Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Nisemonogatari

  1. #1
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Nisemonogatari



    Nisemonogatari
    Genre: Supernatural, Slice of Life, Comedy
    Studio: SHAFT
    Director: Shinbo Akiyuki
    Starring: Kamiya Hiroshi as Araragi Koyomi, Iguchi Yuka as Araragi Tsukihi, Kitamura Eri as Araragi Karen

    The black swindler Kaiki Deishu, who once deceived Hitagi, returns to town and spreads the incantation which cursed Nadeko before.

    Koyomi's sisters Karen and Tsukihi try to capture Deishu but...

    Sequel to Bakemonogatari


    Fans of 2009's Bakemonogatari will love Nisemonogatari, which picks up right where the former left off. The story proper will not begin until episode two but episode one is full of enough witty dialog, eye popping animation, and comedy to make this an insanely entertaining thirty minutes.

  2. #2
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nisemonogatari

    Ah, Koyomi is back! It's kinda interesting that it starts with Mayoi-Koyomi's conversation.

  3. #3
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nisemonogatari

    Yeah, that was an odd way to start the series. Good thing that the word play was typically exceptional. I liked episode 2 a little bit more, and not just for the excessive fan service. The conversation with Kanbaru was hilarious, particularly Koyomi's commentary on her BL collection.

  4. #4
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Nisemonogatari

    Yep. LOL~ Now he knows better than to tease Kanbaru like that.

  5. #5
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Second season is finished. I enjoyed this one every bit as much as the previous season. I particularly loved that the whole season managed to keep the central "Fake" theme.

    Shinobu has become a great character too. She was fully as entertaining as Senjougahara, Kanbaru, and the rest; and in her teenage body apparently can even make pink donut shop sweatshirt look badass.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  6. #6
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Second season is finished. I enjoyed this one every bit as much as the previous season. I particularly loved that the whole season managed to keep the central "Fake" theme.

    Shinobu has become a great character too. She was fully as entertaining as Senjougahara, Kanbaru, and the rest; and in her teenage body apparently can even make pink donut shop sweatshirt look badass.
    Yep I enjoyed it too despite episode 9th. It seems there is a little problem with the pacing with the immortal bird arc. The plot was very slow at the beginning, then it went quite fast. Well the whole serie strength is their characters and their interaction rather than the plot itself.
    Great development of Shinobu.

    As I said somewhere else, Senjougahara is cutter with short hair but a bit less sexy.
    Last edited by Gats; March 18, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

  7. #7
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    I wonder why all the girls cut their hair short?

    Anyway, Shinobu has become a great character. Total badass. Love it.

    But somehow, I still like Bakemonogatari better... Nisemonogatari is too disturbing for me and I don't really get the point of the whole story.

    Oh, and is it over? I thought there are still two eps left.

  8. #8
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I wonder why all the girls cut their hair short?

    Anyway, Shinobu has become a great character. Total badass. Love it.

    But somehow, I still like Bakemonogatari better... Nisemonogatari is too disturbing for me and I don't really get the point of the whole story.

    Oh, and is it over? I thought there are still two eps left.
    It's a way to say they move on.

    But in Karen's case I'm not sure. It was totally random.

    The thing is Bakemonogatari had many more arc stories while Nisemonogatari only had one. So when we watch Nisemonogatari, it feels like (well, it's truly the case actually) that the plot is moving very slowy. A lot more of fan service.

  9. #9
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    It's a way to say they move on.

    But in Karen's case I'm not sure. It was totally random.

    The thing is Bakemonogatari had many more arc stories while Nisemonogatari only had one. So when we watch Nisemonogatari, it feels like (well, it's truly the case actually) that the plot is moving very slowy. A lot more of fan service.
    The fan service was overdone in my opinion and I also wasn't a huge fan of how the last episode was animated. But those things aside I pretty much liked the way Nisemonogatari was set up. It had 2 arcs, Karen Bee and Tsukihi phoenix, and I don't think either had particularly crisp pacing; but everything fit into the greater theme of being 'Fakes".

    As for the short hair thing. I know it's supposed to represent the characters moving on in one sense or another, Senjougahara more or less spelled that out early on, but I don't really think the look suits any of them to be honest. Especially Senjougahara.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  10. #10
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    The fan service was overdone in my opinion and I also wasn't a huge fan of how the last episode was animated. But those things aside I pretty much liked the way Nisemonogatari was set up. It had 2 arcs, Karen Bee and Tsukihi phoenix, and I don't think either had particularly crisp pacing; but everything fit into the greater theme of being 'Fakes".

    As for the short hair thing. I know it's supposed to represent the characters moving on in one sense or another, Senjougahara more or less spelled that out early on, but I don't really think the look suits any of them to be honest. Especially Senjougahara.
    Even Tsubasa ? Short hair suits her very well.

    Another point, I'm not sure I understood Kaiki, did he pushed his former comrade to Koyomi's sister in order to teach her a lesson since he knows Koyomi would handle it well...Or is he really an asshole ?

    I mean, by some weird coincidence, he was at the same place as Koyomi to bring him intel at the very right moment. And knowing his past, it's like that he was a fake con in a way actually. -_-'

    A little tribute to Shinobu, for some reason I love her voice and the way she talks. <3
    Spoiler show

  11. #11
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I wonder why all the girls cut their hair short?

    Anyway, Shinobu has become a great character. Total badass. Love it.

    But somehow, I still like Bakemonogatari better... Nisemonogatari is too disturbing for me and I don't really get the point of the whole story.

    Oh, and is it over? I thought there are still two eps left.
    I would say the point was that something being "Fake" doesn't determine it's value but instead it's value is determined by what it does.
    • Like Karen tries to be a hero of justice and even though she isn't the fact that she tries to so hard to be that gives her value even above the real thing.
    • Or Tsukihi who isn't really Araragi's sister yet because she believes herself to be carries the same value as if she was.
    • Or Kaiki who is a con man who doesn't even believe in his own knowledge or ability and thus makes his abilities worth less than Kagenui and Oshino; even though his knowledge is the real thing.

    And I totally agree on Shinobu. She reminds me of a slightly more deadly Holo from Spice and Wolf.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Even Tsubasa ? Short hair suits her very well.
    I would say it suits her by far the best but if she ever goes monster cat again it's going to cause some significant esthetical problems. With Senjougahara she looks a lot more normal with short hair and that's a problem for me. The words "Senjougahara" and "normal" should never be in the same sentence. Not that the animators had much choice I believe the series is based on light novels so if that's what happens in the novels then they have to do it. Still I find it regrettable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Another point, I'm not sure I understood Kaiki, did he pushed his former comrade to Koyomi's sister in order to teach her a lesson since he knows Koyomi would handle it well...Or is he really an asshole ?

    I mean, by some weird coincidence, he was at the same place as Koyomi to bring him intel at the very right moment. And knowing his past, it's like that he was a fake con in a way actually. -_-'
    I think he was being an asshole. I mean, remember he doesn't believe in the supernatural so by his reasoning he was lying to Kagenui even though he was telling her the truth.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 20, 2012 at 04:29 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  12. #12
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    It's a way to say they move on.
    LOL~ Here in my country, if girls cut their hair short, they will be asked if they just broke up with her boyfriend or they got rejected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    But in Karen's case I'm not sure. It was totally random.
    She is random.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    The thing is Bakemonogatari had many more arc stories while Nisemonogatari only had one. So when we watch Nisemonogatari, it feels like (well, it's truly the case actually) that the plot is moving very slowy. A lot more of fan service.
    I agree with you on that.

    ---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    As for the short hair thing. I know it's supposed to represent the characters moving on in one sense or another, Senjougahara more or less spelled that out early on, but I don't really think the look suits any of them to be honest. Especially Senjougahara.
    Yeah, I miss Senjougahara's long hair.

    ---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Even Tsubasa ? Short hair suits her very well.
    I think any kind of hairstyle will suit Tsubasa. She's beautiful that way.

    ---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I think he was being an asshole. I mean, remember he doesn't believe in the supernatural so by his reasoning he was lying to even though he was telling Kagenui the truth.
    I second your opinion. He may look harmless but he's quite cunning.

  13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #13
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I would say it suits her by far the best but if she ever goes monster cat again it's going to cause some significant esthetical problems. With Senjougahara she looks a lot more normal with short hair and that's a problem for me. The words "Senjougahara" and "normal" should never be in the same sentence. Not that the animators had much choice I believe the series is based on light novels so if that's what happens in the novels then they have to do it. Still I find it regrettable.

    I think he was being an asshole. I mean, remember he doesn't believe in the supernatural so by his reasoning he was lying to even though he was telling Kagenui the truth.
    For some reason I feel that Tsubasa's hair would just grow back if she is in cat mode. Totally random but it sounds very plausible.

    But yeah I'll miss Senjougahara's long hair.

    About Kaiki : my point is that he made me feel that he lied when he said he doesn't believe in supernatural. Remember when he said that his Bee fever was just some kind of hypnotism trick ? Yet he felt Koyomi's weird presence, he felt something in Kanbaru's house, and the ghostbuster girl (already forgot the name) identified Karen as hornet girl. Which leads us to think that it was actually the real deal.

  15. #14
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    About Kaiki : my point is that he made me feel that he lied when he said he doesn't believe in supernatural. Remember when he said that his Bee fever was just some kind of hypnotism trick ? Yet he felt Koyomi's weird presence, he felt something in Kanbaru's house, and the ghostbuster girl (already forgot the name) identified Karen as hornet girl. Which leads us to think that it was actually the real deal.
    Kaiki is hard to decipher but the way I see it he was the real thing, he just didn't think he was, and that's what made him so dangerous. His belief that supernatural stuff wasn't real allowed him to shed any sense of responsibility for what he was doing.

    So the only thing that made him a fake was that is what he choose to believe, if any of that makes sense.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #15
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [Featured] Nisemonogatari

    The good news is there are plenty of novels which are the sequels of this serie. Which means, hopefully, several more seasons !

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts