Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this week's chapter

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic

14 12.84%
  • Good

39 35.78%
  • Average

33 30.28%
  • Bad

23 21.10%
New Reply
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 480 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 480 Discussion / 481 Predictions

As much as I like the Fullbring arc minus the rushed ending I'm glad to see that we're finally getting back to fighting Hollows.

Also if Quincy are the enemy then who's side will Uryu be on? Also how did they survive the extermination?

Would be cool if Kubo somehow ties the Fullbring arc with this one.

I think Ichigo will also have to worry about Soul Society. They don't seem to trust him so much anymore.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    It's less about the last arc than the expected conclusion talk with the Gotei 13 of which we have seen nothing at all. Yeah he can implement that later on, but what about Karen, now that Ichigo is a Shinigami again. Didn't he talk to her, what happened? It's those basic questions that may have angered the fans.

Don't want to see the Quincy as the last enemy too, what about the real hell not the weird one from the movie, what about the King? I hope it's finally time for a history class.
    Don't worry, although this is officially the last arc it'll no doubt be Arrancar Arc length, and going by what Kubo has said before it'll be even longer. The Quincy will either be a plot device for stronger villains to appear or be the actual final main villains which I somehow doubt. What I see happening is that these revenge hungry Quincy will throw Soul Society into chaos by upsetting the balance between the material world and Soul Society by erasing too many Hollows. This will result in a greater crisis than what Aizen ever managed to unleash because Soul Society in itself will be thrown into chaos to a much larger and more serious degree than fighting a few Captains ever did. This will force the Zero Squad to dispatch (going by what Kubo said in the Repeat & Reboot volume), which in turn will bring about the true villains, or at least the full group of villains. The balance being disrupted will likely allow for uncommon things to happen, like the gates to Hell breaking or something similar. Kubo said that the villains will start off few in numbers like we saw in this week's cover, and become more numerous later on. Which means that these guys will join forces with someone later. For example Vasto Lordes or an unknown force from Hell and/or the Royal Realm.

Also, chill out people. This is the first chapter of an arc. Criticism is allowed but no bashing please.
    Last edited by 3c; February 08, 2012 at 01:19 PM.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    They don't seem to trust him so much anymore.
    If anything they trust him more than ever before, which lead for their project of reviving his Shinigami powers. That was the point of the last arc.

Didn't Tite write that SS will get attacked? I asume they will get attacked first or be in the center of destruction because of the disequilibrium between the souls on both dimensions, which will lead to an intervention from the Royal Guard and their introduction. Many stretched fights later they will combine their forces to fight hell.

edit: Seems like we had the same in mind 3c. :P
    Last edited by Schabrak; February 08, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good chapter. I honestly didn't see any issue with Yuki and Shino being sent to Karakura Town. From the looks of things, it seem like Hollows from all over the world were disappearing, not simply in the town so one would think that Soul Society was probably low on usable manpower. And the Hollows that attacked the two reminded me of those that were used to by Aizen, the special ones that couldn't be detected. If they are in fact those kind, then it would explain why Soul Society didn't know how dangerous things were gonna end up. Anyway, since Ichigo has come to the rescue, I doubt that Yuki will die. Don't know about Shiro considering her condition, though hopefully she survives too.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member julian ross's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Another arc, and this time the Final arc. I just dont see Bleach ending at all XD But like so many here speak, this arc will be even bigger than the arrancar arc, so expect ate least 6 mouths for it to get fully interesting...
    Apart from the greats questions that will be solved, the thing that i really want to see is really the final major enemy... who the hell will it be? and Kubo has to answer why it didn't appear in Aizen Saga... Someone even more powerful than Aizen pops up out of nothing like that? the only ones that we know possibly stronger than that, are Royal Guard and King. So i really expect a explanation from Kubo about this one... what concept will it create for the final enemy..
    But then again we are talking about the same guy who creates Fullbringers out of nothing so... what the hell was Ginjou doing when Aizen was destroying Karakura? loooooooool

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hrathgrath's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So it turns out the Quincy are coming back!! Thats pretty damned awesome. Something I didn't see coming in the slightest! I hope the royal guard pop up either way, but still. I bet those bodies mayuri found were quincy bodies! Anyway, looks like it's going to be a badass "really long (last) arc" of bleach!
    Each click for these guys is a level! Click and they will EVOLVE!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually highly doubt that this is the quincys doing, like ive said before, per Mayuris words, only ones who can completely extinguish hollows are hollows. But that can be interpreted in different ways. Such as him talking about Vasto Lordes.

IMO it would be cheesy if Quincy somehow appeared out of nowhere. We were told that they all were exterminated save 3, and now only 2 remain. Ryuuken said he had his own supply of Quincy equipment so another person supplying them to him would seem odd.

I just hope its Vasto Lordes and people from another dimension.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter, like where things are going.

It seems mayuri is going to get a nice sweat lol. Wondering why exactly he would know who the enemy is or even if he is right though. We know this regarding mayuri and the 12th division:

Mayuri was a shinigami over 112 years ago (otherwise there would be no reason for him to be at the maggots nest, he wouldn't have been a potentially dangerous shinigami)
    At some point before that he was sent to the maggots nest
    112 years ago he was recruited from the maggots nest by urahara

Now, this gives us a fairly wide margin of from when mayuri could know this guys...

Now, the issue here is that the hollow disappearances reek of quincy to say the very least. Heck, they have killed from what they showed us but a few hundred hollows and there is already risk of SS dripping into the real world... If the sectors keep appearing that way then odds are several thousand hollows have died. I find this very interesting and perhaps even further justifies what SS did to the quincy. If only a couple thousand hollows can make this huge a difference in the balance it shows how delicate it is and how much of a hazard an imbalance is. Perhaps SS has been more lenient than we thought and they kept hollows at a minimum just for the safety of humans....

Now, the big issue with this being a quincy related act.... Quincy are not numerous. How could uryu and his dad do this? Not only it is obvious they are unrelated to this but it is also obvious they would not be able to do this even if they wanted to considering the number places and number of hollows. Perhaps this guys are not quincy themselves but rather have quincy related powers?

Now, the title of the arc is meaningful in itself. The thousand year blood war.... This would suggest this is in itself an ancient conflict which the gotei 13, one that given mayuri's reaction would have been expected. Would it be possible that the gotei 13 itself was created for this sole war? Now, one of the first pages also called this the final holy war.... A holy war is by definition a war for god (or perhaps against god?). The mass murdering of the hollows is a threat to reality itself as we have seen. Now, what could its purpose be. It could one or two things (or both) IMO. First to show SS that they are there and are about to attack. Second it is a direct threat to the king who is supposed to be what holds reality together according to urahara (the lynchpin as he called him).

Now, there is still the issue of what this guys are.... Their similarity to the quincy is obvious however it makes no sense that they are quincy at all. Perhaps they are related to quincy though. What if this ancient guys are the ones who taught the quincy their skills, hence the similarity in their powers. Perhaps the quincy themselves were created for their own purposes under the guise of defending them from hollows. This arc is going to be extremely personal for uryu.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

its sad to know that Bleach is in its last arc but it is going to be a long one so thats not too bad. I like the simple reintroduction into the shingami and hollows nothing too flashy but there is emphasis on the importance of these events. I dont think the enemy of this arc is going to be the quincy, no name was specified, if that were the case the enemy would of been named.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when aizen was defeated there was an interview where kubo said bleach had another 10 years before the end. He also said there was going to be a short arc followed by a long one. We already had a short 1 year arc which is going to be followed by a long one, perhaps between 8 and 9 years.... It does not feel like we are getting any closer to the end (unlike with naruto).

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did I have to set my expectations so high?Meh.Damn you, Kubo.
    Chapter was seriously dissapointing.Everything felt like copy/paste.First pages: Emergency situation. Then: lovely character build-up only to have them almost killed.Shock Horror.Last but not least: the totally unpredictable appearance of Ichigo.
    I'm not trying to ruin the mood here,but I expected so much more.I mean,it's not even a solid beginning.It was simply crap.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

now that i think about it with all the quincy talk, i always kinda wished Ichigo would have lost (even just if it seems that way at the time, like 'died' for a few chapters when he was fighting Aizen the last time, because if there's one person who's been consistent about how they feel about Shinigami its Ryuken, and fact is he should have been still alive and awake in the Real KT just like Ichigo's friends....but he's always said he wouldnt have interfered in Shinigami affairs....however were Ichigo to have lost.....would he have stepped in to finnish off Aizen? (tho im sure easier said than done, i just get that feeling of ridiculous power from that guy)

as for these current enemies it does seem to point to Quincies.....but here's my issue with all that

would Tite Kubo have his manga, which has for the most part been all about Kurosaki Ichigo, end in a final arc that isnt centered around him, or his family background...unlikely no?

so i conclude that either these arent Quincy as we know them to be, what i mean there is, ppl die and sometimes they end up as Hollows, now if all these Quincy were murdered however many centuries ago....blah blah blah...what im trying to get at here is could they be Hollowfied Quincies with revenge on their minds? its a stretch i realise this but thats one option, however like i said that sorta takes the focus off the main character since it would seem to be more about Ishida and his father's past

OR

as many of us suspected Hisana was indeed a Quincy? which would bring back the focus to Ichigo, the main character....those seem to be the only options imo if the quincies are involved but of course the hollow Quincy thing is still a stretch, its just that its hard to imagine a bunch of Quincy all near the level of Ichigo's full power without any sort of power modification to them

perhaps Szael was working on combining Quincy abilities with Hollow ones, since Aizen already had his mind set to Shinigami-Hollow tests...who knows and where would Zero squad fit into this? there's alot of loose ends to tie up here for him to be claiming its the final arc i can't see how all these unfinished stories, that dont necessarily have anything to do with each other, will tie in. Even in the interview he said some of the Arrancar would show, so then i'm left to assume this ice place is under HM cuz i think its likely that say Neliel shows up and i cant see her showing up in the real world anyways

alot of loose ends to tie into one thing, so clearly even if these Enemies ARE the Quincy, this may not be the full story of this arc
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; February 08, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I actually highly doubt that this is the quincys doing, like ive said before, per Mayuris words, only ones who can completely extinguish hollows are hollows. But that can be interpreted in different ways. Such as him talking about Vasto Lordes.

IMO it would be cheesy if Quincy somehow appeared out of nowhere. We were told that they all were exterminated save 3, and now only 2 remain. Ryuuken said he had his own supply of Quincy equipment so another person supplying them to him would seem odd.

Quincy completely erase Hollows with their techniques.

I don't agree about it being cheesy and not making sense. It's totally believable that Soul Society would regard them as extinct as it's believable that they can't keep track of every single Quincy. That a small group remain is totally within the realm of possibility, and like we've seen before Quincy have little to spare for Shinigami. These guys could be old enough to have been in the battles where the Quincy were being exterminated, hence the strong hatred they possess towards Soul Society. This is actually a very believable villain group and totally not an ass pull, which is a positive factor. It would have been awful if Kubo introduced Aizen level villains out of nowhere, but Quincy already have a believable resent towards Shinigami and anti-Soul Society motive that was established in the start of the story, as well as believable equal power levels to Shinigami. If we go by Ryuuken, it looks like he's pretty close to Isshin in terms of power, as they act like equals. Ishida is a sad excuse for a Quincy, sadly, but that these guys are Captain level is full within the realm of possibility.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

final arc?? aww kubo lost his job these last 3 weeks. well dont write a crappy fullbring arc lol This chapter showing random crappy shinigami was pointless. the last page was the intro. lol

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    That woudln't make any sense because if a hollow eats the hollow the souls merge and don't vanish...

New Reply
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast