Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
well ive been reading negima up till chapter 348 and i have alot of opinions about some things but i want to hear what you guys have to think about them so here we go
1. Do you think it is wrong or normal that Yuuna (girl who plays basketball) wants to marry and kiss her father (forgot his name)
2. Do you agree with Class 3A's opinon of negi in the recent chapters of him being a casanova (??) and a playboy with how all the girls confessing to him and how he has to turn them down because hes too busy (this one is the one im looking most forward to hear from some of the fan girls of negi)
3. Should negi be forced to admit who he has small affection for by his students
4. Who do you find to be to the most annoying out of these characters (if u dont find any of them annoying, explain why)
Haruna . Yuuna, Ayaka, Chizuru
dont need to answer with full paragraphs, just a few sentences would be great
Last edited by Dcomplex12; January 11, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
1. Nope. They have a word for that: Electra complex. I personally think it is favouritism for survival, but Ken here has a applied a "He is hopeless/lonely" so I am attracted (want to-help/fill void philosophy). Currently a study done in Canada proves* that women are more commonly attracted to males with that semi-depressed/emo personality, those that look down, need help, or comfort. The same applies here.
2. Casanova? Not by choice but personality ^↑⇈ and the hilarious circumstances. He has turn them down cause he is thinking of other things that must be done/accomplished. He is a twelve year old, with a HUGE responsibility. He only wishes he could have lived a happy peaceful life with someone (evidence Poyo's artifact). But trust me, he will get her. He is English . *achoo*
3. Forced? #@(&%%@ NO. Still the girls put up a fight. Also, is she a student? Hehehehe
4. Of these: Haruna, obviously. But I like her honest personality BLAZING with passion.
this is fun, we need more threads like these
Last edited by bebuxe; January 13, 2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: evidence, for distrustful.
thanks beb fo ur opinion, i just recently read the thread about the women finding depressed men more attractive and i was relatively shocked. I guesss everyone has different opinions, i think its wrong that yuuna loves her dad that way, especially since it will interfere with her future love.
yea negi has a huge responsibility saving the worlds and everything, and its not like he purposely lead each girl on, its just he a ****** 12 year old man, those girls need to lay off.
Yea they do put up quite a fight, kinda unfair with natsumi's, ako's, and yuuna's abilities. When chizuru shoved the onion up his *** i almost cried and lol'd at the same time.
Yea for me it was Haruna/Yuuna because they both have somehow become alot more annoying compared to the Festival arc.
U think so? I think that's rather cute of a gal. And with her personally, she will meet someone she likes. U'll see.
I died of neurological compassion when negi got 1UPed.
Yuuna, well you could tell I like her personality. But not my dream girl. With Haruna, you could not keep a secret! I would be fighting with her 7/24 if I lived with her.
Yeah, want to hear others opinions. Beats waiting for the manga....
Last edited by bebuxe; January 14, 2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: trolol
1. To tell the truth, I thought it quite believable, she doesn't have mother anymore, so it's only reasonable that she would be closer to her father, and when you take into account what kind of girl she is, I think it's just combination of being close and her somewhat naive way of thinking about things. Don't know about other countries but it isn't strange to give light kiss to family member on some occasions (when you're congratulating them for example) in Czech rep. So I think in her case it's more of "Marriage = being toghether" and that's about it.
2. I think it's just that he doesn't really know what's going on, even if he's smart. (That's why he keeps saying that he isn't really sure and such)
3. I don't think he should be forced to... but you know it would be kind of sweet if he confessed to the person in question on his own.
4. I have to say that out of these four I like Ayaka the least. I like Yuuna, as she's cheerful and quite gentle in her own way. Haruna is good in her own way, with her pursuing her passion, and her being ... how should I say it... dirty yet quite romantic girl. And Chizuru is the mature one with gentleness... exactly the type you would want by your side when feeling really down. While Ayaka is just noisy, hysteric, overreacting and spoiled...
When you think about it he might be 12 but the girls are 15 or 16. I don't know about other countries but it wouldn't be that strange to find "couple" of these ages (although the older would probably be boy)...
And when you think about it first "loves" are often around that age. I myslef had HUGE crush on my best pal's little sister... when I was 12 or 13...
Haruna's personality didn't change that much (I think), the only difference is that she's gotten to know Negi more, so she's less reserved. Still, out of these four Yuuna would be the closest to being number 1 girl =) out of all it would probably be Asuna (this preference of mine kept changing as the story went on) She's kind, active and cute =) though I would prefer her without the twintails. Although every girl in Negima has some good points to her...
Last edited by deSolAxe; January 18, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
1. You understood the meaning of Ken perfectly. Plus, her dad is hopeless without her. You know how many hours he spent looking for his wife, without thinking about food or work? Someone had to fill that void in the little family. It might as well be her (lols). Nah, but he will get back his void filled, as well as Yuuna find that man.
1b. Kissing familiars is not weird at all, in most countries' cultures. But what Dcomplex12 was talking about, is actual attraction to fathers. It exists, Its called the electra complex. I have my own formed opinions on this matter. However in this story, there may be a tad of genetic electra complex imbued by her acquiring most of mother's genes/personality. But the story implements her hopeful personality having to aid his father all the time, if not there's nothing to do/live for. Now that there's a revelation of her mother's existence, she will also help in the search, giving her father more will power to succeed (and her too). (IOW, speculation. it looks like that is the same weapon as her mother had as a pactio. She may have left this world.)
2. Really? I really think Negi understands where this all coming from. Esp. Chamo leading him on. It begs me to wonder if Negi choose bad friends to begin with. (Not really, I knew that the author wanted to say that even the case that you can not chose your friends, you can still keep your identity. even though you have been influenced)
4. Ayaka is the person I see as my older sister. Even though I never had one. And Chizuru, an ideal mom. (<not mine though)
The weirdness is the fact that these girls ARE attracted to a younger boy. A tad unnatural if you think so. But again, this whole series deals with the unnatural.
Last edited by bebuxe; January 18, 2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: clafifying,
ad 2. well by "doesn't really know what's going on" I meant that even if he knows what they mean in theory, he doesn't really understand... basically I wanted to point out that he "knows" not "understands"... if you know what I mean...
It's quite OT in here, but you reminded me about the point in pactio system I was wondering about... apparently the artifacts are called upon by sealing contracts... and when you take in account that they called KuFei's artifact replica, also Fate mentioned that Negi's partners have called upon artifacts that haven't been seen for long time... it means that they aren't just somehow materialized from contract but intentionally made and during contract person gets one that is most suited to him/her... and therefore one artifact can be probably used by 1 person per life-time.
My point is how should I put it... isn't it kind of easy? I mean these are some very powerful items... and it's practically worry-free...
And class rep from Ariadne was surprised when she saw that Yue had one (yeah this scene left quite impression on me).
Also... there were pactio shops in MW which were apparently quite pricey...
so then how come Kamo gets paid for each contract sealed? Who does he get those ermine money from anyway?
Therefore I can't help but ask: what is the real price for using artifact?
Do you think that there is some deeper reason to this?
Was that story about sorceress and her knight mentioned just as trivia, or was it some kind of clue?
<irony>Like... I don't know - some super-evil mega-ultra-last boss devil-king-dragon-lord feeding on pactio system users' magic and using last-boss level wizards like MotB as his pawns in domination of multiple worlds/planes? </irony>
IF manga is not supposed to end, somehow I have a feeling that there were little clues every now and then during the story which were supposed to lead to something... for example people interested in astronomy could have noticed the mars thing at the very beginning of MW arc, when Chachamaru showed on map the route that Asakura will travel along to find others... There were names of places that even I had feeling that I heard before for example Granicus (the city they were in) though I thought that he just used some latin-sounding names to make atmosphere =)