Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: K-Music Hangout / The K- Music Show

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The K-Music Show!

Super Junior Addresses Disbandment Rumors
    scandals-issueseditposted by ashleed on 5 December, 2011

Korean idol group Super Junior recently addressed the rumors of their disbandment, which have been circulating since the release of their fifth album.
    Due to various solo activities by various members, as well as Heechul's current military enlistment, as well as Leeteuk's supposed enlistment next year, many came to fear that the boy group would be parting ways for good.

However, at the " M LIVE by CJ MO.A 2011" concert in Malaysia, the group denied such rumors and assured fans that they would not be breaking up, as leader Leeteuk clarified, "We do not experience many difficulties together as a band. We have a lot of fun, and are happy together."

ELFS can rest assured that Super Junior will not be disbanding in the near future.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

SNSD to release repackaged Japanese edition of “The Boys”
    by lawlietta

With SNSD‘s latest album, ‘The Boys‘ making waves in Korea, it should come as no surprise that the ladies will be releasing a special Japanese edition to continue their foray into the international music market.

The repackaged release, which will be the girls’ first album in Japan, will reportedly feature fifteen songs, including the Japanese and English versions of “The Boys”, a new song, and three remixes from the original album. Furthermore, the new release also means a brand new set of jacket photos giving fans a refreshed take of the album concept.

On top of the regular CD edition, the first press edition and limited period edition versions of the album will be released. Both editions will include a special case, thirty-six page photobook, digipak and bonus DVD with the English version of “The Boys” and the music video for “Bad Girl”. In addition, when purchased at a certified shop, the first press edition will include a rubber coaster set (white or blue version), and the limited period edition will include two posters.

The album release is scheduled for December 28th, with pre-orders beginning this week on December 5th.

Source: Official Site
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The K-Music Show!

Found several news.

Quote Originally Posted by allkpop
    15th anniversary YG Family Concert is an enormous success

Celebrating their 15th anniversary, YG Entertainment continues to see enormous success with their ‘YG Family Concerts’, the latest concert in Osaka, Japan, drawing 80,000 fans to a one-of-a-kind concert featuring some of the biggest names in K-Pop.

With artists such as Big Bang, 2NE1, Se7en, Gummy, Tablo, PSY, and Jinusean, YG artists celebrated for two straight days at the Osaka Kyocera Dome on the 7th and 8th of January. 2NE1 kicked off the energetic night with their debut track, “FIRE“, and Big Bang took to the stage soon after, drawing immense cheer from the crowd.

Se7en
    continued the festivities, and sang the Japanese versions of his songs “Better Together” and “Somebody Else“, the title track for his Japanese mini-album, which is scheduled for release on the 18th.

As recent inductees to the YG Family, Tablo and PSY also provided solid performances, and PSY‘s trademark wit was in full effect as he dressed up as “Lady Psy Psy” and “Psyonce“, parodying the popular American artists.

Next came Gummy, on the heels of her first Japanese album, and Jinusean followed soon after with “Phone Number” and “A-YO“.

As for special stages, Big Bang‘s Taeyang, Daesung, and Seungri collaborated with Se7en to perform 2NE1‘s “Lonely” and “It Hurts“, and Gummy, Taeyang, and Park Bom made a special appearance on Tablo’s stage.

Altogether, 41 songs were performed at the YG Family Concert, and the energy never let up during the entire three-and-a-half hour long concert.

YG Entertainment is scheduled to take their family concert to the Saitama Super Arena on January 21st and 22nd.
    Further reading >> http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/15th-...ormous-success

Wonder Girls unleash teaser for new U.S. single, “The DJ Is Mine”

With the Wonder Girls arriving in the United States for their upcoming television debut in February, JYP Entertainment has released a teaser for their US single, “The DJ Is Mine” featuring the School Gyrls!

