Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Post a Meme in the thread if you're happy after this chapter.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • F**K YEAH!

19 52.78%
  • I wont. But I'm deeply happy anyway, Mr.

17 47.22%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 332 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 332 Discussion / 333 Prediction

Well... they built this chapter so much around Leorio becoming the chairman that I have the feeling that Parriston will somehow win...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNTER X HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNTER! <3 I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU.

So, where to start.
    All Zodiacs were surprised. I liked that. Chidol finally decided to go wild and make a movement completely unexpected. Pariston face was priceless. He did not lost his calm, but it was clear how much it changed his plans.
    If Ging was able to predict that much by just letting him getting hit by Leorio then all I said about him was completely right. It did not have any sense for someone like him to not see that punch and just avoid it. He did it on purpose and even able to make Leorio the wildcard somewhat anticipated.
    If that's the case, I fear for Leorio after seeing Ging's face after all these movements by the dog.
    Fun note, Pariston is smiling when Bunny is shouting at Leorio xD

I liked a lot Leorio's Speech. It said exactly what He needed to become a chairman in the most honest way there is. And all those Hunters in the background were also cool to see. I love when Togashi draws them because somehow make them all unique and not just fodder ninjas lied there (ahem). Well, I admit He has some clothing themes already destined for them, but still.

And Am I the only one that did not got well the Alluka Nanika rules when She is sleeping? And if Killua KNOWS that Tsubone is the peeping tom, then WHY He does things so evidently? Is there something more He only knows?

Leorio surprise face worth an avatar. Both on page 16 and 15.

And last page made me all excited. FINALLY :O
    Well Pariston not smiling is more like now he will be serious, instead of just joking around.

I don't think Gin planned all that. A lot of about Hunters is all instinct. It must be something he felt that was right, i.e. this kid has potential. He didn't even say he had an idea of how to actually stop Pariston, and originaly he told Chidol they were pretty much doomed anyway (i.e. perpetual stalemate until X day). It's the same way how he asks Razor to go all out on Gon. It's not like he could possibly extrapolate how strong his son is going to be at the time he ran into Razor, but obviously Gin figured his son can pull it off just because he's his son, not because he has it all planned out.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

The whole bit about Alluka/Nanika is very confusing. I read the Japanese and all the translations and nothing really made much sense to me, which is why I only put the part I knew for sure (when Nanika is asleep, Alluka is awake). I mean, I know Killua's trying to describe the condition where Alluka is present and Nanika is not, but it's still confusing.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 332 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I think the biggest issue here is that the little that Pariston knows Leorio, will be trouble for him. He knows that He's a deep friend of Gon, son of Ging. He knows his technique and and that He's a doctor. It screams EVERYWHERE altruism. Something I feel it's not so much His own philosophy xD

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Chapter is out. Took my breath away. I wont post anything else until someone else posts something here. Just to share my fanboy screaming with anyone.
    I am starting to think that Leorio might actually be the most similar to Netero compared to all the other candidates. I guess its because we start seeing Leorio's more candid side rather than the old guy around Gon & Killua or balancing act with Kurapika that he actually does resemble Netero in his own way, including the fact that he's a lecher. Moreover, Netero was a man heavily supported by very competent staff since the guy most of the time just played around in the organization. Leorio may not have the strength of Netero but he might be the closest to a spiritual successor.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what i don't get is, why does everyone hates Pariston? of all the 4 candidates i think he's 2nd best ( behind cheadle who seems to be very responsible).

Pariston
    - he seems responsible
    - matured / experienced
    - have a lot of loyal supporters
    - he's cunning
    Last edited by kulugo; January 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter although I did not quite understand the last part of the explanation regarding alluka's ability.

Anyways, next chapter pariston is definitely going to tell everyone to vote for leorio. It is the best way to cut his loses. I mean, leorio is the only one among the candidates who had so much as a shred of integrity and I would think a bunch of missfit individualistic selfish bastards like the hunters would appreciate that a tiny bit to say the least. It is not like netero was not an individualistic selfish missfit who used the organization for his amusement so things are not quite bad either. I doubt there is a speech pariston can use to turn things around. He'd been had and he never saw it coming. Amazingly, gin is the only one who got his way, talk about oozing awesomeness. He mind-raped over 600 hunters right there and then lol.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

So how is Killua going to ensure Nanika never appears again now that Illumi really wants to use this power of hers? I just can't see Illumi giving up so easily on such an unbelievable power for the sake of keeping his sister Alluka there permanently, someone whom he will never accept her existence alone without the wildcard personality in Nanika.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't think Gin planned all that. A lot of about Hunters is all instinct. It must be something he felt that was right, i.e. this kid has potential. He didn't even say he had an idea of how to actually stop Pariston, and originaly he told Chidol they were pretty much doomed anyway
    Might not be true. Just as Ging says Pariston knows how to read Chidol and predict how she will act Ging too might know how Pariston acts and thus come up with a plan based on his prediction and knowledge. Heck he's already shown us he knows exactly how each of the Zodiac members acts when he revealed to Beans his plans for the election.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Might not be true. Just as Ging says Pariston knows how to read Chidol and predict how she will act Ging too might know how Pariston acts and thus come up with a plan based on his prediction and knowledge. Heck he's already shown us he knows exactly how each of the Zodiac members acts when he revealed to Beans his plans for the election.
    He said he was going on a journey because the outcome has already been decided, since he foresaw a stalemate, i.e. he can't do anything about it. That's why he said it's bad when they all get locked in the room (ensuring that a stalemate cannot happen).

I mean honestly Gin is not some kind of mastermind who outthinks everyone. He is just eccentric, and Chidol criticized him saying that his plan is just saying the obvious after the result is known. Anyone can say 'surprise Pariston early and win' but that doesn't mean they can pull it off. Even if someone did such a plan, it's likely Pariston would've countered it anyway since you're not going to suddenly just get 50% of the votes without doing something noticeable.

In fact Gin is saying it's bad precisely because things didn't go as planned. If Pariston got his stalemate, presumably he's a good sports about winning. We can at least rule out stuff like killing the losers and that kind of stuff. He's said to be like Netero in terms of seeking a challenge so most likely he'll simply keep all those he defeated around as a source of amusement when he wins. Now that he's not going to win, that's when things could get dangerous since we really have no idea what Pariston might do to get a victory.

Pariston, Gin, and Netero are all basically same kind of people. They seek a challenge and want to keep their opponent around for amusement. So at some level it is easy for them see each other's moves because they just have to think 'what would I do here?'. Given their personality, even if they knew the enemy knew their moves, they'd welcome it because that means now there is a bigger challenge. That said Leorio is pretty much outside of anyone's plan, Gin or Pariston. Gin may have saw his potential but he didn't think he was going to win (he thought Chidol would lead but get into a stalemate), and certainly Pariston didn't expect Leorio to win. So, now we're in unknown territory and that's why Gin said it's 'bad', because Gin has no idea what Pariston might do if he's going to lose the election. In fact, Gin says he's not out to change the outcome (i.e. Pariston wins) from the very start.
    Last edited by Phantron; January 19, 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good chapter but I wasn't blown away. It's to be expected though since it's only a foretaste of what's coming.

Firstly, I was surprised that Cheadle decided to give her votes to Leorio, especially after hearing what Mizaistom said. It just didn't make sense, she should have known that Leorio's goal wasn't to become a chairman if only because she heard his conversation with Ging. So she did it only to impress/surprise Ging and Parriston, what a stupid bitch... Her reasoning was, "hey, I bet you wouldn't expect THAT" without giving it much more thought which was just stupid. It would only make sense if she was losing big time but with Mizaistom's votes and high probability of Leorio doing the same as Mizaistom (and if not, doing that when only 2 candidates would remain and Miza's support assured that Cheadle would be one of the two) it didn't. Especially since she had the unique chance to discredit Parriston in front of everyone and talk about missing hunters for example. Last I checked accusing some hunter of atrocities wasn't forbidden and what could Parriston do? Sue her? Only after the election when she already would be a chairman but the damage would be done. Of course it could have the opposite effect and intimidate some of the hunters but it's highly unlikely because of the nature of hunters who in general are confident and fearless, at least until they really know who they're up against and I doubt Parriston would show his true power to them. And let's be honest, he doesn't look intimidating at all, in fact he looks like a sissy. It might help him when dealing with his opponents most of the time (since he's being underestimated) but not in that situation. Not to mention that any fishy move would trigger a response from the rest of the zodiacs who (combined) are much more powerful than him.

IMO saying that Parriston would be ready for it would have no basis (in case Phantron or someone else would like to say sth like that), because if he was ready for Cheadle who would have majority of votes with Leorio's support, Leorio with everyone's support wouldn't be much different. I don't see how someone like Leorio could screw him more than Cheadle with Miza's (and basically every zodiac's) support. Now, if I were Parriston I would use this situation and go with the flow saying "it went long enough so the choice is simple. Vote either on Leorio or on me" (mentioning Leorio first is deliberate). If he won - great. If he didn't, Leorio would be much easier to manipulate or to get rid off than Cheadle or Miza. I just don't see what would stop him from killing him, creating chaos and wait until day X. Before the investigation would conclude (or even start, something like that would create a shitstorm) and before next election could begin it would be too late. Without having enough time Parriston would probably still be in charge and that would be just perfect for him. That's assuming of course that no clue would point to him but I think he's intelligent enough to even make Leorio disappear. With Netero something like that (i.e. assassination) wouldn't work since he was too strong and to kill him you would need a blast of the same power as rose's blast for that (or poison him). With other zodiac's it would be easier but still very difficult but with Leorio!?
    Last edited by Goral; January 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Very good chapter but I wasn't blown away. It's to be expected though since it's only a foretaste of what's coming.

Firstly, I was surprised that Cheadle decided to give her votes to Leorio, especially after hearing what Mizaistom said. It just didn't make sense, she should have known that Leorio's goal wasn't to become a chairman if only because she heard his conversation with Ging. So she did it only to impress/surprise Ging and Parriston, what a stupid bitch... Her reasoning was, "hey, I bet you wouldn't expect THAT" without giving it much more thought which was just stupid. It would only make sense if she was losing big time but with Mizaistom's votes and high probability of Leorio doing the same as Mizaistom (and if not, doing that when only 2 candidates would remain and Miza's support assured that Cheadle would be one of the two) it didn't. Especially since she had the unique chance to discredit Parriston in front of everyone and talk about missing hunters for example. Last I checked accusing some hunter of atrocities wasn't forbidden and what could Parriston do? Sue her? Only after the election when she already would be a chairman but the damage would be done. Of course it could have the opposite effect and intimidate some of the hunters but it's highly unlikely because of the nature of hunters who in general are confident and fearless, at least until they really know who they're up against and I doubt Parriston would show his true power to them. And let's be honest, he doesn't look intimidating at all, in fact he looks like a sissy. It might help him when dealing with his opponents most of the time (since he's being underestimated) but not in that situation. Not to mention that any fishy move would trigger a response from the rest of the zodiacs who (combined) are much more powerful than him.

IMO saying that Parriston would be ready for it would have no basis (in case Phantron or someone else would like to say sth like that), because if he was ready for Cheadle who would have majority of votes with Leorio's support, Leorio with everyone's support wouldn't be much different. I don't see how someone like Leorio could screw him more than Cheadle with Miza's (and basically every zodiac's) support. Now, if I were Parriston I would use this situation and go with the flow saying "it went long enough so the choice is simple. Vote either on Leorio or on me" (mentioning Leorio first is deliberate). If he won - great. If he didn't, Leorio would be much easier to manipulate or to get rid off than Cheadle or Miza. I just don't see what would stop him from killing him, creating chaos and wait until day X. Before the investigation would conclude (or even start, something like that would create a shitstorm) and before next election could begin it would be too late. Without having enough time Parriston would probably still be in charge and that would be just perfect for him. That's assuming of course that no clue would point to him but I think he's intelligent enough to even make Leorio disappear. With Netero something like that (i.e. assassination) wouldn't work since he was too strong and to kill him you would need a blast of the same power as rose's blast for that (or poison him). With other zodiac's it would be easier but still very difficult but with Leorio!?
    The undecided votes are not going to be won by anybody in the Zodiac. They have stated several times that a significant portion of the Hunter's Association is disgruntled with the entire Zodiac. If they don't get the 50ish undecided votes it's not enough to defeat Pariston, and if those guys haven't voted for anyone in the Zodiac all along what could any of them say to change their mind? At any rate, all these guys minus Leorio must have a lot of political history. It's no different than a real election when you see ads like "Soandso voted for war when he was a Senator!" There's no reason to believe Pariston wouldn't have something prepped to prevent the undecided from voting for any candidate minus Leorio. On the other hand, Leorio has literally no political history, so it is completely impossible to have any attack on his past actions prepped. The worst thing he could have is maybe he has prostitutes in his room or whatever but you can infer Hunters clearly don't consider that kind of stuff to be of any relevance. By the way, having any dirt (as long as it's not something that can impeach him directly) on Pariston's history is irrelevent, because his supporters are obviously loyal and he's perfectly content with a stalemate. The undecided guys are almost never going to vote for him anyway (Gin said there should be majority of voters who don't want hm to win). All he needs to do is keep those undecided guys undecided.

Pariston presumably leaves no evidence of his wrongdoing behind. Although it's said many times about all the evil things he's doing behind everyone's back, clearly nobody has proof because if they did, they'd have been able to get rid of him a long time ago. The 'missing' Hunters, as far as we can tell, are not highly ranked Hunters. Sure, it'd be pretty easy for Pariston to arrange a hit man on Leorio. But you're not going to assassinate the chairman of the Hunter's Association without leaving evidence behind. If Leorio became the chairman, he'll obviosly be protected by some of the most powerful people in the world, and again, it's not enough to just kill him. You also can't leave any evidence behind. If you just pay for the whole Z family to attempt to kill Leorio the chairman it's quite doable, but people will notice the entire Z family is here so someone must have paid them off, and Pariston will naturally be suspected to be behind it.

Manipulating Leorio will be easy, which makes it very hard, because that means anybody can manipulate him so there's no guaranteed Pariston can get Leorio to do what he wants compared to anyone else who realizes the new Chairman will give favors for prostitutes or whatever Leorio wants. The point is not that Leorio is some kind of character with impeachable moral standards, but he is pretty firm on big picture stuff. He might not think very much but that means he's equally likely to be manipulated by say Chidol to do something good compared to Pariston to do something bad.
    Last edited by Phantron; January 19, 2012 at 01:11 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, if and when Leorio becomes Chairman I'm going to switch HxH into my favourite manga. How original, the weakest of the main four protagonists becomes the strongest politically, beautifully. As, I said from the beginning Ging is a mastermind and a possessor of a marvellous strategic mind and he really cares about the association. However, Pariston is about to launch a massive mindf*ck I'm sure but it's good to see his change of mood.

Although, in all this chaos, were the f*ck is Kurapika?
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter ends the discussion about Ging taking that punch on purpose. Ging is awesome. That character was hyped for more than 10 years before his first appearance & He manage to not disappoint at all. Leorio is doing the best comeback possible for a character who is now weak compared to the others.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a really good laugh at Leorio not hearing Cheadle's counsel to the voters then Piyon calling out to him, confined in his own thoughts.

Ging is amazing at acting like he can't do anything while inducing behaviours benefiting his own will. And the way Ging's & Pariston's faces were drawn this whole chapter, still makes me think that Ging is a bit (only a bit, for now) above Pariston in that regard.

Damn I miss Hisoka already.
    Last edited by Teubier; January 19, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That Ging took the punch for the sole reason to put Leorio into the Votes was obvious to me from the start.
    As for the current Chapter, it was epic, but I expected something like that anyways.
    Without reading the past postings I will clear up a few things and if I put it right it will help to understand Pariston and how his speech will may look like.

So first let's make a list:
    1. Ging manipulated the Vote. Well, he didn't manipulate the Vote but he set up the rules through manipulation.
    1.1 He's got 2 reasons for doing all of this. At the beginning he didn't care for the results, Bean then askes why he's doing it if he doesn't even care, Ging answered. Look at that page for better understanding -> http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/320/8
    1.2 The second reason Ging has got for doing what he did, is the Old man's (Netero's) legacy.

Now we know the basic reason for him being present at the meeting. And I think Pariston shares some of Ging's reason, excluding the legacy of netero, but Pariston set up many things for a long time. He made sure that he gets the Slave's Votes and he's a Manipulating-Master, he can read most peoples actions/intentions like an open book, but - and now the list continues - Ging is a Manipulator-Master, too.

2. After a few discussions between the Zodiac twelve's Cheadle came to the conclusion "I hate to admit it, but somewhere deep down a little bit of me thinks "I wish Ging where here"...!!". Cheadle is frustrated because she can't keep up with Pariston or Ging, but her wish for Ging being there right after realising that the Votes are controlled by Pariston shows that she thinks Ging is the only one who can do something against Pariston. Both are calm and one of the finest hunters.

3. Leorio going on a "Gon is your son! You have to visit him."- rampage. Ging's first question to Leorio was "First off, who are you to Gon?", Leorio answering with "His Friend.".
    3.1 At this point Ging already made this plan to take Leorio into the Votes. You don't have to be a psych. doc to see that Leorio has got a problem with his emotions xD So Ging just had to provoke him and then letting Leorio hit him. Leorios attack couldn't hurt or even hit Ging in a serious battle situation, that should be clear anyway xD
    3.2 So now all people where like "WTF Leorio pwned Ging of the Zodiac!".
    4. Leorio became one of the top three candidates just like that.

So read this : http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/331/5
    Pariston is just like Ging and Netero, he wants to enjoy himsel until "X-Day" (X-Day got me interesting there).

So Pariston will either use a Trump Card in his speech or ..I don't know. As long as Pariston gets his playground filled with Chimera Ants, he's fine, I guess.

So what do you think what Pariston will do now? And wtf this next Hunter Exam could possibly leave one candidate alive lmao.

Cheers.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For Alluka, i don't know if my understanding is correct but it seems that after you made a heal wish then there is no pesterings and you can wish anything you want. So making something like big selfish wish/heal wish/big selfish wish/heal wish is 100% safe. That would be a dreadful ability depending on the one who use it. But it does not explain why Killua would fear being needled again so there must still be something left

For the election, like some suggested Parriston may have interest in Leorio winning. In particular if he stays the vice chairman.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sun Tzu once said, if you can't outsmart your enemy, confuse him. Gin is the least predictable opponent, the only one that can defeat Pariston's strategy. Picking Leorio indeed worked, Pariston doesn't know what to do. And most of all, he's not anymore in the position of victim he so much enjoys. As the Rat, the leader of the weaker hunters, he cannot pose as weakling against Leorio, who is by far weaker than he is. Leorio stole his main ground, and thanks to the Zodiacs, stole the free ground as well.

Honestly, if it turns out Pariston wins this, Togashi will either make him change, like Meryem, or we'll see something completely unexpected. I'm betting on Leorio still. From now on, Pariston might just struggle with what he's got until he admits defeat. He can innovate or go his standard, but either way it'll be him trying to struggle and not really a plan. Imho.

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast