Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

14 9.09%
  • 3 (Good)

59 38.31%
  • 4 (Great!)

55 35.71%
  • 5 (Epic!)

21 13.64%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.60%
New Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 653 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 653 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    I can’t describe the epicness of this chapter.

It’s one of the most important chapters for a while to a fan, I think. We see the SH reaffirming to make reality their dreams.

Now, I’m sure that Madam Shiley’s vision will make true, and I do think that this will be the event that will trigger the climax end of the manga.
    Another important point is the Pirate’s Summit, what it’ll be and what will be the reason to this gathering. Probably, there will be a Tortuga like island from Pirates of Caribbean.

And don’t forget: we will have a reviere, maybe on this year.
    Oh yeah, near the end of the manga Luffy will destroy the island xD By accident xD

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimit89 View Post
    Is there going to be a chapter next week?? I always hate these farewell chapters because Oda usually takes a break afterwards and that means more waiting.
    Yeah there is.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/6
    Oh, that Tamatebako box is soooo gonna explode in Big Mom's face.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/10
    And they are soooo going to end up at the worst of those islands. (Maybe it's going to be the only possible route of escape from Marines or something.)

I'm kinda worried about this - http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/16
    Perhaps Luffy isn't the one who's going to destroy Fishman Island after all. Just maybe.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Darkdrone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Great chapter!

Really enjoyed the crew with their farewells and I liked the pinky promise by the SH for Shirahoshi. I know Oda didn't show us Fishmen Dojo but I do think he will highlight it later in the manga. Perhaps someone will try to destroy the island and the best people from Fishmen Dojo will try to fight the enemy.....

All in all I am excited and cannot wait for Smoker and Luffy to clash!

"It’s not always the talented that wins! But the ones who won because they persevere!"

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    And what's written here?
    http://www.nihongoresources.com/sfxb...it=+search%3E+

But it is just a confirmation of the spoiler translation
    Last edited by k-dom; January 18, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome chapter I'm so happy they already are on their way to the NW , i was expecting this for such a long time that it doesn't feel real just yet . Can't wait to see them surface in that sea of the strongest . Smoker pls be there
    The new log pose looks very nice and it's ability to point on 3 islands at the same time sure is handy , i didn't expect this but i like it , though i feel sorry for Nami , Chopper and Usopp 'cause now that Luffy already knows about what that log pose can do he will surely choose only strange islands ,that was very funny and not only that but also he fact that Neptune and his minister didn't have the guts to tell them about the bomb from the casket
    Hmm i wonder if you can save a location of an island in this log or the only way to return to a certain island is only by possessing a log designed especially to point that island ? Can't wait too see the first island they will land in the NW , hope it's a cool one like the thunder one

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SN4K3's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Caribou is still on the island, he's gonna trigger something big with his information about poseidon. He cant do anything to the princess if jimbei is around. Sanji and Zoro's interaction is funny especially Zoro's reply to Sanji's threat "Bring it on! I'll digest poison, razors, whatever you've got!!!"

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Oh yeah, near the end of the manga Luffy will destroy the island xD By accident xD

Yeah there is.
    Shiley's vision didn't showed a gear 3 Luffy in rampage. Showed a man in an destroyed FI. Maybe, we'll see a similar panel, showing Luffy arriving in FI after it's destroyed.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner SN4K3's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    Shiley's vision didn't showed a gear 3 Luffy in rampage. Showed a man in an destroyed FI. Maybe, we'll see a similar panel, showing Luffy arriving in FI after it's destroyed.
    I like that idea, is it plausible to say the WG destroy it in their efforts to obtain Poseidon, problem with that is shirley said Luffy/ or a man with a strawhat will destroy FI. Cant remember the exact wording.

EDIT: or big mom destroys it -_- i dont know how i forgot about that thing.
    Last edited by SN4K3; January 18, 2012 at 09:48 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! ONE PIECE is finally back on track! It got to his normal level of epicness in the blink of an eye! I like FI arc, but the ending chapters are... WOW, they totally feel like our dear, old ONE PIECE! I love it!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe Jimbei can still join a bit later, when all the problem with Big Mam will be resolved. Also by that moment Mugivaras will get stronger and thus it would be even more reasonable for Jimbei to join, because by that time he won't be stronger than Luffy or maybe even Zoro will surpass him.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting chapter and we finally know how people navigate the new world. It makes sense and it is interesting that they can change their course halfway through. The more remarkable part about this is that this compass is likely to lead the directly to kid. The danger the compass points to likely is unrelated to people but rather to sea currents and details of the island however kid is a bit of an exception. Kid controls magnetism and he is likely to have gotten a decent deal stronger over the past 2 years, it is likely the compass will be affected by him. I would also think the compass is pointing them straight to the lightning island. I could see how lightning would have an effect on the compass at least within the context of the series. More remarkable is that even if the supernova took different paths from the start the fact that they can choose from several islands will make sure they meet at some point.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

average chapter. what did I tell you?as I expected it was focused on the departure.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, here's my say for the chapter:
    • The cover story is cool. Good to know that (as what others worried last chapter) Kokoro is still alive and was just in a holiday break.
    • As I thought, Madam Sharly's prediction might still happen. There's a fat chance it's after this thing with Big Mom and the migration of Fishmand Island to the surface.
    • I enjoyed Zoro-Sanji alpha maling again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the first time for Sanji to threaten someone using his food? Lmao, it just means he can taint his pride as a chef just for Zoro.
    • Nice new touch with the Log Pose! I'm expecting Oda would play with it later in the story. And I wonder if there're still Eternal Poses available in the New World.
    • One of the main highlight for the chapter for me --- Franky's beetle hair!!! So friggin awesome.
    • Also loved how the princes promised that they'll make the Neptune Army better. Hell, we know that it's one of the worst kingdom army in OP-verse in terms of strength.
    • Gaaaaaaaaah, that scene with Jinbe just makes me sad and sort of hoping at the same time. Just simple panel with Jinbe nodding and Luffy replying "Yeah!" as if Jinbe just told him, "Let's meet in the surface of the New World!".
    • Aaand Shirahoshi's goodbye is just so touching (the pinky promise and all). And this panelis just pure win:
    • Of course, Luffy left the island becoming a hero again but what makes this time more special is that because it's those child merfolks who's idolizing him, a human. That made a huge impact in the whole FI indeed.
    • Not expecting some Shanks reminiscing but well, we're going into the New World after all.
    • Finally, that last spread just give me chills. WE ARE FINALLY GOING INTO THE NEW WORLD!!!

A long and fun chapter. Had lots of laughs with the jokes and enjoyed additional new information. The montage is just timely. Really enjoyed this chapter.

EDIT: Just what I thought was sort of forgotten: The Fisman Dojo. Why, Oda? Are you just teasing or what? And maybe the absence of Den. I'm assuming he's the one who suggested to Franky to use those floating device.
    Last edited by raDar; January 18, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Chapter, Zoro & Sanji interaction are always funny.

I think Madame Shirley's prediction was specific to Luffy, but if not whoever Caribou speaks to about Shirahoshi may be the one to cause the destruction of FM Island.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, this thing will bother me forever if I do not mention it, when the three islands were shown one of had the word DEATH, and yeah i know it is supposed to be the most dangerous one, but did you see that one had sword/horn things sprouting out? Is this some kind of dark foreshadowing that the crew member with swords(Zoro) or the member that had horns this chapter (Franky) will face something horrible there? Death? I know it is a wild prediction but from Oda's foreshadowing of Ace's death I can not take things lightly in this manga anymore. xD

New Reply
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast