Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

52 41.60%
  • Akainu

52 41.60%
  • Kizaru

5 4.00%
  • Other

16 12.80%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ashura_Ichibugin's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

Who do you think is the new Fleet Admiral? Aokiji is a little irresponsible for the position (Gorousei once commented he should watch his rank), and I see no reason to make Kizaru the Fleet Admiral. Choosing the Fleet Admiral outside of Admirals would be a little weird too. So, I think it is Akainu.
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the new Fleet Admiral?

I agree. Plus Aka Inu probably has a darker view on "how to be good Marine" than Sengoku. It would be interesting to see the evolution.

And , Ao Kiji FA would be too "easy" if you know what I mean , given that the chapter just before the timeskip told us he was the one Sengoku has chosen. If the name of the FA is not given in the last chapter , I'm sure it's because it's not Kuzan.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be aokiji nevertheless. I don't think sengoku's recommendation would go unnoticed for such a thing. It is plausible the gorosei actually went with akainu even if he is clinically insane.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

My voice goes for Aokiji. He is the most wise of that trio. And his view of justice is that of Garp and Sengoku.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ashura_Ichibugin's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Moreover, moving the Marine HQ to the new world sounds like something Akainu would do rather than Aokiji. However, there is a possibility that the decision belongs to even higher ups than the Fleet Admiral, like Gorousei or Kong.
    Spoiler: One Piece Predictions show

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kaizoku-O Luffy's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

My money is on akainu he is the type to exchange the location of MQ. He is the one who carries the "the pirates are evil" justice.

Or someone totally new who hasn't been shown so far in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Aokiji. Sengoku did recommend him, and Sengoku is "Honorably" stepping down.. so it would be more likely his recommendation would have influence. Of course it's likely the Gorousei would have the last call. But Kong is the "Commander in Chief" isn't he??

Aokiji might be lazy and more flexible morally than the other Admirals, but he's also more calm and level headed.. and likely more suited to the strategy and administration of the Fleet Admiral position than the other two... Who well are a Mob boss and a Psychopath in a Hawaiian Shirt..

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if we ignored Sengoku's appraisal, Aokoji seems a great bet for the WG / Kong (depends on who has the major say in it) going on their character traits. But that said, it depends on what WG/Kong want to tell the world about the direction of their marines.

Aka Inu = Red Dog = Aggressive (red) Loyalist (dog)
    Message would be: "We are going to kill pirates, revolutionaries and babies dont get in the way"

Ao Koji = Blue Pheasant = Calm (blue) Intelligence (pheasant)
    Message would be: "Tactically important manouvres, but not overreacting to the shift of power balance with aggressive expansion"

Ki Zaru = Yellow Monkey = Cheerful (yellow) Prankster (monkey)
    Message would be: "Things are amazingly rosy here, we don't have a care in the world"

Aokoji does indeed seem the smart option, and what I would go with. Buuuuuut if WG/Kong are looking to seize upon the death of WB and aggressively move upon the new world (potentially hinted at through moving Marineford to G1), then Akainu is not an impossible choice.

I also prefer to think of Aokoji as the brains, Akainu as the fists and Kizaru as the...I don't know...legs? Probably the funny bone.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

10. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member modoki's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

its obviously aokiji. During the war he was most of the time sengoku's first choice to get something done. All sengoku needed to do was call his name and the deed was done.

Although he was warned once by the gorousei; if sengoku recommended him then its done deal and he mustve had a good reason

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I am leaning towards Aokiji more then anyone for a variety of reasons; even the reason mentioned against him.

First; the Gorousei mentioned he should watch his rank; that there is neccesairly not a bad thing. This being said could be taken in the way that since Aokiji is a leader figure and is stretching outside of the powers of his rank, the Gorousei are just reminding him that he is under them and not above. They acknowledge his power and influence with his rank, so yes it was said in anger but also can hint towards becoming a higher rank.

Second; location of new marine headquaters. We know Aokiji does not follow absolute justice, and has stated in the past that he doesn't like to end the life of rookies. So moving it to where the real threat is, the new world, they can stop rookies that make it through the red line on the other side, and deal with new world pirates.

Third; his character being not only the first admiral mentioned, but also a large important character to the storyline. We have seen more and interacted and know what he actually is like then we do of any other marine basically.

Fourth; we already know that luffy acknowledges him as someone great and powerful, he has mentioned on many occasions he needs to be able to fight on equal terms with Aokiji or Smoker as an example.

Fifth; a referral given by Sengoku. This is nothing small this is huge, he was an admiral for a very long time before 20 years ago, and fleet admiral now. He was the one on top of the battle for whitebeard(Even if he was not the biggest roll physically, he is known as the leader as he is at the top, he gets credit).

Though really I can not see it being Akainu, I can see him keeping marines in first half and cutting down rookies before they become a threat.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's AoKiji then why is Oda still hiding him? I mean he seems to be the obvious answer, coz of Sengoku's recommendation, but if it's rly him then why is he still hidden? Wel i might be thinking too much with the hiding issue. It could be as well that Oda wants us to think it be someone else than AoKiji xD Anyway, I rather believe it is Akainu, since that means we were trolled by Oda. Furthermore the switch of the MHQ to the NW seems more like a aggressive method to face the pirates, at least in my eyes. Unlike the strategist-defence method Sengoku had going on the first half of the grand line. He was also the one who did the most damage to the WB prates and Luffy + companion. Because of that, I think he should be the last Admrial to fall. So a commander who stands always behind should be the right position for him, coz of that.

So my vote goes to RedDog

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Grand Countdown Part 2 said: Aokiji is the Fleet Admiral now. The switch of G-1 and MHQ was also hinted there as big change...

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    One Piece Grand Countdown Part 2 said: Aokiji is the Fleet Admiral now. The switch of G-1 and MHQ was also hinted there as big change...
    I guess that settles it..
    However I must have missed that part in Green..

I always figured that to be the case... Oda just likes watching us sweat...

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, One Piece Green only covers up until Chapter 597.

On page 341 all three admirals are still listed as "taishou" while Sengoku still is shown as "gensui". Okay, there's a sign: "gensui kouho" which means "Fleet Admiral candidate" on Aokiji's picture:
    Spoiler: excerpt of p.341 about Garp, Sengoku and the three admirals show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Well, One Piece Green only covers up until Chapter 597.

On page 341 all three admirals are still listed as "taishou" while Sengoku still is shown as "gensui". Okay, there's a sign: "gensui kouho" which means "Fleet Admiral candidate" on Aokiji's picture:
    Spoiler: excerpt of p.341 about Garp, Sengoku and the three admirals show
    That Said Fleet Admiral candidate which means the hes in the running to become fleet admiral it doesn't necessarily mean he is. there are other candidates out there

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast