Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: I'm NEW!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm NEW!

Hey Guys! I'm new to MH. Here is a link to some of my art work please let me know what you think. I really need a good story hence, all my manga pages are unrelated haha

http://cbisho01.deviantart.com/#/d4lj26v

The above is my most recent

please let me know what you think. I can take criticism so be mean please (but honest)

Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gintara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm NEW!

Welcome to MH, MangaDude!

I'm not much of a writer, but I can provide you with some advice with your art.

Let's see here...

Anatomy's a bit off, so practice on getting the proportions accurate as possible. There are some resources on dA that you can look at for reference, but make sure to practice. Have you ever tried doing figurative drawing? Doing quick, rough outlines of random people every day will help you get it down.

The organization of the comic layout can be confusing sometimes. You may need more variation in the pages, so look at various comics/manga and study how the artist has planned each page to go with the story. To make a more impact in each panel, put a little more exaggeration. It's like choosing what's the best way to present to the reader the story in terms of the art.

Those two are mostly the biggest areas to work on, and other ones are minor. ^_^

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gintara! I appreciate your feedback. You're right, I think doing quick figure drawings will help alot. Laying out a page is always so challenging especially when I don't have a story lol

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am new to so i say Best of luck and practice makes perfect . Sadly i wish i could draw but i am to fascinated with stories to draw and half my time is put into it . Hopefully we could work together down the road. It would be cool to make a team of people like the people who make tsubasa.
    Ps. Still looking for duo partner
    Last edited by The Neutralizer; March 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neutralizer, thats funny because I am not that great at writing stories. Writting these manga pages proved so time consuming a team of people is a great idea. I have more work I just posted at http://cbisho01.deviantart.com/gallery/ Gintara, you have helped me immensely with your pointers. Please take a look at Manga pract 1-4 and let me know what you think.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like the emotion so far but could still use improvement(paneling backround to). I know it is practice but i do not see where the story going. I get a idea you should go for gag,funny or battle stories. Like gintama or boobobobbob. Characters are easy but backround isnt i cant say for sure but that is what i think. Just a writer
    Last edited by The Neutralizer; March 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM.

New Reply