobe Kingdom was perfectly animated, altough I would have made the match with two episodes to keep suspense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode is AWESOME. Best SPoT episode to date.

Although next episode look like 100% filler material... Really? You cut out some awesome match for this?
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    This episode is AWESOME. Best SPoT episode to date.

Although next episode look like 100% filler material... Really? You cut out some awesome match for this?
    Best episode so far. Next episode will explain us how Sanada hurt his eye and how they improve so much.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After the OVAs stuffing matches into one ep i got used to it....and sorry Kaoz...i forgot to post the link lmao
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    After the OVAs stuffing matches into one ep i got used to it....and sorry Kaoz...i forgot to post the link lmao
    The Nationals OVA's handled things far better than NPoT. They did a pretty good job. Nationals OVA's >> NPoT haha.
    Also, National's OVA's didnt throw intense fillers in our faces.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because they came out like twice a year....Im not talking about generally im referring to condensing a match into one episode. The only case in which they didnt was Ryoma VS Yukimura.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The Nationals OVA's handled things far better than NPoT. They did a pretty good job. Nationals OVA's >> NPoT haha.
    Also, National's OVA's didnt throw intense fillers in our faces.
    Nationals OVA = PoT

PoT > NPoT

Nationals OVA = PoT > NPoT

Also, Nationals came out yearly, and had lots of material to deal with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So, the new PoT Anime is worse then the first PoT and the OVAs ? According to some posts in here.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to hear the song of final episode from OVA (Echizen X Yukimura), when Ryoma awakes TnK, in Shin Pot, because it'd have more chances of to be released on OST in the future...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    So, the new PoT Anime is worse then the first PoT and the OVAs ? According to some posts in here.
    In terms of pacing, and time wasting and handling of fillers, and choosing which parts to focus on, then yes. It is.
    Do you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by mystictapion View Post
    I'd like to hear the song of final episode from OVA (Echizen X Yukimura), when Ryoma awakes TnK, in Shin Pot, because it'd have more chances of to be released on OST in the future...
    Not related to the thread but yeah the OST is out 28th March.
    and lol ''Echizen X Yukimura''. They had a match, not some kinda yaoi pairing lol. ''Echizen VS Yukimura'' no?

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    True, still, I think Ryoma won't have problems on returning a 108th Hadoukyuu now
    LOLwhat? I shouldnt have let this go unchallenged. Do you mean with an aura or just standardly returning w/out any techniques?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the main issue with Shin PoT:

The main storyline has been separated into filler "side projects" whereas the filler side projects have been implemented into the main storyline. So as we watch the main story of the anime, we are watching extra filler material, and in order to watch the actual story, we need to watch extra-PoT videos. We are no longer watching a Tennis anime. We might as well buy some PoT dating game to achieve the same amount of action.

Quote Quote:
    "Glad Atobe got the episode to himself...when Shin PoT Kusoge comes out i can wait to spam that move. "
    What the heck is that? Please tell me it is some awesome new and long-overdue PoT videogame like Smash Hit 2.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, the first PoT is better than the NPoT. In terms of story and pacing, the original PoT beats out SPoT. SPoT is kinda like Prince of Tennis GT.

The way you make it sound, it's as if the original PoT and OVAs were bad. It was a pretty good series, not bad by a long-shot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    No, the first PoT is better than the NPoT. In terms of story and pacing, the original PoT beats out SPoT. SPoT is kinda like Prince of Tennis GT.

The old PoT............I don´t really like it, because it old now^^

And NPoT........I have lost interest in the manga and I, after reading about the receptions of the anime, don´t really intend to watch it, now >.>

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The old PoT............I don´t really like it, because it old now^^

And NPoT........I have lost interest in the manga and I, after reading about the receptions of the anime, don´t really intend to watch it, now >.>
    NPoT will never, never surpass the original. The original is always better, no matter how sequels are, they can't surpass the original story.

Konomi made a great job with POT, he showed with detail each of the matches and didn't include these one page kills that make me sick and how he fodderizes matches (Chitose/Tachibana vs. Wassio/Shuzuki or Krauser vs Nakagauchi and Shiraishi/Kirihara vs. Miyako/Matsudaira in anime).

New Reply
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast