Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A letter to Norihiro Yagi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow A letter to Norihiro Yagi

Here is an excellent idea for a thread that chibamonster (one of the most prominent Animesuki users) has come up with 4 years ago. Source.

Quote Originally Posted by chibamonster
    I had a crazy idea. I have no idea if it would even work but I figured I would at least post the idea and see if it is possible.

How about a "Letter from the anime suki's claymore forum to Norihiro Yagi" composition thread? Sort of answering the question: if you were to write a letter to Yagi, what would you say? And then ... you know, send it.

I mean actually figuring out how to send him a letter, either writing one as a group or as individuals, get someone to translate (maybe even edit) it and hope like crazy for a response. Even if there isn't a response, we could tell him how awesome claymore is and encourage him (although he probably doesn't need it). It could even be a series of quotes from various users about how much they enjoy claymore. I am not sure if anyone else would be interested but I thought it might be a cool idea because I really enjoy my Claymore. If not a letter then maybe we could get an email address or something to send our thanks. People will probably have different ideas about what they want to send (if it interests them at all) so that could be part of the discussion too.
    I think it's a waste that Animesuki moderators didn't allow for it's creation hence I'm posting it here hoping that we can actually write something interesting and send it to Yagi. But in order to do this we would need an address where we could send physical letter (e-mail probably wouldn't do since it would be filtered by spam filters).

Even if this will not work it might become a thread were any user could post a question he would like Yagi to answer, which could be pretty interesting in itself. If it were me I would ask of course which character he created was the strongest and why was it Teresa (;P)?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A letter to Norihiro Yagi

i once e-mailed trailer music company - City of the Fallen

i am into trailer music and this one is one of my fav, its relatively new and besides awesome music it has awesome covers for their albums, their music is not publicly available but it gets out on filesharing sites

i told them how awesome they are, and asked them how they view when their songs are shared among fans + i asked if they dont have some hi-res covers

to my surprise they replied - although they didnt answer.. but they told me where i can find hi-res covers..

i think e-mail could work.. i wonder if people like Yagi or that company are bombarded by idiots like me or not at all...

if i should write him:
    1 how awesome claymore is
    2 ask how long does he wanna pruduce it
    3 say that it would make lots of people happy if claymore gets out faster.. bigger prod. stuff would be nice or not?
    3 to keep up the good work + wish success

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Goral, while I agree with it in theory, remember that they're ostensibly very anti-scanlation, so...

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we wouldn't reveal this address of course just say we're fans and wanted to XYZ. More importantly, if you had a chance what question would you ask Yagi?

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Goral, while I agree with it in theory, remember that they're ostensibly very anti-scanlation, so...
    what does that have to do with anything? i fail to see the problem

it is not like we dont buy claymroe manga, i dont have all volumes yet but i plan on having them, and i still prefer scanlations due to bigger size of picture

if i should ask him something more personal then definitely: about Teresas true strength, whether org knew it and such
    and i really want to suggest him to make another extra chapters, i loved Mirias, loved Teresas even more

i desperately want to see character that are dead!
    1 Teresa
    wanna see her fight against 46 warriors at once or someone with super powerful technique
    2 Alicia
    wanna see her - that alone would satisfy me
    3 Rosemary

i recently reread teresa's extra chpt only to find out Rosemary is one of the most badass characters ever
    she
    - awakened just to fight Teresa = determination, strong will, ambitious
    - if you look at her, her face is epic, it is like Cassandra's cuteness (she has similar face) + something from Hysteria or Irene, that look.. it will haunt me forever

ImageShack.us

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt this will happen but if it does.

1. Ask him to confirm once and for all about Nietzschean themes in Claymore.
    2. Ask him if he's familiar with Germanic culture (in Iceland, warriors were expected to turn into monsters unless other warriors killed them).
    3. Ask him if hes familiar with psychology and so-called personality disorders, especially the writings ofWillem H.J. Martens about psychopathy, because many of his characters are very accurate.
    Last edited by faintsmile1992; February 04, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't know if he would appreciate pro-scanlation people to ask him questions...I would ask him, if there's a remote possibility that he will expand the manga and include the Draconic Tribe...for me that was the moment that just made Claymore awesome...I always love it, when the setting and the world are presented in a work of fiction...lore is great

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member claremore's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would ask Norihiro Yagi about Angel Densetsu, and if it had any influences with Claymore. I recommend reading Angel Densetsu to Claymore fans

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claremore View Post
    I think I would ask Norihiro Yagi about Angel Densetsu, and if it had any influences with Claymore. I recommend reading Angel Densetsu to Claymore fans
    I think this is quite obvious, Clare = Ikuno etc...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

"Norihiro Yagi sensei, Good morning, I wish you a nice day drawing (I doubt you did anything else in the last years judging the detail level of Claymore), I bet your hand has a big blob on the finger . Just one question: have you fired your writer? It's because the plot didn't stop falling down-hill since Pieta. Whoever you fired just bring him back, its not a problem if he was getting more famous than you, I think your drawings nowadays can match his stories "
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; March 16, 2012 at 03:07 PM.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClaFanN1 View Post
    "Norihiro Yagi sensei, Good morning, I wish you a nice day drawing (I doubt you did anything else in the last years judging the detail level of Claymore), I bet your hand has a big blob on the finger . Just one question: have you fired your writer? It's because the plot didn't stop falling down-hill since Pieta. Whoever you fired just bring him back, its not a problem if he was getting more famous than you, I think your drawings nowadays can match his stories "
    That isn't very nice, but I admit I preferred CM closer to the beginning.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i like this idea some

i'd ask him to confirm whether irene is dead or not xD

and whether he could write another extra chapter with Teresa or Ophelia in it

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member claremore's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

If anyone did send him mail he probably appreciates it
    (This was for Angel Densetsu however)
    Last edited by claremore; March 30, 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

But can he read English?

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claremore View Post
    [cut] (This was for Angel Densetsu however)
    lol
    This fits perfectly with what limao (ClaFanN1) wrote . He doesn't even like writing that much so he draws shit first and maybe thinks later. At least it's been true for a few years now and the theory that his assistant was doing all the writing is more plausible than ever.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast