Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: War at Marineford: Different Outcomes

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whitebeard War Game Change

Quote Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
    In a WW2 class at my school we had to speculate how it would've gone differently if a significant part of the war had gone another way. I thought it would be fun to do this for Marineford.
    Here are a couple of scenarios I thought up, feel free to speculate
    1:Whitebeard has no heart issue in the middle of the war
    2: Luffy and the Impel Downers never arrive
    3:The rest of the mugiwaras are present
    4:One or more supernovae interfere
    5:Blackbeard doesn't interfere
    6:Shanks arrives earlier
    7: Oars Jr. doesn't stop the seige wall from rising
    8: Squardo doen't get fooled by Akainu
    9: Ace doesn't engage Akainu
    10: Shanks doesn't arrive
    Well,according to your speculations
    1.If WB had no heart issues,he still has aging health problems
    2.If Luffy and the ID prisoners nvr arrive then maybe Ace would have been killed much eariler lol im just saying
    3.Wouldn't do much damage to the war cause they're rookies compared to WB and his allies
    4.That depends on whose side they're on.The killing WB side or the Help WB first then try and kill him
    5.WB would still die and if Ace was still alive,they would have won the war if they retreated
    6.Depends on how early.If he arrives before the war "officially" starts,the marines would get their @ss wooped.If half way through,Ace wouldn't have died since 2 yonkous can practically destroy the whole Marine organization
    7.Then WB allies would get owned more then they had been
    8.Squardo would probably get killed by Akainu if he doesn't take the bait,and WB would still own the Marines and get punched by Akainu,just a matter of time before WB's health act up.
    9.Ace wouldn't have died then since WB allies got haki users
    10.Then its goodbye Coby,Prolonged war,More damage on both sides

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

If the rest of the straw-hats were there, most of them would be dead. I mean Luffy only just survived.
    That was the point of Kuma asking Nami if Luffy was Ace's brother. He wasn't just saving them from Kizaru, he was sending them far away before they heard about the execution, because he knew they would interfere and get themselves killed.

If Luffy and Impel Downers never arrived, Whitebeard may still have rescued Ace, but more of his crew would be dead, and Akainu could still have easily provoked Ace into a fight and killed him.

Funny thing is Luffy and Blackbeard - if either of their plans had failed, the other would too. If Luffy didnt break into Impel Down, considering how easily his crew were poisoned Blackbeard would probably have failed. And if Blackbeard's crew hadn't hypnotised the gatekeepers to open the gates, Luffy and the prisoners wouldn't have made it to the war.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Would the outcome have been different if Bonney showed up at Marineford has a similar topic, so it would be nice if the two threads would merged into one.

1: Probably less sacrifices/victims on Whitebeards side, still a loss.
    2: Ace wouldn't have been freed and die with a lot of other pirates.
    3: Even more chaotic with a lot of casualities on the Mugiwaras side.
    4: One or more supernovae interfere.
    5: No game changer, but plot changer^^
    6: When earlier?
    7: Many more sacrifices/victims on the pirate side, probably a huuuuge loss for the WB pirates, but that's no secret.
    8: The WB commanders would have lost less, but no real game changer
    9: Luffy might have died or not, who knows.
    10: The obvious consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    If him means Whitebeard, he would have rocked the show even more than he already did, but we can't be sure how he would fare against a Garp & Sendoku double-team.

* Marco wouldn't have been shot by Borsalino or get the kairoseki hand-cuffs
    * The moral of the WB crew would be much higher
    * The Akainu VS WB fight might have ended with a complete head opon Newgates shoulders

Also being old might not have decreased his DF powers at all.
    edit: Like War at Marineford: Twilight Zone Ed. haha
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 22, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: War at Marineford: Different Outcomes

Moderator message by: Uriel
    Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone has a better name for this thread, let me know.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would the outcome have been different if Bonney showed up at Marineford

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    Whitebeard in his prime? I would expect Ace to be alive and Marineford to be at the bottom of the sea.
    Don't think so.

Marine side barely unleashed their full power. Garp and Sengoku hardly did anything, not to mention shichibukai's top tier like Doflamingo and Kuma who didn't even try to attack WB at all. Mihawk tried once but he wasn't even serious at the time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kukriblades View Post
    Don't think so.

Marine side barely unleashed their full power. Garp and Sengoku hardly did anything, not to mention shichibukai's top tier like Doflamingo and Kuma who didn't even try to attack WB at all. Mihawk tried once but he wasn't even serious at the time.

So, he wanted to test his powers against WB, and you say he send his weakest attack for that ?

Obviously, his slash had some decent power in it, but I doubt he was 100% serious, but to say he wasn't serious at all, especially in front of WB is a little bit too much.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well actually i took Mihawks attack more of a warning fire to WB. Kinda like saying that the shichibukai were here and they were serious about fighting againts him... so it's wasn't anything near his stangest attack, Just enough to reach WB and to get his attention. Cause look at the attack he used to slice the ice mountain in half. something tells me that wasn't his 100% either but still fairly strong.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    So, he wanted to test his powers against WB, and you say he send his weakest attack for that ?

Obviously, his slash had some decent power in it, but I doubt he was 100% serious, but to say he wasn't serious at all, especially in front of WB is a little bit too much.
    Probably true. But what I'm trying to say is most of marine top tiers didn't go all out against WB Pirates (except Akainu). There's no guarantee he could trash marineford in his prime if marines went 100%.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard in his prime? I would expect Ace to be alive and Marineford to be at the bottom of the sea.
    Nah i doubt it. At that point I would expect Aokiji and Kizaru to quit screwing around and actually show some real interest in the war. The only Admiral that was even remotely serious was Akainu, Aokiji and Kizaru were mostly playing around with the Division Commanders and cracking jokes. And this isn't even taking into account Sengoku and Garp. Sengoku started to get into it a little bit before Shanks arrived, but Garp never did anything. Even WB in his prime probably couldn't have taken three Admirals and two former Admirals if the latter were all serious. The fact of the matter is that the only big name on the side of the Marines that was really serious during that war was Akainu.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda disagree with the notion that there were people at the war who were not taking it seriously. Didn't we see pretty much everyone dealing with their own stuff? There were times when we did not see certain characters however that does not mean they were idly seating around. I would think the more reasonable assumption of what a few high level characters were doing at specific points is leading the armies, in particular kizaru and aokiji, the VA and the commanders.

If WB had been at his peak rather than his old self I would think things would have gone dramatically different. He would have never taken a wound from squad and most likely not one of the admirals would have been able to hold his ground against him (they barely did so against old WB). Perhaps garp and sengoku would have been forced to action however that is not necessarily a good thing, specially early on. Garp and sengoku were pretty much planning everything while everyone was fighting, they were basically the leaders in many forms. If they got in the fight earlier the marines would have lost their leader and I would think that would have had a serious effect on the outcome of their initial plans. Heck, even with sengoku planing everything things did not quite go as planned.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I kinda disagree with the notion that there were people at the war who were not taking it seriously. Didn't we see pretty much everyone dealing with their own stuff? There were times when we did not see certain characters however that does not mean they were idly seating around. I would think the more reasonable assumption of what a few high level characters were doing at specific points is leading the armies, in particular kizaru and aokiji, the VA and the commanders.
    If people don't manage to even break a sweat let alone show real signs of being in a battle i think its safe to assume that they weren't taking those fights seriously due to their opponents being so far beneath them. Unless the definition of what real battle looks like has changed. What did Kizaru and Aokiji do? Kizaru was playing marksmen and cracking jokes while Aokiji spent as much time just freezing water as he did anything else. For them the war two years ago might have as well been just another day in their lives.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a Prime Whitebeard would be the strongest person on that battle field, Jozu & Marco's fights with Aokiji and Kizaru would've lasted because they wouldn't of been distracted and Whitebeard would be able to take out Akainu. Garp & Sengoku are the only real issue here, but I do believe that Ace would've been saved at the very least.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a Prime Whitebeard would be the strongest person on that battle field, Jozu & Marco's fights with Aokiji and Kizaru would've lasted because they wouldn't of been distracted and Whitebeard would be able to take out Akainu. Garp & Sengoku are the only real issue here, but I do believe that Ace would've been saved at the very least.
    1 vs 1 WB in his prime would have killed everyone else 1 vs 1 during that war. But that type of a battle scenario wouldn't have happened. Jozu got turned into a cube of ice in no time. While Kizaru was screwing around with Marco and everyone else he encountered. Lets be real here. All three Admirals alone would have demolished all of the WB pirates and their allies save for WB had they decided to fight seriously like Akainu did. Not once did Aokiji and Kizaru ever seem serious during that war, nor did they do anything to suggest otherwise. There wouldn't have even been any need for the VA's, Shichibukai, and other Marines had the Admirals been serious. All of them mainly acted as window dressing and some helped with the plot. But in terms of power, only one Admiral went to war. The other two were just taking a walk in the park. And this isn't even taking into account Sengoku and Garp, who also seemed to have done nothing during that war. Well Sengoku kind of got started. But Garp didn't.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

lots of u guys saying that marines didn't fight seriously but i like to say top marines and WB didn't fight with there full power i mean in ending of war WB divide Marineford in 2 and it dont like he can use that level attack only one time .
    about if Bonney have join war
    she make WB younger
    she make 3 admirals , garp and Sengoku kids or lot older
    do u guys think about marines have chance i mean look in the beginning of the war when WB use his attack all marines ware scared they only get there confidence back because Aokiji stop that attack
    the end of would be WB take ace back to home and celebrate his freedom
    about Aokiji and Kizaru were happy-go-lucky in the war i would like to say both of them have happy-go-lucky personality and Akainu have kill-u-kill-u personality so they fight like what there personality is
    (sorry if there any mistake my English is not good )

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2