Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

14 9.09%
  • 3 (Good)

59 38.31%
  • 4 (Great!)

55 35.71%
  • 5 (Epic!)

21 13.64%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.60%
New Reply
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 653 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 653 Spoiler Discussion

Anyone remember the "oh god I screwed up, let me invent a deus ex plot device" explanation of Oda regarding how mister 3 could float even though he ate a Devil fruit?:

Quote Quote:
    D: If Mr. 3 is supposed to have Devil Fruit powers, then why is he floating on top of the water in Volume 19, pg.185, 3rd panel?

O: I sure got a lot of these... you wouldn't believe how many postcards I got about this. However. You guys can't trip me up that easy... There is a reason. Under Mr. 3's body there just so happened to be a piece of "Unbelievably Floaty Wood". And that is why he was floating so unbelievably. Let's say, normally a person's floating power is 3 Puka's, and a sumo wrestler's would be about 5 Puka's. But on a good day, a piece of "Unbelievably Floaty Wood" can get as high as 13 Puka's, the world record set by floatmaster Pukayama Ukijirou.
    Now he made it "canon". Unbelievable that guy, unbelievably.

2. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 9 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Ok, this thing will bother me forever if I do not mention it, when the three islands were shown one of had the word DEATH, and yeah i know it is supposed to be the most dangerous one, but did you see that one had sword/horn things sprouting out? Is this some kind of dark foreshadowing that the crew member with swords(Zoro) or the member that had horns this chapter (Franky) will face something horrible there? Death? I know it is a wild prediction but from Oda's foreshadowing of Ace's death I can not take things lightly in this manga anymore. xD
    I don't think that quite reflects their specific current situation. The log says it is the island pointed to by the middle compass which is dangerous while the image shows the island to the right as being the dangerous one. More so, none of those islands resemble the places which the supernova visited upon arriving to the new world (we saw where kid, drake, hawkins, uroege, capone and boennie went to). I do think that they are going to the lightning island right now though. If I recall nami specifically talked about the place at weatheria.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was epic for me for just one reason alone...We are finally headed to the New World!!! :-) Please, please don't give us any undersea adventure on getting to the surface. I'll take another conversation like the one with Franky telling about Kuma, but besides that just get us to the surface.

I think after that we may get a little more info on what's going on with people like the supernovas and who has the new ranks in the marines.
    My One Piece Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

from now on I want each volume to be about a ship battle. I just read Davos fight on game of thrones and One Piece has potential for that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Josef K., you're overthinking :-)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiuscamargus View Post
    from now on I want each volume to be about a ship battle. I just read Davos fight on game of thrones and One Piece has potential for that.
    Good one. Even so, if it comes close to escape from Alabasta I'd also be content. Man, the anime version of Clay's diversion was something else.

Where is he??

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think that quite reflects their specific current situation. The log says it is the island pointed to by the middle compass which is dangerous while the image shows the island to the right as being the dangerous one. More so, none of those islands resemble the places which the supernova visited upon arriving to the new world (we saw where kid, drake, hawkins, uroege, capone and boennie went to). I do think that they are going to the lightning island right now though. If I recall nami specifically talked about the place at weatheria.
    Yeah dangerous is not defined, I think it is mostly for the weather conditions. And no way Oda will have a brand new island in store for us, whatever they choose, still it is unclear, they will surely debate about it, even though chances are Luffy will get his way.

And k-dom, yeah it is a CRAZY prediction.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    Shiley's vision didn't showed a gear 3 Luffy in rampage. Showed a man in an destroyed FI. Maybe, we'll see a similar panel, showing Luffy arriving in FI after it's destroyed.
    I like this premonition. If the WG or Big Mom go there to destroy the island for whatever reason, I can see them saying: It was because of Strawhat Luffy that this happened. You should blame him and only him. Then he gets to the island after it is destroyed and is received with mistrust and treated badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Good one. Even so, if it comes close to escape from Alabasta I'd also be content. Man, the anime version of Clay's diversion was something else.

Where is he??
    Bon-nii-san? Last we heard of him he was in Impel Down fighting off Magellan. I'm certain that he managed to escape due to BB's attack on Magellan.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Xqtr.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else notice that Zoro and Franky weren't pinky-promising with Weakhoshi?
    Either they're just too manly for it, or Oda has set something up for those two... !
    Life is but a Dream ...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kyo3ooo's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The hero's hat is going to become a trend in FI, especially among the youngsters.
    To me it is clear that the one who will destroy FI is going to be one of these youngsters (will be grown up by then).

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xqtr. View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Zoro and Franky weren't pinky-promising with Weakhoshi?
    Either they're just too manly for it, or Oda has set something up for those two... !
    They probably just didn't want to/were doing something else. I don't think Oda is setting something up from that.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo3ooo View Post
    The hero's hat is going to become a trend in FI, especially among the youngsters.
    To me it is clear that the one who will destroy FI is going to be one of these youngsters (will be grown up by then).
    Yeah, I mentioned something like that just on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/6
    Oh, that Tamatebako box is soooo gonna explode in Big Mom's face.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/10
    And they are soooo going to end up at the worst of those islands. (Maybe it's going to be the only possible route of escape from Marines or something.)

I'm kinda worried about this - http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/16
    Perhaps Luffy isn't the one who's going to destroy Fishman Island after all. Just maybe.
    I mean, when you couple the title with those panels of kids wanting straw hats, it gives almost an ominous feeling.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 653 Discussion / 654 Predictions

Wait a second... Now with that many people wearing the "hero's hat" - we'll probably never know who's gonna destroy FMI, don't we?

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    Good Chapter, Zoro & Sanji interaction are always funny.

I think Madame Shirley's prediction was specific to Luffy, but if not whoever Caribou speaks to about Shirahoshi may be the one to cause the destruction of FM Island.
    Hmmm i also think that if Caribou reveals the fact that Shirahoshi is Poseidon to some nasty fellow then that could be one of the causes FI would be destroyed . Well though i still hate this thought ,the destruction might happen but just like i said it won't happen now but much later in the story when the SH"s will be far away from there.
    Now concerning how it will be destroyed i think Shirahoshi will go berserk after that nasty fellow tries to capture her and harms her brothers and father and so the Sea Kings will be the ones who will destroy it ...just an idea

18. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 653 Discussion / 654 Predictions

what a great chapter, oda outdid himself again. I'm so glad that this arc is finally over and we will see the SH up in the new world. Maybe we will finally see the other rookies and find out what they are up to unless oda want luffy to fight them and keep them mysterious until the last moments. Im so happy, okay in the next chapter i think we will actually see them get to the surface of the sea and meet smoker face to face.

New Reply
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast