Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean ass cool, cool ass clean.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Teubier au rapport !

Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking about when I saw how rain poured today, Uk's way of weather. And thanks. Apparently, according to the last news, they foresee something along the lines of mostly sunny for tomorrow, so yeah it should be nice, a good day for me to try to find french wine (Rosé if it's been imported around here) for the incoming day when I'll be 'cooking' them something (thinking about a mint/goat cheese omelette with a mixed salad if it's also a sunny day).
    That's nice, show them some french cuisine! I'm sure you should be able to find Rose there, it's not an uncommon type of wine. Today's been okay here in Birmingham weather-wise. Slight cold breeze but remained dry throughout which is always preferable.

Quote Quote:
    Ahahah indeed, but still my door is all bruised.
    Hohoho

Quote Quote:
    True, true. And busy is nice sometimes too, no?
    Well yeah this kind of busy was good, since I spend ages barbequeueing snd eating preparing the meats

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    That's nice, show them some french cuisine! I'm sure you should be able to find Rose there, it's not an uncommon type of wine.
    Not uncommon maybe, but here french is quite uncommon especially since it's kinda the countryside. But I found one bottle (I mean french Rosé, not something from south american countries, y'know...) that doesn't seem too shabby, called Le Parisien. The name is a joke, but it's from the Gironde, Parempuyre exactly, so while it will not be the best kind of rosé for sure (Côtes-de-Provence), it should be nice.

Quote Quote:
    Today's been okay here in Birmingham weather-wise. Slight cold breeze but remained dry throughout which is always preferable.
    I'm sorry to hear that it's still a bit cold, but yeah, dry makes it endurable indeed.

Quote Quote:
    Well yeah this kind of busy was good, since I spend ages barbequeueing and eating preparing the meats
    Barbecues! I see pork chops marinades and brochettes!

On another note, today was thoroughly sunny and an utterly awesome day. I'll post some pictures and maybe a vid or two, depending on how drank I am to avoid feeling silly as I post those vids.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ancy's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

.... yeshh let us see some of your vids
    "I fancy myself as a fine example of womanhood...
    the kind that clambers on a bike and rides off like John Wayne on a horse
    "

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty easy, I've posted some on youtube already. ^^ They are set to public viewing, so please be my guest (though from today's vids, there is only one where I speak english, and I might not be able to upload it tonight).

Edit : I won't be able to upload it tonight, so it's for tomorrow (in the morning or at lunch break, maybe).
    Last edited by Teubier; April 12, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand French too...but I can't really speak it....11 years of studying it went down the drain

I'll have a look when I get home

Edit: C'est luxe clip....is an eye delight..omelet, sashemi, sushi, fish...even kit kat.....I can see you're having a good time ...and enjoying the nice weather and the sea/ocean
    Last edited by Ancy; April 12, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
    "

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    I understand French too...but I can't really speak it....11 years of studying it went down the drain
    Eleven years ! If it's that much, it seems like it could mean that it wasn't really a choice in the first place, right? Like something imposed to the students by the Middle-High School (then College maybe) system within their cursus? It's really impressive anyway , as french is a stupidly bothersome language to learn. And I'm sure that you are too humble there.

Quote Quote:
    Edit: C'est luxe clip....is an eye delight..omelet, sashemi, sushi, fish...even kit kat.....I can see you're having a good time ...and enjoying the nice weather and the sea/ocean
    Indeed, I couldn't have hoped for an er day. Well, the overall ratio of work/delight days is still a bit too high from my perspective, and most importantly, it's organised in a way that it turns out to be very difficult to share some real quality time with both the hosts and the co-woofers, as none of us have a day off in common, and the hosts do not not take any day off themselves. Crazy people!
    Last edited by Teubier; April 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Not not.

Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a compulsory course (elementary school and high school). Started when I was 8..
    "

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Lame joke aside, I'm deeply sorry that you had to go through that awful course. English compulsory course makes sense, but french... nope, I don't get it.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

So, as written earlier...

Spoiler: For once. show

Spoiler: @Gats & anybody else interested ~ a few food pictures show

Spoiler: And a few other miscellaneous pictures show

12. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda jelly after seeing the miscellaneous pics ....so wanna be there

Ps: there is nothing to feel sorry about. Learning an additional language is beneficial for one's development. Besides, French is not a terrible. On the contrary, is the language of love . Yet, it did not stick to my brains cos of the resentment I had for my French teacher...he was a creepy guy, who asked us once to clean up a graveyard ...of course I skipped the class of the crazy guy who adored Tristan Tzara
    Last edited by Ancy; April 13, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
    "

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancy View Post
    I'm kinda jelly after seeing the miscellaneous pics ....so wanna be there
    Jelly don't please, and so do I.

Spoiler show

---------- Post added April 16, 2012 at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was April 14, 2012 at 03:42 PM ----------

Alguien que falta... Anyway...

Spoiler: ~ Random XX ~ show
    Last edited by Teubier; April 20, 2012 at 05:50 PM.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The misc pics are so beautiful, particularly the cherry blossom one

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been out of this thread too long, I missed your departure
    Gomenmasai, Gomenmasai

From the vids and photos everything looks fine. In which part of Japan are you exactly ? And from you first video, it really seems like Japanese don't like beaches. It reminds me the one in shikoku which was full of concrete too, although there was a wonderful elevator music in the background that you don't seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    Not uncommon maybe, but here french is quite uncommon especially since it's kinda the countryside. But I found one bottle (I mean french Rosé, not something from south american countries, y'know...) that doesn't seem too shabby, called Le Parisien. The name is a joke, but it's from the Gironde, Parempuyre exactly, so while it will not be the best kind of rosé for sure (Côtes-de-Provence), it should be nice.
    I wonder if they read "les gouttes de dieu" (forgot the japanese name) in Japan, it is supposed to be a big hit there too.

And have you got some day off for the golden week, anything planned ?

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I've been out of this thread too long, I missed your departure
    Gomenmasai, Gomenmasai
    Iie, iie, betsuni. ^^

Quote Quote:
    From the vids and photos everything looks fine. In which part of Japan are you exactly ? And from you first video, it really seems like Japanese don't like beaches. It reminds me the one in shikoku which was full of concrete too, although there was a wonderful elevator music in the background that you don't seem to have.
    Yupyup it is, overall it is grandiose. I'm currently in the Aichi prefecture, staying in Ehimacho to be precise.
    That depends, regarding their seeming lack of interest for beaches. Because the Uchinada beach (near Kanazawa), back in 2009, was attended by a lot of soothingly wishful japanese at the time. The video was taken during a workday, and the spot where I landed at seemed, given the road leading to it and the really tiny parking area nearby, like a more or less unknown spot, quite wild. There were silhouettes of people chilling to the far east (left of the camera's field of vision). Are there pictures of the beach from Shikoku that you took, somewhere on the internet?
    And elevator music? Sérieusly? Une plage hi-fi, ça c'est le l'luxe!

Quote Quote:
    I wonder if they read "les gouttes de dieu" (forgot the japanese name) in Japan, it is supposed to be a big hit there too.

And have you got some day off for the golden week, anything planned ?
    I'm pretty sure that they do, though I can't guarantee it, but given the interest that they have for wine, especially around the big cities, there is no way it wouldn't earn some hearty welcome in Japan.

I'm not involved by the Golden Week in any way I believe, as I'm living a rural way of life these three months, and if my next two hosts are acting the same way as this one, than they won't take any day off either, and so won't I (except for the one-day 'holiday' each week). It kinda follows the idea of grape harvest in France,, if you catch my drift, what I am doing here, except that they regard free time and leisure in a very specific manner in Japan.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Damn, Mikawa Bay's beach isn't really beautiful at day, but at night, furthermore while running under a gleaming starry sky with the nearby mountains covered by the weaks inhabitants lights' reflections upon a slight haze, all that bathed in music...

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have a friend who made a video but I would need a software to split it, anyone knows an easy one. I could also add the mythical moment of the wasp in the train, I just rewatch it and it was probably one of the most memorable moment of my travel there.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

In the end Windows movie maker did the job,
    Here is a link toward the first video. I promise I didn't add any sound
    I will add the second one as soon as I can upload again, it seems my connexion has a bug...

---------- Post added April 18, 2012 at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was April 17, 2012 at 07:21 PM ----------

Same link for the 2d video

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahahahah y défonce le conducteur, vrais conducteurs font vraies choses ! Impressive train driver! He is no joke.

Many thanks for these two vids k-dom! Beautiful places (and beach).

Japanese train near the lake / sea / ocean = Epic .

26. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast