Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most powerful/useful claymore technique

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Most powerful/useful claymore technique

there are many techniques with great destructive power, many techniques excelling in something but there are some that are effective against wide range of other techniques

like PYSA, or soul link, or Rafutela's messing with your head

what do you think the most effective technique is, one that when used gives the greatest advantage

---------- Post added January 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was January 05, 2012 at 12:40 PM ----------

- technique giving the greatest power boost
    awakening - (usable profitably only when doing soul link but anyone can actually use it), boosts pretty much everything + may give user special ability based on what they desire
    for normal folks (not crazy-ass experiments) half -awakening is best choice

- technique most wide-effective:
    PYSA - works like a charm against almost everything

- most dangerous technique:
    Rafutela's mind=screwing - it may not work on someone who is prepared for it or 'stubborn' (read strong-willed)
    person but fact remains that it can be be finishing touch to anyone - small, big, weak or strong

if used in 1 on 1 it is questionable, if user must be focused t may not be easily used, but it terms of danger- it certailny beats everything else
    dust eater - from what we seen even strong single digits fall defenseless to it, but against equaly strong opponent it may be nothing to worry about

follow up question: does Teresa use PYSA against Irene or is she just superior with sword?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: most powerful/useful claymore technique

Rafutela's technique is indeed useful, however there is big problem with it. It requires the prey to be releasing yoki.

Up against strong warriors, they can easily defeat her without using yoki. But then, its rare that warriors are facing one another huh.
    Up against AB, it is really useful... but even when she used it against the revived warriors (Cassandra and Roxanne), it seems as if she could only move the projectile slightly.
    She needs to release a considerable large amount of yoki herself to create "illusions" in the mind of the warrior, only if the warrior was releasing enough yoki in the first place as well.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpeedyIX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spit View Post
    follow up question: does Teresa use PYSA against Irene or is she just superior with sword?
    I'd say that Teresa is just better with her sword due to her natural claymore abilities (her being uber and all) as Teresa (and Priscilla) do not need to release yoki to swing their swords faster (if not just as fast) as Ilena(Irene)'s quick sword.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, there is no most powerful technique, only most powerful claymores. That is already determined by ranks, mostly. A weak claymore wouldn't be able to maxamized the effect of a "powerful" technique, Clare with the Quicksword for example, before her power-ups. A Strong claymore on the other hand can make a "weak" technique unmatched, just imagine how much of a boost if Teresa or Priscilla just throws a claymore sword at somone. The sword would chop the person in half no doubt and it'll keep going and going, cutting down trees, buildings or whatever that is still in the way.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sword Techniques and Yoma-Yoki Abilities do (to me anyways) seem to have their own Power Level, independant of the User's own Power Level.

Also, technically (please forgive me, lol), but this thread title-topic does say-have this:

/useful claymore technique

"USEFULNESS" can be decided upon, and discussed and debated upon, quite well
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 31, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ROGER View Post
    Rafutela's technique is indeed useful, however there is big problem with it. It requires the prey to be releasing yoki.

Up against strong warriors, they can easily defeat her without using yoki. But then, its rare that warriors are facing one another huh.
    Up against AB, it is really useful... but even when she used it against the revived warriors (Cassandra and Roxanne), it seems as if she could only move the projectile slightly.
    She needs to release a considerable large amount of yoki herself to create "illusions" in the mind of the warrior, only if the warrior was releasing enough yoki in the first place as well.
    1 i think Rafutela couldnt use anything close to full potential of the technique on those three because of the distance
    similar how Galatea can only make subtle manipulations, but i believe her technique has so much more potential

2 releasing large amount of yoki to use it and requirement of enemy to use yoki is bad in 1on1 indeed but only if enemy is aware of that, just look on Miria - her skill and power surpassing the one of organization's current generation lost to it, i think this shows how much more dangerous than Quicksword Rafutela's technique really is

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyIX View Post
    I'd say that Teresa is just better with her sword due to her natural claymore abilities (her being uber and all) as Teresa (and Priscilla) do not need to release yoki to swing their swords faster (if not just as fast) as Ilena(Irene)'s quick sword.
    thats good point actually, agree

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khorr View Post
    IMO, there is no most powerful technique, only most powerful claymores.
    just like HK says, that is why i wrote useful instead powerful
    - you cant compare two techniques because they are different in the principle/their origins but you can always determine which one is better in some situation = usefulness
    plus
    - the same can be said about warriors, yes #1 is certainly more 'powerful' than #2 but look at Miria - her team abilities are better than Alicias (which doesnt say anything lol but you get the point) even weaker warrior can be better in certain situation - just like equally matched warriors' 1on1 battle will be decided by other things than power

A weak claymore wouldn't be able to maxamized the effect of a "powerful" technique, Clare with the Quicksword for example, before her power-ups. A Strong claymore on the other hand can make a "weak" technique unmatched, just imagine how much of a boost if Teresa or Priscilla just throws a claymore sword at somone. The sword would chop the person in half no doubt and it'll keep going and going, cutting down trees, buildings or whatever that is still in the way.
    yes i agree, but i believe as HK said - techniques and warriors' skills with them should be thought as 2 different things

what importance does that make is, that
    two equally powerful warriors using different equally mastered technique may not put up a fair fight - the technique will make a difference and thats what i wanted to discuss

how can a technique be useful, its usefulness doesnt depend on its user's mastery

back to topic:

GALATEA
    Galatea's technique proved quite useless in the end - as it seems now - the technique is unusable against human-average-conscious person and even someone below this level can get free out of its control over him (altough i seriously doubt anyone like that would figure out how, but thats not the point)
    it looks like it is good against plenty of AB but thats it
    but i believe in this technique potential + isnt Rafutelas technique the same thing?

MIRIA
    her original phantom mirage is good against anything that doesnt have a counter (=speed) but if you have that it is useless, + there is plenty of people who have some counter (windcutter,quicksword for example are wuick sword techniques) and there are plenty among AB - every AB has quite fast tentacles
    sophantom mirage eiter gives you massive advantage or it doesnt provide any, + the old version was not easily used, all in all her special technique is not invincible unless used to the great potential (like Hysteria) - basically you have to get to such speed that you are unmatched by everyone

in terms of raw speed in full potential (Hysteria might be quite close without getting close to awakening) i believe it to be uncounterable by conventional abilities
    for example even if Hysteria's offensive AND defensive potential was weak i dont think general folk could do something against her - Miria - someone as powerful and utilising the same special ability was in a really tough situation
    i cant imagine Helene or Deneve putting up a fight with her even if they far surpassed Miria - just because they are not suited against Elegance/Phantom Mirage

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member metalia's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, there is no most powerful technique, only most powerful claymores.
    Although Cassandra didn't seem pretty strong as the rest of nº1 claymores, till she used her technique.

I think the best technique ever is Teresa's, or at least that technique placed in a strong enough claymore makes her totaly unmatched.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalia View Post
    Although Cassandra didn't seem pretty strong as the rest of nº1 claymores, till she used her technique.

I think the best technique ever is Teresa's, or at least that technique placed in a strong enough claymore makes her totaly unmatched.
    i think so too. btw Cassandra's technique really appears effective - it gives massive boost but i doubt it would work against PYSA in any way - simply it wont give boost to already strong warrior (like #1 strong without any technique)

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think so too. btw Cassandra's technique really appears effective - it gives massive boost but i doubt it would work against PYSA in any way - simply it wont give boost to already strong warrior (like #1 strong without any technique)
    That's a very good point, a lot of technique wouldn't benefit a warrior of Terea's strength as much as a lesser warrior. It's like teaching Superman kung fu, there isn't much of a point. Superman can just kill somone with his pinky and shoots lasers from his eyes. However if you give Superman the power to read minds, it'll still greatly boost his powers.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a very good point, a lot of technique wouldn't benefit a warrior of Terea's strength as much as a lesser warrior. It's like teaching Superman kung fu, there isn't much of a point. Superman can just kill somone with his pinky and shoots lasers from his eyes. However if you give Superman the power to read minds, it'll still greatly boost his powers.
    yes
    the only difference is that Dust Eater boosted Cassandra from #5 to #1 which is unbelievable - Miria and her phantom together made #6 ( yes she didnt master it at that time)

but i liked how strong DE is, and remember it is strong - after all Cassandra was using it against AB (that vacuum cleaner hah) and i doubt organization would send her to kill average AB
    but again i have to doubt its abilities since it doesnt boost either strength or speed - against someone as Dauf there wouldnt be any effect - but again.. even QS didnt have much effect

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SpeedyIX's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yes
    the only difference is that Dust Eater boosted Cassandra from #5 to #1 which is unbelievable - Miria and her phantom together made #6 ( yes she didnt master it at that time)

but i liked how strong DE is, and remember it is strong - after all Cassandra was using it against AB (that vacuum cleaner hah) and i doubt organization would send her to kill average AB
    but again i have to doubt its abilities since it doesnt boost either strength or speed - against someone as Dauf there wouldnt be any effect - but again.. even QS didnt have much effect
    I'm doubting that the Dust Eater itself is a strong technique, its used to catch opponents off-guard since they aren't used to being attacked from below, it also gives Cassandra some extra evasion to some extent, this makes it very useful, but I'm writing this to argue the whole Cassandra #5 -thing. Roxanne said that Cassandra's swordsmanship was equal to that of a #5, which has nothing to do with Cassandra's strength/yoki/power and etc, in short she's still as powerful as a #1 but her swordsmanship could use a lot of work according to Roxanne.

E: I also find the concept of the Windcutter to be pretty inefficient outside of the fact that it requires no yoki, mainly its that you'd have to swing your sword, and then put it back before swinging again, you could get so many more hits in during that time you'd spend re-sheathing your sword.
    Last edited by SpeedyIX; February 12, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

clare uses the windcutter without putting it back..

chapter 70 page 26 ,
    Last edited by number12michael; February 12, 2012 at 08:14 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The original Wind-cutter is a sheath draw, that is correct. Once out of the sheath it's able to make multiple slashes, that are slower but heavier then Clare's (mind you this is roughly 50% of Irene's technique power at the time) Quick sword.

What Clare does after the arc though isn't really the same wind-cutter that Flora uses, it's a lot more like the QS without the awakened limb. Wind-cutter is what you get when you use minimum Yoki and maximum muscular power, the Quicksword is used by maximizing both Yoki and muscular strength. For a Claymore that can do the QS using the wind-cutter is fundamental but that doesn't mean that the 'style' of Windcutter they'll use will be exactly the same. Clare learned QS first, so those movements are still incorporated into her wind-cutter.

Someone who uses the Wind-cutter can perform the QS in theory only if they have the yoki control level needed to keep from Awakening when they do it. Most Claymore don't have what it takes.

---
    @SpeedyIX

You are entirely correct, Cassandra is not #5 in attributes but her sword technique was poor in comparison to lower ranked Claymores, though Roxanne was comparing her at the time to a #5 who excelled in sword technique to begin with. As stated before, its not impossible for high end single digits (2-5) to be marginaly better in a single attribute then a #1, it's the fact that number ones tend to be both high spec'd and well rounded that makes them better. Also Roxanne's opinions are those of a 'technique stealer' she can't steal another Claymore natural attributes so her words don't really apply to that.

Cassandra's highest attribute is her insane resilience and endurance. It's not the kind of flashy attribute like speed or strength that can be seen outright like so many other Claymores, it's rather very subtle.

----
    My favored techniques (though not necessarily the most powerful; depending on what you compare it to):

PYSA: Total hax's
    Quicksword: Slightly lesser hax's with a high requirment
    Dust eater: In a nutshell; Omnidirectional high speed rabbit punch, nuff said.
    Drill sword: R@p* cannon
    Rippling sword: Dick move's 101
    Yoki Snyc and steal: Dick move's 102
    Sword throw: That feeling you get when you head shot someone in your FPS of choice.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyIX View Post
    I'm doubting that the Dust Eater itself is a strong technique, its used to catch opponents off-guard since they aren't used to being attacked from below, it also gives Cassandra some extra evasion to some extent, this makes it very useful, but I'm writing this to argue the whole Cassandra #5 -thing. Roxanne said that Cassandra's swordsmanship was equal to that of a #5, which has nothing to do with Cassandra's strength/yoki/power and etc, in short she's still as powerful as a #1 but her swordsmanship could use a lot of work according to Roxanne.
    i think DE has some qualities besides evading and surprise, i dont think double digit claymore could do something against it even if mastered counter technique - im just saying what Speedy does.. - i agree about Casandra i think she is full #1
    but i would cut DE some slack

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    clare uses the windcutter without putting it back..
    thats news to me... good to know

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    You are entirely correct, Cassandra is not #5 in attributes but her sword technique was poor in comparison to lower ranked Claymores, though Roxanne was comparing her at the time to a #5 who excelled in sword technique to begin with. As stated before, its not impossible for high end single digits (2-5) to be marginaly better in a single attribute then a #1, it's the fact that number ones tend to be both high spec'd and well rounded that makes them better. Also Roxanne's opinions are those of a 'technique stealer' she can't steal another Claymore natural attributes so her words don't really apply to that.

Cassandra's highest attribute is her insane resilience and endurance. It's not the kind of flashy attribute like speed or strength that can be seen outright like so many other Claymores, it's rather very subtle.
    agree

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SaphG1 View Post
    PYSA: Total hax's
    Quicksword: Slightly lesser hax's with a high requirment
    Dust eater: In a nutshell; Omnidirectional high speed rabbit punch, nuff said.
    Drill sword: R@p* cannon
    Rippling sword: Dick move's 101
    Yoki Snyc and steal: Dick move's 102
    Sword throw: That feeling you get when you head shot someone in your FPS of choice.
    haha
    the difference between PYSA and quicksword is that WS can be learned (Irene learned it so anyone can do it, and even better (although thats impossible)), PYSA looks more like is either there or not.. maybe hard trained yoki perception could result in PYSA but i think PYSA is much much more talent oriented than quicksword and QS is already talent oriented - id rather say you gotta have in in your genes you know - strong will you can learn by live style but you cant learn talent needed for PYSA i guess

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

haha
    the difference between PYSA and quicksword is that WS can be learned (Irene learned it so anyone can do it, and even better (although thats impossible)), PYSA looks more like is either there or not.. maybe hard trained yoki perception could result in PYSA but i think PYSA is much much more talent oriented than quicksword and QS is already talent oriented - id rather say you gotta have in in your genes you know - strong will you can learn by live style but you cant learn talent needed for PYSA i guess
    Mental concentration and nervous control are things that can be improved with training but they're also a part of how you are born. The Quick sword to be used properly really requires more then just training but also the right sort of mentality, there are some subtle examples:

Clare cannot control the QS without combining it with elements of PYSA and it's still not as powerful as Irene's version (according to data books anyway). Irene had the mental strength to perfectly control a over limit limb innately.

We've also been shown that it takes next to nothing to push a Claymore over limit. A harsh battle or even misjudgement in limits can make one awaken. At least in Irene's case she'd have had countless battles where her strengths were tested but she never misjudged her limits even with a limb over limit in battle.

There's definitely only going to be a certain type that will use the QS Successfully. Those sort are definitely less rare then PYSA type's but not by all that much I'd say. Thus its high requirement but is still slightly less Hax's ^^ PYSA will always be ahead in my rankings, mostly because after it stops being scary i imagine it probably would just piss you off. If there were a listing for that kind of thing (since we're making lists^^) it'd probably be:

1.PYSA
    2.Frost mage's
    3.Republican's
    4.Sasuke
    5.Girlfriend's/Fiancee/Wives (when they're talking)
    Last edited by SaphG1; March 04, 2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: randomly noticed typo

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast