Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub Chapter 140 Discussion

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Chapter 140 Discussion/141 Predictions

The presentation of this arc is such an "absolute out of the park grand slam home run" that it's hard for me to even consider the substantive parts but there is one thing that stood out anyway.

I may be late to the proverbial party on this one, but I never really considered the possibility that Hilda might really LIKE Oga; and it's starting to look to me like she does. For a long time now sparks have been flying between her and Aoi, and I always dismissed those as 100% Beel related, could there have been more to those? What do you guys and gals think?

Are these feelings really there? And, if so, how far back do you think they go?
    Last edited by Jammin; January 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think the author is leaving it ambiguous for the readers to decide. Its really difficult to tell, with Hilda talking about how she's happy the way things are right now, and now she's even felt some jealousy when she met Aoi. But I feel like there's more to the story than whether or not Hilda likes Oga.

For one thing, I find it really odd that she would say she's happy the way that things are. Normally, a person who's lost their memories would really want to get their memories back. Not so that they can go back to being who they were, but even just to understand where they came from. I find it interesting that Hilda is actually reluctant to do so. I would be miserable if I couldn't remember who I was...and I'd be even more so if I was told I had a husband and a baby that I couldn't even remember loving! I think the reason why Hilda is reluctant to remember is because that would mean remembering her initial goal when she came to the human world, and actually remembering she is a demon maid and not really the mother of Baby Beel.

Another thing I find interesting is that Hilda seems to be giving Oga a lot of attention that she normally would give Beel. Worried that he got a cold, dressing him warmly...to me this seems to suggest she's misplaced her strong feelings for Beel and assumed she was suppose to do that for Oga. On top of that, everyone is under the assumption that Oga and Hilda have a relationship that resulted in Beel, which is farthest from the truth. Maybe the real reason everything feels so topsy turvy is because no one has been able to spit out the truth, and perhaps no one knows which truth they should say. >_>

4. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I would say this chapter was AWESOME!
    It totally got 10 out of 10 not only this week, but actually 10 out of 10 this month among all Shounen Jump mangas at least for me.)
    It's a really hard choice! ONE PIECE rocked this week as well with a more "mature-oriented" chapter, while Beelzebub rocked with a pure win chapter. Mhhh... guess I have no other choice but to split the crown in two and make the two manga share!

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Another thing I find interesting is that Hilda seems to be giving Oga a lot of attention that she normally would give Beel. Worried that he got a cold, dressing him warmly...to me this seems to suggest she's misplaced her strong feelings for Beel and assumed she was suppose to do that for Oga. On top of that, everyone is under the assumption that Oga and Hilda have a relationship that resulted in Beel, which is farthest from the truth. Maybe the real reason everything feels so topsy turvy is because no one has been able to spit out the truth, and perhaps no one knows which truth they should say. >_>
    Well, there are many suspicious things about Hilda's amnesia. I'm not really sure I buy it. It could be her attempt to get as much happiness as she can before her cover gets blown.

I mean, don't you think her reaction here is a bit suspicious?
    http://pic-2.mangapark.com/manga/121/488420/2.jpg
    http://pic-3.mangapark.com/manga/121/488420/3.jpg

You don't dress like that, with a tress as well, without knowing it. Also, you don't dress in an unknown place BEFORE asking yourself: "Where am I?". It looks to me like she took Oga's words as a sudden chance to put up a front and pretend she's not the same old Hilda. Also, all her phrases about not wanting her memories back smell of... well, lies.

If I can make a prediction... Oga will soon get a kiss, along with a: "Hey, I just got my memories back! What a coincidence! "
    Oga will get pissed and he will end up running out in the cold again...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    This is the best arc EVER!

The whole Creepichi thing had me rolling. "It's just that, from the depths of my being, I think of this guy as nothing but a creepy douche." Hahahahaha!

I'm honestly not sure how Beelzebub could get any better at this point. It's so damn good!
    For real i don´t like this post, there is nothing what other ones can discuss with. Other thing is i can´t understand that best Arc ever thing. I personal only will write this, when the Arc reach the Highlight. How could this be better, let Hilda let play a role that she never get an amnesia. That would be really an amazing move.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Personally, I think the author is leaving it ambiguous for the readers to decide. Its really difficult to tell, with Hilda talking about how she's happy the way things are right now, and now she's even felt some jealousy when she met Aoi. But I feel like there's more to the story than whether or not Hilda likes Oga.

For one thing, I find it really odd that she would say she's happy the way that things are. Normally, a person who's lost their memories would really want to get their memories back. Not so that they can go back to being who they were, but even just to understand where they came from. I find it interesting that Hilda is actually reluctant to do so. I would be miserable if I couldn't remember who I was...and I'd be even more so if I was told I had a husband and a baby that I couldn't even remember loving! I think the reason why Hilda is reluctant to remember is because that would mean remembering her initial goal when she came to the human world, and actually remembering she is a demon maid and not really the mother of Baby Beel.

Always good Post u make. There is something i can discuss or ask about some points that not clear for me.

Back to what u say, sometimes i´m not sure is this Hilda or could it be Yolda in a Body switch. I didn´t know at all, cause the only person who knows Furichi as a perv could be Yolda. Hilda say befor Furichi is not even a slave under the master.
    If this is really Hilda with amnesia, then i think yolda will come or we visit the House where Hilda was growing up. What would mean back to the Demon world and one step near to the royal family and Background of the Story.
    But it´s more interisting that she cares about Beel healthy more then befor. This is really interisting that she never keep an eye on this befor. Possible about there loosing memorie that she is a demon and Baby Beel too. How will her Demon Power and memories come back, that will be an interesting part in this Arc.
    Another Point is the how Hilda play the Wife role and be so friendly, like she never do something different else. Also is was implied befor, that Hildas Familie was one of the best. So how can be a so friendly and nice person deep in the Heart, so a hard and cold Demon Maid???

What i don´t like on this Chapter is that Hilda remember Furichi without even know Beel. And that creepy perv Furichi are only funny from Lamnia or Red Tails. But i say it befor better that also Furichi get his chance to introduce himself new. XD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Comedy gold just like I said last week. Truly some good moments are headed towards us next week, when Kuneida gets out of her confused state lol.

Funny thing is that if Hilda does go back to "normal" I think she will still have some feelings for Oga as a result of her experience as Hilda "the human wife". Did you guys notice that Hilda's lips were more pronounced in the chapter and she smiled so much?

Hilda's memories arc will definitely be comedy filled but I expect some serious moments as well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    For real i don´t like this post, there is nothing what other ones can discuss with. Other thing is i can´t understand that best Arc ever thing. I personal only will write this, when the Arc reach the Highlight. How could this be better, let Hilda let play a role that she never get an amnesia. That would be really an amazing move.
    While I will grant you that it's probably not fair or accurate to judge an arc on the first 2 chapters of it, I think both of these chapters have been amazingly funny. This is due in large part to how well the author is presenting everything.

For example the way Hilda has become an cute innocent girl while retaining that somewhat harsh edge, like she has shown with Furichi and Aoi, helps it seem like we aren't seeing a new personality we're seeing a part of the old Hilda that she never allowed herself to show. Which makes every cute thing she does even funnier, because when she gets her memory back...

But the best part is how hilariously uncomfortable all the characters are with this whole situation. Jumping from a more action oriented arc to more of a a love comedy situation has completely thrown everybody out of their comfort zone. Ordinarily tough characters like Oga are completely panicked by this Hilda.

An arc to help us understand Hilda's character better has been long overdue but using amnesia in this way to do it carried the potential to be nothing short of a master stroke. And I think the hilarious way it's been executed so far has lived up to, or even exceeded, that potential.

So I stand by my sweeping statement of "This is the best arc EVER!"
    Last edited by Jammin; January 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice to see those two (Hilda and Oga) kiss somehow in next chapters and how will Hilda's feelings will change after she remembers everything. I mean if she will feel some kind of uncertainty towards Oga after that.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For example the way Hilda has become an cute innocent girl while retaining that somewhat harsh edge, like she has shown with Furichi and Aoi, helps it seems like we aren't just a new personality we're seeing it's a part of the old Hilda that she never allowed herself to show. Which makes every cute thing she does even funnier, because when she gets her memory back...

But the best part is how hilariously uncomfortable all the characters are with this whole situation. Jumping from a more action oriented arc to more of a a love comedy situation has completely thrown everybody out of their comfort zone. Ordinarily tough characters like Oga are completely panicked by this Hilda.

An arc to help us understand Hilda's character better has been long overdue but using amnesia in this way to do it carried the potential to be nothing short of a master stroke. And I think the hilarious way it's been executed so far has lived up to, or even exceeded, that potential.

Okay that is better to understand like befor. But i stand also to my Point its to early and the Story will go on with new and different Arc´s. But the scenario, jump from a action part two a comedy background Arc is nothing new. After the legendary Tojo fight and destroying school, Oga was send with Lamnia in the Demon World. To introduce us the Demon World and the Way they would live. Special for the Shounen Genre is this the normal Way to go.
    But it could be the right Time to show a little more Background from Hilda. Befor it was as Alan, next will be Lamnia.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Panel 16 was epic...Wolverine's Weapon X combo special. Couldn't stop laughing at Creepichi. The question is, how would she regain her memories? I am calling for some really amusing method. I just hope it wont be dragged for months.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Panel 16 was epic...Wolverine's Weapon X combo special. Couldn't stop laughing at Creepichi. The question is, how would she regain her memories? I am calling for some really amusing method. I just hope it wont be dragged for months.
    Well eventually this is going to have to go back to Lamia and her mentor, as the only demon doctors Oga knows. I expect they'll have some sort of way for her to regain her memories.

What I'm hoping they'll suggest is for them to revisit her childhood. Where she grew up, family, friends, etc... So Oga might have to go visit the demon world and what are, in essence, his in-laws.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm hoping they'll suggest is for them to revisit her childhood. Where she grew up, family, friends, etc... So Oga might have to go visit the demon world and what are, in essence, his in-laws.
    Either that or some stupid parody of Sleeping Beauty, like Oda being forced to give her a kiss with the other characters or even himself commenting about "how cliché is that?!" as soon as it works out.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Either that or some stupid parody of Sleeping Beauty, like Oda being forced to give her a kiss with the other characters or even himself commenting about "how cliché is that?!" as soon as it works out.
    That is a quiet funny Idea the sleeping Beauty get awaked from her Beast Prince, Walt Disney let greet. Other oppinion in this Way would be, Oga must also friendly and cheerful. That badest happiness Family world wide, listen like some creepy Horror movie from earlier days.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

While I will grant you that it's probably not fair or accurate to judge an arc on the first 2 chapters of it, I think both of these chapters have been amazingly funny. This is due in large part to how well the author is presenting everything.

For example the way Hilda has become an cute innocent girl while retaining that somewhat harsh edge, like she has shown with Furichi and Aoi, helps it seem like we aren't seeing a new personality we're seeing a part of the old Hilda that she never allowed herself to show. Which makes every cute thing she does even funnier, because when she gets her memory back...

Couldn't have said it better. If the whole amnesia thing was played for the drama, it would be tedious. But instead, the core cast is having a major freak-out because Hilda is being so OOC, and that is just hilarious. I really want to see Aoi's reaction next week because damn, the girl just can't catch a break, can she?

What i don´t like on this Chapter is that Hilda remember Furichi without even know Beel. And that creepy perv Furichi are only funny from Lamnia or Red Tails. But i say it befor better that also Furichi get his chance to introduce himself new. XD
    You have to remember it was Oga who filled her in on who Furuichi is. Of course Oga would describe his best friend as a creep and a douchebag. LOL Then again, I actually thought it was great how Hilda remembered who he was, even if it was played for laughs. Furuchin is the heart, guys~

I like your posts too, Black Hawk. You make a good point, this would be the perfect time to learn about Hilda's background, her relationship with the other maids and her sister...it would be highly relevant because at the moment Hilda doesn't even realize she's a demon. She just thinks she's a simple girl married to a punk. Which makes me wonder...what if Hilda meets Alaindelon? Or Dr. Forcas? Oh heck, lets through in En and the other maids as well...I think it would be hilarious explaining to stepfordwife!Hilda that she's in fact a high-caliber demon maid.

That is a quiet funny Idea the sleeping Beauty get awaked from her Beast Prince, Walt Disney let greet. Other oppinion in this Way would be, Oga must also friendly and cheerful. That badest happiness Family world wide, listen like some creepy Horror movie from earlier days.
    I would love to see this being brought up as a serious way to get Hilda's memory back - -only to be shot down by Oga, Furuichi and Aoi. xD
    Last edited by Teeba; January 21, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hunter Reborn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wonder how long will Oga wait to go see the demon doctors, and will this new arc go to the demon world again?

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

While I'd love for Oga and company to go to the demon world again, I'm not entirely sure if that's the key to bringing Hilda's memories back. I think it'll come back via character development (comedic violence FTW!).

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2