According to recent reports, “The DJ Is Mine” will be part of the OST for the ladies’ Teen Nick movie, “THE WONDER GIRLS”. The high energy track was written by Crystal Nicole Johnson, a Grammy Award-winning songwriter who’s worked with Mariah Carey, Beyonce, Rihanna, Natasha Bedingfield and more.

The music video is scheduled to launch at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this week on January 11th. J.Y. Park and Nick Cannon will be present for the presentation, which will be in 3D through the use of Samsung electronics.

Delivering today’s hottest trends with vividly saturated visuals and a powerful dubstep beat, the Wonder Girls seem to be turning over their retro image for a completely fresh and edgy concept.
    Further reading >> http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/wonde...the-dj-is-mine

Not that I listened to Wonder Girls, but who doesn't know their "Nobody But You" and that dance? XD Their new song sounds quite interesting, I guess I'll check it out. :3

---------- Post added January 14, 2012 at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was January 09, 2012 at 08:47 PM ----------

Nine Muses express confidence in their comeback

Nine Muses have finally made their comeback with their new song ‘News‘, and they expressed that they’re starting to feel more confident in themselves.

On January 13th, right before going on stage for KBS 2TV‘s ’Music Bank‘, Nine Muses held a quick interview. “It’s been 4 months since ‘Figaro‘,” they said. “Compared to other groups, we had a long break before our comeback. Because we worked hard for such a long period of time, we carry a different kind of confidence“.

Member Euaerin also added, “While preparing for this album, Lee Saem and I had gone under extensive rap training. We are looking forward to trying out different genres. We also took our choreography into consideration; we even invited a Japanese choreographer [to coach us].

In addition, Lee Saem commented, “We came back with a sexy concept and our fans gave us positive feedback. I think we are slowly finding our color. We are so thankful for Sweetune for making us a song that best fits with our image.”
    Further reading >> http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/nine-...their-comeback

I checked their video on YouTube, too bad it didn't catch my interest that much, hmm~

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: K-Music Hangout / The K- Music Show

Absolutely recommend Dal★Shabet - Hit U! Go listen, NAO! >:B Well, I don't expect it to be well received by everyone, but it's a good song with attitude that is the complete opposite from their cutesy, bubbly concepts for their previous singles.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rudorofu View Post
    Absolutely recommend Dal★Shabet - Hit U! Go listen, NAO! >:B Well, I don't expect it to be well received by everyone, but it's a good song with attitude that is the complete opposite from their cutesy, bubbly concepts for their previous singles.
    I so hate YouTube sometimes for not working for me when I want it to work. I'll give it a try later, rudorofu!

Anyway, some fun news for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bang reveals official poster for ‘Big Show 2012′
    After releasing a video teaser for their highly-anticipated concert, ‘2012 Big Show‘, the boys have finally unveiled their official poster!

On January 30th, YG Entertainment‘s official me2day account revealed this sleek poster for Big Bang’s annual event. The boys are all wearing fitted black suits, but each have a different flair to match their individual styles.

From left to right, we have Seungri, G-Dragon, Taeyang, Daesung, and T.O.P. Seungri tapped into his “Strong Baby” charm with a classic suit, and added a floppy bowtie to reflect his dorky personality. Meanwhile, G-Dragon looks sharp in his velvet blazer with a tilted fedora.

Taeyang balanced his street-savvy mohawk with a sharp suit, while Daesung kept it simple with a plain jacket and a white tee. His stylist added a checkered scarf to add that ‘stand-out Big Bang’ element to his look.

Finally, we have rapper T.O.P., who wore a velvet jacket similar to G-Dragon’s. Unlike G-Dragon, however, he decided to run with a ‘gentleman’ look as opposed to ‘dapper’ for his style inspiration.

Big Bang’s ’2012 Big Show’ will be held at Olympic Park over a course of three days, from March 2nd to the 4th. Pre-sale tickets will be available exclusively through G-market starting January 31st.
    Further reading >> http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/big-b...-big-show-2012

Quote Originally Posted by IU becomes the new model for makeup brand, ‘The Saem’
    Singer IU has become the new model for makeup brand, ‘The Saem‘.

On January 30th, a representative from ‘The Saem’ stated, “IU is much beloved and is even called the nation’s little sister. Her clear skin is highly coveted by girls, and so we believe that she will raise awareness about our brand to a larger audience”.

IU also commented, “After turning 20 this year, I became more interested in makeup, so I’m really happy to become a model. I’m going to work hard to promote ‘The Saem’ and will show my fans a good side to myself.”

Fans are looking forward to her collaboration with The Saem’s main model, Lee Seung Gi.
    Further reading >> http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/iu-be...brand-the-saem

Look at how beautiful IU is~ She has a great career in front of her.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Soompi's Weekly K-Pop Chart 2012

Hello, guys!

When I was browsing around for K-music news, I stumbled upon an interesting music chart made by a website called Soompi. There they have a weekly updated music chart, showing new and popular K-songs you might want to check it out. I'm thinking to share it here with you all, as your weekly source for new K-pop songs to check every week~ :3

P.S.: I put it in spoiler box since it's quite long.

Enjoy!

Spoiler: January 2012 show

---------- Post added February 08, 2012 at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was January 30, 2012 at 07:55 PM ----------

Spoiler: SOOMPI CHART for 2012, Month 2, Week 1 show

Further reading >> http://www.soompi.com/news/weekly-kp...ebruary-week-1

I listened to MBLAQ's This is War a while ago. The MV was quite cool, the song was pretty good, but it didn't strike me that much the first time I saw it. To see it here standing strong on 2nd position... maybe I should listen to it again. XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

It's japanese, but they're my favourite k-group

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to marry hyuna, i am sure most male fans feel this way, but not only is she beautiful, but she is talented and the way she expresses herself is very unique , yet not over the top like gaga or some of the american pop starts

hyuna could be the next big thing in world wide music, not just korea

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

For all you kpop lovers there is finally a kpop harlem shake. Yes it was highly anticipated and this short-lived trend has taken over the kpop world too!

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Trust JoKwon and Min to participate in this. It would've been nice if KwangHee was in it too.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to write a short rant here. Sorry if there's any fans of groups I'm going to talk below, I mean no bad feelings.

Recently I saw a MV by a Korean girlband, Secret. Guess what I saw? Their 'Poison' MV. I was having lunch, it was on MTV if I remember correctly, and when I saw the MV I was just... speechless. I just don't understand why they have to go that far to gain attention or to be unique. I have a hard time understanding groups like this; take SISTAR for example. While I don't mind sexiness being their icon/strong points, please... There has to be some limits.

Or maybe because I'm a girl. *shrugs*

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe there's an actual girl group called Crayon Pop!? Who come's up with these names!? xD I wonder how it sounds in Korean..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? You can't believe Crayon Pop? There's names like 2AM(?) 4minute...secret...and a lot of others. You should be used to it by now

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok yeah sure there's a whole load of them with weird names but at least 2AM and stuff like that are viable for marketing purposes and it's easy to say I guess but Crayon Pop!?

It could be some kind of fizzy drink or soda pop with 99% colourings in them. I would love to know the history behind that name. xD

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

A Korean friend of mine is a huge fan of Shinhwa who are thought to be the founding fathers of K-Pop. Their debut was in 1998, which is a decade before the Hallyu Wave. I'm impressed that they've been successful for so long and that their popularity hasn't faltered due to the countless other K-Pop groups that have formed since then.

They have a wide discography so right now I'm trying to get that friend to request me some songs.

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I was UNBELIEVABLY obsessed with their most recent title track "This Love"

as well as "Venus" from the album before.

I haven't really checked out their songs from before "Venus", since I'm not too fond of the old school K-pop song. If you're into variety/reality shows, their "Shinhwa Broadcast" is hilarious.

Spoiler: CoughAoTcharactersdancingtoThisLoveCough show

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast