Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
Thread Closed

Thread: Potential power of the Straw Hats

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member chrizzl's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Potential power of the Straw Hats

As were on a break for new year and etc I decided that I would catch up on the anime chapters that I had missed over the last month or more and I think they have done a great job on showing how much the straw hats have increased in power (personally I think shown better than the manga and that rarely happens) as SPOILER FOR JUST ANIME WATCHERS as I watched from when they met back up at Sabaody Archipelago they just touched down in fishman island and Hodi has been introduced and attacked the random pirate ship with his steroids etc.

This as well as the entire off topic discussions in the chapter thread about Mihawk and Zoro being better than him (I don’t believe that he has) and it got me think about how powerful even the weak Mugiwaras are going to be. I mean as shanks wasn’t second in command or third he was just one of the normal members as in like a Mugiwaras normal member i.e. Brook he is also a swordsman (kind of anyway). Basically I was just trying to say do you think that members in the party like brook will ever reach the level of shanks who is now a Yonkou (even though he got an extra 20 years or so after he left the Gold D Rogers crew). Just what is the potential strength for people in the monster trio as Rayleigh from what I can remember wasn’t struggling against Kizaru even though there was mentioning of him slowing down with age just think of what he was capable of when he was in his prime and this is meant to be the next or be surpassed by Zoro.

At what level do you think they are now? and what level do you think they will get to as in even the likes of Chopper or Nami capable of at least fighting off or surviving against an admiral in the future or is my imagination just stretched a little far today or not enouth?

P.S. as I havent been on here for a very long time just like to say hope you all had a good Christmas and a Happy New year
    Last edited by chrizzl; January 09, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Potential power of the Straw Hats

There is already a thread about this with 15 pages of discussion: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Thread Closed