Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Post a Meme in the thread if you're happy after this chapter.

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • F**K YEAH!

19 52.78%
  • I wont. But I'm deeply happy anyway, Mr.

17 47.22%
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 332 Discussion

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 332 Discussion / 333 Prediction

@ashher: I think the last rule of Alluka is that rules don't apply to Killua, and only him. That's a perfectly good reason for him to fear being needled forever if Illumi figured out, and it was the conclusion Illumi reached in this chapter. Since Illumi is a damn good hunter, that really might be the case.

@Uriel: I suppose Pariston plans to (or has already) join(ed) forces with Jairo. Once Leorio picks up as chairman, Jairo will be his main enemy and we'll see Togashi's solution for terrorism.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ~Andrew~'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would Pariston join forces with Jairo when we already know what he wants the most?
    Ging Freecs already mentioned that Pariston wants to enjoy himself. "He isn't thinking about winning. He also isn't thinking about losing" (Ging Freecs words) the election, that's why he's so powerful.
    Pariston is just going to play around until X-Day.
    And the following Quote from Ging is one of the most important (and a little bit contradictory xP): "He just wants to enjoy himself.
    He's like me and Netero... I get easily bored, though. Him, though. He's relentless.
    The only one out of the remaining four who's really carrying on Netero's spirit is Pariston."

Now look at that Page: http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/331/8
    He wants a big garden so that he can play with his 5000 sweet little friends which happen to be nen-using Chimera Ants. xO

So, if the new Chairman will be someone else than Pariston, which will most likely be the case, the new Chairman could disallow Pariston to meet his chimera-friends in the little garden or he will just take both away for good.
    Pariston would cry and run away, eventually meeting a man called Jairo who also cries because some god-like Ant took his kingdom away and thus he wants to be King again.
    Pariston and Jairo could both get what they want, if they join forces. Jairo probably has got a little army already and with Paristons help he could rule over the 5000 Ants and be King once again and Pariston would've his garden filled with Chimera friends.

That's the only way I could think of a Jairo-Pariston partnership, but it would fit in perfectly.

More Ideas?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
    Pariston is probably going to announce his resignation as vice chairman and that he's backing out of the election. Just to screw with Chidol.

Pariston likely has bigger plans then the election. This is probably just smoke and mirrors.
    I actually like this idea. Basically the elections would be a front to keep all hunters distracted from something he is doing on the background. If what gin said about pariston keeping the election going on indefinitely thanks to his grip on the temp hunters then there is a very realistic chance that he really does not care whether he wins or loses. If the election ends then the hunters are basically free to go and there is a realistic chance of him getting caught doing something. In particular the quimera ant eggs come to mind. Pariston has plans for those and the election was the perfect cover. The reason pariston did not care about winning or losing is that it is not quite important, his mind was set on the eggs, he merely needed time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    @ashher: I think the last rule of Alluka is that rules don't apply to Killua, and only him. That's a perfectly good reason for him to fear being needled forever if Illumi figured out, and it was the conclusion Illumi reached in this chapter. Since Illumi is a damn good hunter, that really might be the case.
    what i don't get is how not making any wish would stop nanika from emerging again? did killua mean that after fulfilling the three pestering one can stop making the wish and then alluka will remain all the time? Then how can this be ensured that someone won't make a wish...like saying 'alluka fetch a glass of water willya' in her entire life? and why is killua being able to wish something from nanika without fulfilling her pesterings?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    ...and why is killua being able to wish something from nanika without fulfilling her pesterings?
    Because he wished to be able to do so ? Or because he wished to add rules to Nanika's ability to grant wish earlier ?
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck: again, and it's the third time I say this and I'm getting tired of repeating myself, I always said Leorio is phisically stronger than both Gon and Kurapica (at least, until the all began to study Nen), and now I'll quote myself here: "Well, I did say PHYSICALLY stronger, not talking about instincts, not about will, not about senses, not about Nen, not about talent and not about training, I mean raw physical strenght."

About Jairo...I don't think we'll see him at all, I think an alliance between Pariston and Jairo won't actually do anything...and we are all kinda tired of NGL shit, besides, Pariston seems to be the type of person who likes to work on his own.

I wonder what Hisoka has been doing all this time before his comeback....

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pariston needs the Hunter License status to legimatize his toys, because otherwise an army of those cocoon soldiers is likely to be bombed by a Rose the moment they showed up anywhere. I don't see Jairo being able to offer that kind of status to him since the Hunter status is pretty much unique.

Pariston originally didn't care about winning or losing because he was already the acting chairman, so to him stalemate is the best outcome since he already has all the power. Right now the Hunter's Association is basically like where a country was at war and their president was assassinated, and the VP became the de facto president and gets to have all the power because you're still at war. If Pariston became the chairman the normal way, he'd still face his normal opposition even with the power of chairman. Right now, due to the disarray the Hunter's Association is in, he actually has more power as the acting chairman than the real chairman would have simply because he can always say 'someone's got to do this because we got no leader right now'.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

By the way, aura works like a multiplier on physical strength, but you still got to be physically strong in the first place. Even Netero is drawn as fairly muscular and he's only 50% compared to his prime. Outside of the Ants, every character who has displayed their power that can be considered a top tier character is definitely drawn as physically fit. Killua started out physically stronger but that's because of his training. Compared to even normal Hunters there's no indication that Killua possesses overwhelming physical strength (in fact, Gon is the one who is depicted as having immense physical strength later on), which implies once anybody figured out that lifting extreme weights builds incredible strength, it's relatively easy to catch up.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jack Van Burace's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Phantron: I don't think it takes a whole lot to become a temp. hunter. I really don't remember the conditions for being a temp. hunter or if they can vote in the election, but I suppose that's the way he'd go. I don't think anyone can use a Rose ever again either, as Netero was likely very close to special people and gave up all to accomplish that permition (he was going to die, he could have given anything in exchange for the Rose). And even in those conditions, he had to be the chairman and one of the strongest people in the world. So I don't see anyone else using a Rose ever again.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And thinking further, it's not too much hassle to allow the newborn chimeras to be Hunters since they all have the minimal skill and requirements. With this I mean that Pariston doesn't need to be the president to do that. Controlling them also would be easier off-screen.

So I add to the comment that Pariston is going for something else.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Van Burace View Post
    @ Phantron: I don't think it takes a whole lot to become a temp. hunter. I really don't remember the conditions for being a temp. hunter or if they can vote in the election, but I suppose that's the way he'd go. I don't think anyone can use a Rose ever again either, as Netero was likely very close to special people and gave up all to accomplish that permition (he was going to die, he could have given anything in exchange for the Rose). And even in those conditions, he had to be the chairman and one of the strongest people in the world. So I don't see anyone else using a Rose ever again.
    Yes, but you've to remember most of the veterans of the Ant war is pretty freaked out about the whole incident after seeing Meryem's power. Let's say Pariston really tries to conquer a nation with those soldiers, they'd obviously ask someone who has fought the Ants before what's their take on it. Now, of course we know amongst those cocoon soldiers isn't going to be another Meryem, but remember most of the guys who fought the Ants are pretty shocked by their power. Ask someone like Novu or Knuckles and the most likely response you get is 'nuke them all!' And since those guys are the experts (no one else has fought their leader) these advice are likely to be accepted. Even if they don't use the Rose, you'd expect say a ton of conventional explosive carpet bombing kind of stuff. As strong as the cocoon soldiers are, they won't be able to survive that.

So that's why it's crucial for Pariston to get them some kind of Hunter status regardless of what his ultimate plan is, because everyone who has fought the Ants before are clearly shocked by their potential so it's unlikely anyone will take chances, unless they're protected by the status of a Hunter.

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    ...Ask someone like Novu or Knuckles and the most likely response you get is 'nuke them all!'...
    Probably not, since they have befriended two ants.

Edit : @ashher : Thank you, I am a rather cheap man.
    Last edited by Teubier; January 21, 2012 at 09:00 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    Because he wished to be able to do so ? Or because he wished to add rules to Nanika's ability to grant wish earlier ?
    It'd be a rather cheap trick...like the cliched trickstory where some one makes a promise to grant three wishes and the wisher always asks for three more wishes as the last one.

so i guess no one is much clear about what's happening with alluka huh?

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I guess you can call it cheap, or not. If he was the first to be confronted to Nanika, and that at that time Nanika didn't show any restriction, I'd find it clever to create rules to protect Nanika/Alluka (and himself).

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

But for such a selfish wish the pesterings must be high, I don't think it would have been kept hidden

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teubier View Post
    Probably not, since they have befriended two ants.

Edit : @ashher : Thank you, I am a rather cheap man.
    Knuckles also said you need a national level military to deal with just Mereym, and national level military presumably possesses Rose seeing the weapon is widely available to even relatively small countries.

I mean sure the cocoon soldiers can't compare to Meryem, but this isn't something you just take a chance on. Again, looking at the scale. It is said 50,000 of those guys can conquer the world, so 5000 of those is at least comparable to the military power of a strong nation. We know the Ants are very aggressive as a species to begin with. While some individuals might be open to tolerance, as a race they're pretty far apart from humanity so far as coexistence is concerned.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast