Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean ass cool, cool ass clean.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teubier au rapport !

Well, thing is, I don't really leave the realm of Fantasy fiction to interact with reality. So it's pretty hard to think about it in 'reality' terms to me, and it's not the bokbunjajoo & yebisu flowing though my body that would disagree. But I guess it borders on feminism if you include those terms to the story.

...need music...

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

Spoiler: I look to you, saturated with desire, pouring up vibrations, stepping to the beat more and more. show
    Last edited by Teubier; January 15, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi fellow frenchy

Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    I like Durian. I'm sorta proud of it at the same time.

He where did you find it, it's really hard to find in France. I tasted it once in a journey in Asia. I don't remember it clearly but I did not dislike it. I tried to buy some dry one in a chinese store but the I didn't like the taste. I guess fresh is better.

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello k-dom,

A friend bought one at the Tang Frères store in Paris XIIIe (the biggest one located at avenue d'Ivry), but it was a few years ago already. I'm not 100 % sure that they still sell some nowadays -I used public transportations for my last trips there, so except for flavoured candy/wafer/ice cream... since I couldn't bring back the real fruit due to its smell, I did not think about making sure that they do-, but I believe that among Tang Frères & Paris Store, which is really close to T.F., there should be some available.

I didn't try it in it's dry form. *noted on the little book of to do things* But it's indeed probably far better fresh, from what I could grasp.

That must have been nice tasting this kind of food in this context where did you taste it ?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine is from indonesia and she invited us to her wedding there. They love durian there (it's even kind of addictive according to them) so I had to try :-)

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello k-dom,

A friend bought one at the Tang Frères store in Paris XIIIe (the biggest one located at avenue d'Ivry), but it was a few years ago already. I'm not 100 % sure that they still sell some nowadays -I used public transportations for my last trips there, so except for flavoured candy/wafer/ice cream... since I couldn't bring back the real fruit due to its smell, I did not think about making sure that they do-, but I believe that among Tang Frères & Paris Store, which is really close to T.F., there should be some available.

I didn't try it in it's dry form. *noted on the little book of to do things* But it's indeed probably far better fresh, from what I could grasp.

That must have been nice tasting this kind of food in this context where did you taste it ?
    I guess they would have kicked you out of the train/tram/bus/etc, if you would have had a fresh duran in your shopping bag
    "I grow on you like a fungus grows on a nail "

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    A friend of mine is from indonesia and she invited us to her wedding there. They love durian there (it's even kind of addictive according to them) so I had to try :-)
    It must have been very nice indeed, as must have been the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    I guess they would have kicked you out of the train/tram/bus/etc, if you would have had a fresh duran in your shopping bag
    Oh yes they would have, if not more... It can be truly nauseating to the uninitiated nose.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

so you like fruits which smell like dirty socks

and you're pround of it

nevertheless, I have to give you credits for your brave attitude

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

We are french, we already have smelly cheeses. A stinky fruit is no problem...

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Indeed, it helps a lot

Well, actually Ancy, while I like the smell of good old cheese, I'm not really fond of Durian's smell, it's its taste that appeals to me. I ate this once :

Spoiler: Durian paste show

Frankly, I was on the verge of when I opened it.

---------- Post added January 15, 2012 at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was January 14, 2012 at 03:12 PM ----------

Spoiler: When the music stops, I don't mind. Because the night, it all comes back to us, dreaming. show

Fin du message.
    Last edited by Teubier; January 16, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Fin du message.

are you shuuuree?

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

-Currently re-reading Claymore.
    Scanlations wise, I finished reading 'til the last (MR) chapter of Fist of the Blue Sky yesterday. Planning to read The Music of Marie and Kamisama no Iutoori next.
    -Righ handed.
    -All time favourite : Niki Larson (City Hunter) with Jackie Chan I've watched it probably a few hundred times since my first in 1995.
    Other favourites : all the Kim-Ki Duk & Kitano & H.Miyazaki & Wong Jing & Miki Satoshi movies, A Bittersweet Life, Man Bites Dog (Poelvoorde ), Lady Vengeance, Soulplane, The Taste of Tea, My Brother (Uri Hyeong), The Mask, Office Space, 2046, A Man Who Was Superman, Feathers In The Wind, Furyo, Green Snake, Zoo (2005, Japan), Love Exposure, 19 (2000, Japan), Madness in Bloom, Pusher (whole trilogy), Leaving Las Vegas, The Man From Earth, The Sunset Limited, Ink, London River, He Was A Quiet Man, Made In Britain, Quartier Lointain, Drive.

Might be a little too much... but that should give you a glimpse of how many movies I watched.
    Fist of the Blue Sky?? Ken Le Survivant? or is that Fist of the North Star?

Nice range of films you've seen there, what are your top 5 movies? that'd you'd never get bored of seeing.

And how did you find Drive? I really loved it and particularly the soundtrack. I love The Mask; one of the first films I saw in french; long time ago .

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    are you shuuuree?
    Yupyup, sure. I'm not stating that I won't let loose a few other signs from time to time, but this particular one is over.

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Fist of the Blue Sky?? Ken Le Survivant? or is that Fist of the North Star?
    Fist of the Blue Sky (2001+) is a prequel to Fist of the North Star (83-88). One of the most noticeable difference, imho, is the lighter tone, that is probably mainly due to the fact that it takes place in the 1930s and not in an post-apocalytpic world.

Quote Quote:
    Nice range of films you've seen there, what are your top 5 movies? that'd you'd never get bored of seeing.
    Thank you . I wouldn't get bored of seeing any of the movies I listed earlier, but if I have to give rise to five of those, then it would be :
    _ A Scene at the Sea by Takeshi Kitano. Probably the most soothing of the lot, not only did Joe Hisaishi orchestrate the Soundtrack, but there is also my favourite japanese actor playing (Susumu Terajima), and the sea...
    _ Made in Britain by David Leland & Alan Clarke. Tim Roth. And the theme is both powerful and inspiring to me.
    _ The Sunset Limited adapted by Tommy Lee Jones. McCarthy's book was brilliant, and TLJ adapted it almost perfectly imho. Another great theme, and two stunning actors (TLJ and Samuel L. Jackson) giving Life and Soul to it.
    _ Green Snake by Tsui Hark. Because of Joey Wong mainly, and because of the whole dreamy realm created.
    _ 2046 by Wong Kar Wai. Exactly like Green Snake, except 'Joey' becomes 'Faye'.

Quote Quote:
    And how did you find Drive? I really loved it and particularly the soundtrack. I love The Mask; one of the first films I saw in french; long time ago .
    I found it really, really good. Enough to go watch it a second time at the theater, and I almost never go to the theater. I learned about it at the end of 2010, and I was eager to watch it. Not only because of Ryan Gosling & Nicolas Winding Refn, whom are imho always good news for an incoming movie, but also and above all because of the soundtrack. Nightcall & A Real Hero are songs I knew beforehand (following the Valérie Collective since 2005~2006), so I expected a lot from Drive. It did not disappoint one bit.

Love The Mask too

Spoiler show

And french dubbing wasn't too shabby in the 90s.
    Last edited by Teubier; January 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Fist of the Blue Sky (2001+) is a prequel to Fist of the North Star (83-88). One of the most noticeable difference, imho, is the lighter tone, that is probably mainly due to the fact that it takes place in the 1930s and not in an post-apocalytpic world.
    Oh right, right makes sense.

Quote Quote:
    Thank you . I wouldn't get bored of seeing any of the movies I listed earlier, but if I have to give rise to five of those, then it would be :
    _ A Scene at the Sea by Takeshi Kitano. Probably the most soothing of the lot, not only did Joe Hisaishi orchestrate the Soundtrack, but there is also my favourite japanese actor playing (Susumu Terajima), and the sea...
    _ Made in Britain by David Leland & Alan Clarke. Tim Roth. And the theme is both powerful and inspiring to me.
    _ The Sunset Limited adapted by Tommy Lee Jones. McCarthy's book was brilliant, and TLJ adapted it almost perfectly imho. Another great theme, and two stunning actors (TLJ and Samuel L. Jackson) giving Life and Soul to it.
    _ Green Snake by Tsui Hark. Because of Joey Wong mainly, and because of the whole dreamy realm created.
    _ 2046 by Wong Kar Wai. Exactly like Green Snake, except 'Joey' becomes 'Faye'.
    I'll be sure to check out those films' synopsis and find a liking to any of them.

Quote Quote:
    I found it really, really good. Enough to go watch it a second time at the theater, and I almost never go to the theater. I learned about it at the end of 2010, and I was eager to watch it. Not only because of Ryan Gosling & Nicolas Winding Refn, whom are imho always good news for an incoming movie, but also and above all because of the soundtrack. Nightcall & A Real Hero are songs I knew beforehand (following the Valérie Collective since 2005~2006), so I expected a lot from Drive. It did not disappoint one bit.
    Ryan Gosling was really good in that film; one of his best roles imo. Those 2 songs are also my favourites and I need to get the album. I really liked the way the film was directed and the 80s feel to it. The Pace of the film was handled really well too, with the increase violence and the the music went well with it.

Quote Quote:
    Love The Mask too

Spoiler show

And french dubbing wasn't too shabby in the 90s.
    French dubbing for movies has never been a problem for me, the problem I found was in Anime that later when I learnt more about Japanese culture and a teeny bit about the language most of the stuff didn't make sense. Prime example is Fist of the Northern Star with the whole "Haut Couteau" business

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Ryan Gosling was really good in that film; one of his best roles imo. Those 2 songs are also my favourites and I need to get the album. I really liked the way the film was directed and the 80s feel to it. The Pace of the film was handled really well too, with the increase violence and the the music went well with it.
    I couldn't agree more, he's really good in Drive.
    What do you mean by "I need to get the album" ? Buying or dling ? Should it be the later, it shouldn't be too hard to find a working link (I'll check on mikkisays if some are still active).
    Refn did a great job indeed. And the violent scenes are something, he didn't compromise on it (heck, he never does, the Pusher trilogy is good example) which added a lot of intensity to the movie, given that most of the time it is kinda quiet (or should I say subtle). The 'quietness' of the soundtrack gave birth to a few awkward situations in the theater, both times

Quote Quote:
    French dubbing for movies has never been a problem for me, the problem I found was in Anime that later when I learnt more about Japanese culture and a teeny bit about the language most of the stuff didn't make sense. Prime example is Fist of the Northern Star with the whole "Haut Couteau" business
    Ahahah, yeah the dubbing for Ken le Survivant was completely nonsensical at times

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't agree more, he's really good in Drive.
    What do you mean by "I need to get the album" ? Buying or dling ? Should it be the later, it shouldn't be too hard to find a working link (I'll check on mikkisays if some are still active).
    Refn did a great job indeed. And the violent scenes are something, he didn't compromise on it (heck, he never does, the Pusher trilogy is good example) which added a lot of intensity to the movie, given that most of the time it is kinda quiet (or should I say subtle). The 'quietness' of the soundtrack gave birth to a few awkward situations in the theater, both times
    No, course I'll download it. I just keep forgetting to . I only saw it once in cinemas, but I also saw another film that same day. I can't remember the last film I saw twice in cinemas . Now whenever I go to the movies, I always watch 2 films in one night, so at least if the film is not up to my expectations, at least I get my money's worth

Quote Quote:
    Ahahah, yeah the dubbing for Ken le Survivant was completely nonsensical at times

You know, this video makes me laugh and feel shame at the same time I saw this is the first time a few years back cos my brother lives in Belgium and he's always sending me links to stupid videos like this.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast