Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Negima's ending probably...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Negima's ending probably...

This is just my theory. I think the near-ending of Negima story is to delete magic from both worlds. Because Negi story is heading toward Chao Lingsen future. The war between magical world and earth. If Negi could use Asuna natural ability to cancel magic, perhaps he can grow it to become anti-magic or dispose magic from whole world. That way, the war won't happened.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member oldgringo2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Down Re: Negima's ending probably...

Nice one...except it would kill all beings dependent on magic.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Negima's ending probably...

Unlikely. The magic world they're trying to save relies on magic. It's because of that magic running out the war Chao is in BEGAN. I doubt it'll be prevented by magic disappearing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Negi stated he has a theory that might help the Magic World. Eliminating the Magic World would go against what Negi symbolizes and eliminate the stark contrast between him and Nagi - While Nago is limited to strictly excelling at smashing things, Negi is good at smashing things and cleaning up the mess that follows.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ceipheed's Avatar
    Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna try to avoid posting in this threat because no1 likes having they opinion and ideas denied, and I simply didnt agree with OP on his idea.

the main reason I don't agree with him is that he claims that the existence of magic is what spurs the war Chao was trying to avoid.

to my understanding, no1 ever blames the existence of magic for the war to come; what I understood from Zazie's sister was that once the instability of the MW reached breaking point, the whole alternate dimension would break and the humans inhabiting the MW would now find themselves in the barren lands of Mars.

this, plus a piece of info Chao gave during the Mahora Festival about men reaching Mars, made me think that the cause of the war would be man's inability to deal with anything different from himself. finally being able to reach Mars and find out that theres people living there out of nowhere? ohhellno.

anyway, thats what I thought was gonna happen, but with some1 (Stefannl) else for the war, I just had to ask: am I missing something? did anyone say something about magic being the reason for the war and I didnt notice?

Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

but i don't think negi will erase magic coz the who live in MW.have soul but no body in reality. if erase magic all world that should mean negi delete all ppl who live in MW.leave it only real ppl..over 1200M.... that very huge and impossible for normal ppl can accept... . from hint that negi tell other how to clear this problam have ayaka's name .so i think he plan make multi small world like eva resort by help of ayaka to gather material.and use magic spot around the world like world tree for support magic power.
    Last edited by ztoman; October 02, 2010 at 12:17 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ceipheed View Post
    anyway, thats what I thought was gonna happen, but with some1 (Stefannl) else for the war, I just had to ask: am I missing something? did anyone say something about magic being the reason for the war and I didnt notice?
    I said it was the loss of magic that was the cause.
    It is because the magic of the Magical World ran out that they came to be upon Mars. With it they'd still be in MW. It is because they came back to the actual plane of Mars that the Earthlings could see them. And so it is because of the loss of magic the conflict could take place.

If you wish to prevent the war in which Chao fought you need to preserve magic and maintain the existence of the Magical World.
    That's what I meant and I don't think that goes in against anything you said.

Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

well, main point is that magic isn't "lost". the whole issue with the Magic World is that it is unstable, and one day it would crash down.

not because magic would be gone, but because of the very nature of a superposed plane as Negi mutters to himself here

that being said, once the world came crashing upon itself, the remaining humans would suddenly be left in this plane's Mars which would lead them to be found out by earthlings eventually (as we both said)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fg7dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, Negi will use the Code of the Lifemaker to create another Magical World in a different dimension then the current one. topkomputer was right about one thing: Mundus Magicus has accumulated too much magical energy, just like Konoe said a few chapters back. So Negi will use that surplus op energy to create a Magical World that is just as stable the initial one was when it was made. That way all they need to do is move the people in Mundus Magicus, and the ten years they have should be enough.
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_2689eeaa05ef4fbe97431b817c37274e.jpg

Country
    Panama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fg7dragon View Post
    In my opinion, Negi will use the Code of the Lifemaker to create another Magical World in a different dimension then the current one. topkomputer was right about one thing: Mundus Magicus has accumulated too much magical energy, just like Konoe said a few chapters back. So Negi will use that surplus op energy to create a Magical World that is just as stable the initial one was when it was made. That way all they need to do is move the people in Mundus Magicus, and the ten years they have should be enough.

that isn' as much of a solution as it is sweeping it under the rug. sure, they averted this one, and now they just gotta do it every so other couple decades/centuries?
    Last edited by Ceipheed; October 03, 2010 at 05:53 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fg7dragon's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, like I said, if the new one lasts as long as the initial Magical World, then it would last thousands of years, in which time a lot of magic energy would be accumulated and would allow it to happen again.
    Well, another option would be to merge the artificial dimension with reality, but that could be trickier.
    http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_2689eeaa05ef4fbe97431b817c37274e.jpg

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Negima's ending probably...

Quote Originally Posted by fg7dragon View Post
    but isn't that cosmo entelencheia(sp)? That other magical realm/dimension?

Spoiler alert!
    Do not read below if you want your dreams of being spoiled much plot, shattered.

I think he is doing something else... but dunno what.... From what I can tell he may have been experimenting with time-space jutsu (magic sorry), since that is all he has experienced with (esp. in fighting). Looking at all the moves he has done, they all seem to specialize in time based location spells. You can easily object all this, because that is all what mages do in spell fights. But hey, isn't that exactly what Fates' group plan to do with magical mundus, submit them to cosmo entelencheia, another dimension, with all your hopes and wishes? That is why I defer this motion of developing another dimension, because seemingly Allium Cepa wants to achieve something else from Fate's plans.

What else can I tell, nothing much, this author has in several times broken most romantic comedy shonen patterns, so he could throw something else out of the blue, even the very downfall which Chao Lingshen warned us about. (Which begs me to question her appearance at his dream... which was meant to be the utmost circumstance for his life.... Does it mean it still occurs? Under his wing, or another's? Or is she just researching this era, for her world domination at her time?)

Also to add to this post: I seriously doubt that this arc anything to do with the ending. Remember, this is story about a 12 year old (do not correct me, he is about 12~ now) who teaches girls at a academy. He so happens to be a mage, in a personal quest to find his father. And he is so lucky, that there is evidence of his existence in the academy that he teaches. And with the help of his students, who should be asleep or doing their business, aid him at his quest. But the story that revolves around him is such about the circumstances, that these girls lives are forever changed at the witnessing of the life his teacher accomplished with much of their collaboration. If anything, a mage's jobe is what? "To ......"*

That should be around the ending. Were he becomes a true mage. If not he would not be in training, like it was initially suggested in the plot. The courage the girls need to succeed in what we call life.

So I seriously doubt that this arc even touches the main theme, to succeed in the ending. It may prepare the arc for the ending, but it is not.

PS
    I hope that succumbs much of improbabilities and (a word I won't mention, because it would be too mean of me). But this may stir good discussions as well. Hopefully, no one gets offended, that is not my goal. (If you look closely, it is entertainment, the latter... I'll speak with my attorney)

*If you really need me to spell this out to you, re-read the manga. Read in detail why he is given the job as a teacher, and what organization our Fistulosum is part of, with their purpose.
    Last edited by bebuxe; October 04, 2010 at 08:58 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

-He's not 12 (period). He's 10 until stated otherwise.
    -This isn't a story of him teaching girls. It's a story about him finding his father. When he finds his father, the story will reach an ending point.

But, yeah, I agree on this not being the final arc, we already had some tips for a possible Instanbul arc.
    First Episode Preview and OADs Preview: http://www.youtube.com/MaedhrosLossehelin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

he was actually 9 at the start of the series (well ... when he entered Mahora), and that was in January, just after Xmas break. Now we're well on our way into end of August in Mahora, same year ... so even with liberal ammount of counting of time in Eva's Castle and due to the time trickiness with MM, he is at most 11 physically, but still, 10 for everyone else (seem to remember his date of birth is being said to be a vouge "spring 93")

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
    -He's not 12 (period). He's 10 until stated otherwise.
    -This isn't a story of him teaching girls. It's a story about him finding his father. When he finds his father, the story will reach an ending point.

But, yeah, I agree on this not being the final arc, we already had some tips for a possible Instanbul arc.
    The father thing is his life goal indeed, but not what the plot's premise is, what builds the theme. Even his father decoy told him to just be himself, IOW, to make a life of his own. Thus the ulterior theme becomes to build a life with courage, that is the best guidance mages can give. Even when your father is gone, even bad things seems to be hurling for you, and you are responsible for what you do to the people next you. For all you know, it might just be what you wanted in life to begin with.... Blah blah blah.

So yes, the story is not about him teaching girls, but the girls have to witness his becoming of a mage. Do I need to expand?

But thanks, Maedhros, you gave me the incentive to post this: has anyone thought that Allium Fistulosum could be Thor's apprentice?

EDIT: no one, really? Is this for real? Or no one wants to embark on a Norse-Negi discussion?
    Last edited by bebuxe; October 18, 2010 at 09:09 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast