Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: LoneLobo's One Piece Double-Review: Chapter 634 and 635

Reviewer 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LoneLobo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate LoneLobo's One Piece Double-Review: Chapter 634 and 635

A LoneLobo Review
    Hi guys! After attending the GamesCom in Cologne yesterday and writing a review for Hunter X Hunter last week I am back with another review for you. Welcome to a LoneLobo review.

634:100,000 vs 10
    and
    635:So Grotesque I could fly

The chapter shows us what happened before with Jinbei and Luffy. Jinbei, being a smart-fish wants Luffy to be a hero rather than just the defeater of Hody. But Luffy has a really screwed up view on this hero thing which was HILARIOUS. What was even more funny was the way Jinbei countered it. Great humor here. Jinbei explains the plan, but when it comes to the rescue of Zoro and Co. they should just figure something out. Funny, but it also shows us how Jinbei fits in with the strawhats. This is something I have said a few times already, but I will say it again: Jinbei will join the strawhats after this arc. He just... fits. And Luffy's reaction is totally in character. Great dynamic here.

We jump back to the present, where Hody is pretty pissed at Jinbei for being a human-lover. He reveals his plan to slaughter the kings at the reverie. And then he makes a BIG (in Japanese: OKI) mistake. He says that he wants to be the Pirate King. Oh boy... the humans attack and Luffy unleashes his Haki, knocking out over 50.000 humans in the process. Hody looks... well, suprised and even Jinbei didn't think that Luffy would master it that far. Anyway, Luffy now attacks the rest of them, says his usual line that he wants to be the pirate king (which is nice, when you think back right before the time-skip) and uses Gear 3rd without blowing up his arm. It is suddenly just huge. And then the fight goes on in the next chapter!

Funny, isn't it? The NFP just lost 50.000 men because Luffy did nothing (except for using his Haki) and the only thing they so is "hey, we have another 50.000!" Meanwhile the rest of the strawhats is angry at Luffy for taking out that many at once. Meaning? We will see some action from them. Hody attacks Shirahoshi with his water-shot, but Jibei stops it. Interesting here: We learn that Jinbei's bounty rose to at least 400 Million. Nice! And he calls Hody an amateur at fishman karate. Hehe. The next one who shows of is Brook, who hypnotizes some of the fishmen so that they see hallucinations of a firework. He uses the time to cut them. So, this was expected. After writing that song for the "panty-people" before the flashback, we all knew that Brook would develop this skill.

Next one, please! Zoro. He is confronted by some fishmen equipped with iron shells. Zoro uses his new technique and is able to create a whirlwind of blades which still goes on after he stopped. Okay, I have no idea how one could do that, but hell yeah, it looks nice. The next strawhat to shine is Sanji, who is attacked by sea urchin spines. Cool idea. Sanji then shows us a flashback of his "training", where he fled from the okama. And again, we all saw it coming: The running away was his training, and the newly developed technique is Geppo, that air-walking CP9 skill.

And again, we jump to the next strawhat. This time it is Robin, who summons two giant legs to stomp on her enemies. Okay, that was short. And then the soldier dock system 4 activates: And out comes a Rhino Bike... not my taste, but hey... omfg soldier dock system 5 is a dinosaur tank. o,o Now, THAT is awesome. And Chopper seems to like his position as the commander Hody seems to lose his patience (finally? oO) and orders the kraken to attack them. But, again, we all saw it coming, Luffy tames the Kraken again and he attacks the NFP. Hody snaps, the chapter ends!

Conclusion and Predictions

Oh boy. For starters, the chapters were not bad. But they were not awesome. They were good, not more, not less. Chapter 634 was an explanation chapter, showing us the preparations for the attack. Chapter 635 was a show-off chapter. Almost every strawhat got a chance to shine and show us a new attack. This is nice to look at, but the plot stands still in those chapters. Of course it is necessary to show us all this, but it was a bit much for my taste. But hey, we got over it all.

The next chapter will show us the fight between Hody and Luffy, I think. Or van der Decken arrives with the ship, which is more likely I think.

I hope you enjoyed the review, although it was not one of my best ones. We will probably read each other again in two weeks time here with another OP Double-review. For the next few weeks I will try to do alternating double reviews of One Piece and Hunter X Hunter. I hope this works out =P

LoneLobo

Credits: All chapter 634 and 635 pictures taken from mangastream.
    Count of One Piece Reviews: 38
    Latest One Piece Review: 658

Expect reviews when the chapter deserves it!

Other Reviews: Fairy Tail 223 | HxH 311, 319-320

Interview featuring... ME =P (check it out )

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LoneLobo's One Piece Double-Review: Chapter 634 and 635

thank you for the review,it's a bit odd that 2 chapters are included in a single review,but I've enjoyed this

Reviewer 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member LoneLobo's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: LoneLobo's One Piece Double-Review: Chapter 634 and 635

Hi guys,
    it has been a while since I have signed on here on MH. I was absent because of very, very personal reasons... but with this post I want to let you know something:

Expect new reviews for One Piece and/or
    Hunter X Hunter in the near future!
    Count of One Piece Reviews: 38
    Latest One Piece Review: 658

Expect reviews when the chapter deserves it!

Other Reviews: Fairy Tail 223 | HxH 311, 319-320

Interview featuring... ME =P (check it out )

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply