Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Post a Meme in the thread if you're happy after this chapter.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • F**K YEAH!

19 52.78%
  • I wont. But I'm deeply happy anyway, Mr.

17 47.22%
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 332 Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Refraction's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 332 Discussion / 333 Prediction

Quote Quote:
    Post a Meme in the thread if you're happy after this chapter.
    No sooner said than done.

I guess that's the closest I'm ever coming to doing fan art.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think i quite got the part about alluka's last rule. For what if what i thought is right, then it must be called disappointing.

About Leorio, I personally didn't find it to be surprising...or the motive behind it. It was quite clear that leorio was being built up for toppling pariston by ging, specially after last week's comment. however, it'll be really a surprise if pariston can turn this around. i predicted him being on run with some of the cocoon that he could salvage to join jairo...but really there are plenty other options which look just as enticing.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Togashi does not seem to want to rush HxH. I like that.
    With introducing all that new stuff, the zodiac, pariston, alluka, jairo,kid kaito, and with not including kurapica at the moment, it seems there will be plenty of stuff to discover yet.

I also love how previous arcs are relevant for the current arc. and side chars dont get wasted.
    Greed Island was not just some excuse to make gon and killua stronger, the ant are was not just a deus ex machina move to have some enemy we didnt see before.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd hardly call Leorio the weakest of the four main characters...I mean, remember when they went to bring back Killua, he opened the second door, while Gon only could open the first one, so he's the second in physical strenght to Killua.....Plus, he now knows how to use nen (might not be very powerful there, but it's not necessary about raw power...maybe how to use it)

I don't think I'd like to speculate about the election, I don't think Cheadle spoke without thinking (nobody does that in HxH, and the ones that do, end up dead)...but I want to read Paris Hilton's speech (Pariston, whatever)

About Alluka....the Killua thing, it's only about Killua, that's why he said that "you'd happily plant needles in my head"...but I wonder...if Alluka got this ability when he was a small child (around 4 or 5 or 6?)...why he hadn't had any assassination training? while his brothers were all trained since birth (Killua stated that he learned how to tail risking his life since he was 3, back in York Shin Arc)

So....my best guess, he's not an actual Zoldyck..maybe adopted or found with unknown origin (I'd hate that....waaay too cliched)

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It would not make sense for him to be stronger than gon, killua or kurpica. For starters, the 3 of them outright started stronger than him. For another, at least gon and killua have gone through some really special training which we have no reason to believe applies to leorio. Furthermore, kurapica has been fighting all this time as far as we know. There is no logical reason for leorio to match up to any of them.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    It would not make sense for him to be stronger than gon, killua or kurpica. For starters, the 3 of them outright started stronger than him. For another, at least gon and killua have gone through some really special training which we have no reason to believe applies to leorio. Furthermore, kurapica has been fighting all this time as far as we know. There is no logical reason for leorio to match up to any of them.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/hunte...05/c041/3.html

here, it's clearly stated that Leorio, at least until that point, was physically stronger than both Gon and Kurapica, him being able to open two doors, while the others only the first one.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Well Pariston not smiling is more like now he will be serious, instead of just joking around.

I don't think Gin planned all that. A lot of about Hunters is all instinct. It must be something he felt that was right, i.e. this kid has potential. He didn't even say he had an idea of how to actually stop Pariston, and originaly he told Chidol they were pretty much doomed anyway (i.e. perpetual stalemate until X day). It's the same way how he asks Razor to go all out on Gon. It's not like he could possibly extrapolate how strong his son is going to be at the time he ran into Razor, but obviously Gin figured his son can pull it off just because he's his son, not because he has it all planned out.

The whole bit about Alluka/Nanika is very confusing. I read the Japanese and all the translations and nothing really made much sense to me, which is why I only put the part I knew for sure (when Nanika is asleep, Alluka is awake). I mean, I know Killua's trying to describe the condition where Alluka is present and Nanika is not, but it's still confusing.
    Which can only mean things will get interesting now. So far from what I saw I have high expectations of Pariston as a character. I NEED to see him in action since all He did so far was badass.

And you may be right, but I don't know why when Ging is saying something it seems that He knows something that we don't. All the freaking time.

So I was not the only one then >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamy View Post
    I am starting to think that Leorio might actually be the most similar to Netero compared to all the other candidates. I guess its because we start seeing Leorio's more candid side rather than the old guy around Gon & Killua or balancing act with Kurapika that he actually does resemble Netero in his own way, including the fact that he's a lecher. Moreover, Netero was a man heavily supported by very competent staff since the guy most of the time just played around in the organization. Leorio may not have the strength of Netero but he might be the closest to a spiritual successor.
    He certainly is packed vicious as him.
    Although I have the feeling that his vocation to be a Doctor may be the best thing that works to be the president of this organization.

Now I wonder what type of Netero was and what type of hunter Leorio is currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulugo View Post
    what i don't get is, why does everyone hates Pariston? of all the 4 candidates i think he's 2nd best ( behind cheadle who seems to be very responsible).
    You and half of the HxH organization thinks the same, so don't feel ashamed :P
    And it's not that I don't think He's the best or anything (Because I actually love him as character and HxH tends to have very cool villains) but He was shown as the enemy to defeat xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I mean honestly Gin is not some kind of mastermind who outthinks everyone. He is just eccentric, and Chidol criticized him saying that his plan is just saying the obvious after the result is known.
    That's your opinion and your reading. It's not a fact in the same way that calling him mastermind is not a fact as well.
    It's perfectly possible that Ging more and less planned more than just one step ahead. He has shown his ability to predict with the Zodiacs with extreme ease and there was a whole panel of Beans stating it. Togashi is an excellent writer after all, so I don't think He did it just for fanservice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ero-Sanji View Post
    Haha, if and when Leorio becomes Chairman I'm going to switch HxH into my favourite manga.
    Taking long enough, huh? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Andrew~ View Post
    1.1 He's got 2 reasons for doing all of this. At the beginning he didn't care for the results, Bean then askes why he's doing it if he doesn't even care, Ging answered. Look at that page for better understanding -> http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/320/8
    This the proof why Ging IS a mastermind :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Refraction View Post
    No sooner said than done.

I guess that's the closest I'm ever coming to doing fan art.
    You're awesome, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvane View Post
    here, it's clearly stated that Leorio, at least until that point, was physically stronger than both Gon and Kurapica, him being able to open two doors, while the others only the first one.
    But He has of the instincts of Gon, the talent of Killua or the training of Kurapika. The three are stronger in the sense their will is stronger. They developed Nen quite fast and all of them showed to be a real talent. Even the Netero chart of "interesting people" in the first Hunter Exam left Leorio behind.

Two thoughs:
    1) Silly prediction: After this election arc next one could be "protect the president" arc :P Pariston after losing will try to make him disappear in the same way that those 18 missing hunters. So Gon, Killua and co. will solve that particular case and confront in battle to Pariston. Maybe.
    2) If Ging knew that Pariston would want to stalemate the election...Why He made that particular method of voting? At first I thought because He wanted someone else to be empowered when it reaches the final 4 stage (Namely Leorio) but now I have my doubts. There must be a second reason, something else He's preparing.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

But He has of the instincts of Gon, the talent of Killua or the training of Kurapika. The three are stronger in the sense their will is stronger. They developed Nen quite fast and all of them showed to be a real talent. Even the Netero chart of "interesting people" in the first Hunter Exam left Leorio behind.
    Well, I did say PHYSICALLY stronger, not talking about instincts, not about will, not about senses, not about Nen, not about talent and not about training, I mean raw physical strenght.

Now, I'd be more worried about Alluka...and Kurapica

Now, I'm sure, by now, Kuroro had his Judgement Chain removed, so I bet he's doing his best (along with the rest of the Ryodan) to find him and do him in...which, I believe, we are gonna see pretty soon.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Host Samurai's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd hardly call Leorio the weakest of the four main characters...I mean, remember when they went to bring back Killua, he opened the second door, while Gon only could open the first one, so he's the second in physical strenght to Killua.....Plus, he now knows how to use nen (might not be very powerful there, but it's not necessary about raw power...maybe how to use it)
    People seem to forget that Leorio also had to study for University and he did manage to do both things. Learning Nen while studying and apparently (getting girls, enjoying life to the fullest) is an impressive feat IMO too . As of now, he too has a Hatsu like the other three so that makes them even. I'm not talking about their Nen size or fighting experience because there lies the main difference between them. But rather how he was able to use his Nen.

It seems like Togashi is also focusing on Illumi, which is a good thing. He observes the situation really carefully. I'm wondering right now, what he is going to plot regarding Alluka's ability and what his ambition really is?

Credits:Shinsatsu

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Incoming epic speech from Pariston next chapter. Seriously he's not the type to freak out, i mean he got surprised yes but he remained calm, i think next chapter we'll get to see just how epic a character/villain he is.

Btw i don't see him assassinating Leorio even if he lost to him in the elections, that wouldn't do him any good since Leorio will appoint a different vice most likely plus Pariston doesn't strike me as the type who kills as a last resort, i actually don't think he'll run out of options no matter how bad the situation is, when he kills a hunter it's not because he had no other choice but to do it, it'll be because he thought this would be the best action in that specific situation while having other options available.
    That's my impression on him anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hunter View Post
    Incoming epic speech from Pariston next chapter. Seriously he's not the type to freak out, i mean he got surprised yes but he remained calm, i think next chapter we'll get to see just how epic a character/villain he is.

Btw i don't see him assassinating Leorio even if he lost to him in the elections, that wouldn't do him any good since Leorio will appoint a different vice most likely plus Pariston doesn't strike me as the type who kills as a last resort, i actually don't think he'll run out of options no matter how bad the situation is, when he kills a hunter it's not because he had no other choice but to do it, it'll be because he thought this would be the best action in that specific situation while having other options available.
    That's my impression on him anyway.
    Well I take it that the fact he is not smiling means he's going to be serious. When he's smiling and joking around, you can assume he's not going to do anything dangerous since he's got everything under control anyway and he doesn't strike me as someone who kills for no reason. That said he's said to be an unpredictable monster, so it's hard to guess what he will do when things are no longer as he planned.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, 2 things. The first is that physical strength is not everything. Even if leorio opened 2 doors it does not mean he would win against any of them. More so, killua at that point was already able to open 3 doors. Now, how would it make sense for leorio to have kept up with the rest of the gang in terms of nen? If I recall leorio barely new ten by york shin arc. More so, killua and gon have gone through 2 special trainings while leorio was dividing his time between being a doctor and nen. Setting aside physical strength, there is no reasonable way for leorio to match up to anyone in the gang in terms of nen.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes there is! Leorio is just a prodigy!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't anybody explain to me what exactly was the rule about alluka? I didn't quite comprehend it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pariston is probably going to announce his resignation as vice chairman and that he's backing out of the election. Just to screw with Chidol.

Pariston likely has bigger plans then the election. This is probably just smoke and mirrors.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast