Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will Sangeen ultimately die?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 66.67%
  • No

2 33.33%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 218 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 218 Review

A good full length Noblesse chapter to brighten up a terrible week. Why is this week terrible you ask? For those of you that haven't heard(or don't follow American Football) my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers lost to the Denver Broncos in the first round of the playoffs. And thanks to Tim Tebow I'm stuck hearing about all week. Which REALLY sucks. A lot.

Pretty straight forward review though. I should do a character spotlight for Tao but to be honest I just don't think there are any satisfactory images of him this week and I'm still feeling just slightly too depressed to go digging through old chapters for one. Sorry. Hopefully next week when the wound on my soul is less fresh.

Chapter Summary

Dude, we are soooo grounded...

This weeks starts with M-21, Tao, and Takeo standing before an unmasked Yontsu and Sangeen. Surprisingly it's Yontsu who speaks up and suggests that they stop here, since they don't want this fight to escalate further. Tao picks at them a little by asking if it's the KSA agents that don't want it to escalate and wants an explanation of their motives before they go. Yontsu bristles a bit at that and demands to know their motives for operating in her country. As the back and forth continues, Tao reveals that he knows that they are enhanced humans affiliated with the KSA; which alarms the agents and causes them to more strongly demand answers about why people like them have "infiltrated a school".

This talk of "infiltrating schools" however, starts to make M-21's "nasty temper" boil up again. So he cuts them off with "people like them don't deserve answers". Yontsu in turn starts to bristle at this and continues to demand answers. But Tao calls their bluff and suggests they report the incident and, by the agents reaction to this, confirms that they are not registered enhances humans; and calls them out on it. To further suggests that the best arrangements is for them all just to keep quiet about what they know. Since it's in nobody's best interest for their secrets to get out.

This still leaves the sticking point of them being at a school though, and Yontsu isn't willing to let that go; calling into question whether or not the students will be safe. M-21 snaps at this and pretty much yells at her that people who were trying to ruin young people's ordinary lives, by recruiting them into some secret program without their knowledge have no right to question anything. Seeing this emotional outburst both agents seem to accept that, whatever RK-4's motives, they are no threat to the students. Sangeen agrees to Tao's terms for now and they retreat. Leaving the RK-4 staring at the damage to the school and dreading the explanation they are going to have to give to a certain blonde fellow.

Back with at the site of the mess Rael caused, Yuri assigns 2 Cerberus people to stay with the KSA(the rasta-douche and guy with the huge nose); apparently wanting them there to "tame" the KSA. As Yuri shifts through the remains of the area he finds and earpiece belonging to Tao and notes that he is alive but lies to the Cerberus people about it.

Meanwhile back at the Frankenstein's house Tao and the others brief him and Raizel on the night's events, which Frankenstein seems to think worked out well. Then they break the news to him about the mess. He takes the news hard and has to sit down for a moment. Raizel gets up and pats him on the shoulder which probably help ease some of his sorrow.

Chapter Review

My insurance premium! NOOOOOOO!

Substance
    This chapter the KSA agents and RK-4 reached an uneasy truce. Both have realized that fighting the other is just not in their vested interests at the moment. While not exactly a warm relationship, seems likely to get a lot closer fast. Everybody knows the old adage "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", with Cerberus and Yuri being antagonistic with the KSA, the RK-4 are going to look more and more appealing to the agents as allies.

On the Cerberus side of things, it's going to be interesting to see what Yuri's goal in all this actually is. He knows about Frankenstien as well as Tao and Takeo but says nothing of it. Clearly he has some sort of plan, and doesn't seem to be terrified of having Cerberus bumble into "Wrathful God" class opponents like Frankenstein and Raizel. I hope he actually does have a goal and isn't just "Kabuto-ing" his way around.

Presentation
    Artistically solid, thought not nearly as impressive as last week. Which isn't really surprising since the chapter was entirely dialogue and in such chapters the emphasis tends to shift almost entirely to relatively subtle things; facial expressions, how characters hold themselves, etc. Lots of expressiveness out of M-21 again too, which i liked.

The conversation itself was longer than it had to be but in this case I think that was for the best, since that drawn out dialogue created some nice windows for us to gain insight into what the various characters are thinking. So none of it was really wasted.

Final Rating
    A very enjoyable dialogue focused chapter. Certainly not as exciting as last week but still good in it's own way.

I give it a 4 out of 5.

My Predictions
    • Sangeen is going to be killed by Cerberus.

My Previous Predictions(Current record 7-8)

"Next chapter will mainly be storytelling Q & A as the RK-4 share their unlovely past with the Union."
    False - I wasn't far off the mark really, but they never got to specifics about why they are no friends of the Unions. So I lose.

"Yontsu will come out of this fight with a positive opinion of M-21 and knowledge of his powers"
    True - It may be a tad generous to give this one to myself due to the "positive opinion of him" part, but I think she does respect M-21 a bit now. As I think her agreeing to leave them alone at the school shows a degree of trust that he isn't the kind of person that is out to harm the students. It's weak...but I'll take it!

"Frankenstein will expel the agents from the school but they will not give up pursuing Shin Woo."
    False - The plot just didn't got this way. I think the Yontsu and Sangeen are pretty much done with that for now.

Spoiler: Ongoing show

Thread Question of the Week
    What is Yuri trying to achieve here?
    Last edited by Jammin; January 10, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 218 Review

@ Jammin I may be Crazy(exausted after a long day of work & driving ) but it was the big chocolate who stayed at the KSA HQ...not the red haired woman.....maybe the fatigue of supporting your team lol,Sweet dream I mean good night.
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Dog View Post
    @ Jammin I may be Crazy(exausted after a long day of work & driving ) but it was the big chocolate who stayed at the KSA HQ...not the red haired woman.....maybe the fatigue of supporting your team lol,Sweet dream I mean good night.
    Ah I see your correct.

Looks like it's Rasta-Douche and the man with the big nose. Thanks for pointing that out. It has been remedied.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I believe that Yuri trys to find out who made all that mess, as this is his task. But he must be really sharp to find something like earphone out of the blue !!!
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review again Jammin.

He is only working to advance Crombell which seems to be his main goal over everything. At this point, I'm really curious to see how their relationship came about. As to what he will do with the investigation, I'm not sure yet but he's pretty much figured out who was responsible to a large degree.

I voted Sangeen is not going to die in the poll. If anyone dies, my feeling is that it would be Yonsu? Well... if that were the case, I can see Sangeen attempting to save here. I guess it could go either way in a death situation.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

On the Cerberus side of things, it's going to be interesting to see what Yuri's goal in all this actually is. He knows about Frankenstien as well as Tao and Takeo but says nothing of it. Clearly he has some sort of plan, and doesn't seem to be terrified of having Cerberus bumble into "Wrathful God" class opponents like Frankenstein and Raizel. I hope he actually does have a goal and isn't just "Kabuto-ing" his way around.
    From his knowledge of previous battles with Frank and info on DA-5 destruction by his friends, I think he didn't really know more than just Takeo and Tao who survived from that fight with DA-5 and that Frank is the main boss. He doesn't seem to know about Rai, though he might know about the nobles? He does seem like he has some plans; or else he wouldn't be so laid-back and happy. XD Nevertheless Yuri is the kind of character with an ability of putting good mask so who knows what goes inside his head. :P

Hard to say. I don't really believe that he has the motives of trying to do this so that his image would be raised; he seems content of what he has at the moment and served Crombel happily. Nothing much I could think of, therefore. ^^;

As for the poll, I would so much hope no one would die. :P Too many deaths lately, and besides the fall of the enemies, I would hate to see any character die. XD

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply