Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

14 9.09%
  • 3 (Good)

59 38.31%
  • 4 (Great!)

55 35.71%
  • 5 (Epic!)

21 13.64%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.60%
New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 653 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 653 Spoiler Discussion

I think he must deal with Big Mum first. That's my understanding from last week chapter. But I guess it won't be that long before we see him again.

And yeah no bleach means we will have one piece earlier for once. Old good time when it was scanlated first... sigh

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he would go with Mugivaras at least until Big Mam's territories and then he will go with Luffy to talk to Big Mam and try to resolve everything?

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So the matter of Luffy destroying FI isn't yet solved. Interesting. Or maybe she just didn't interpret it right?

Lol at Shirahoshi saying, just one more day, one more week, one more year xD

Haha that's a good idea, stay here Nosebleed-kun xD

Haha I don't have the heart to tell them you also sent her a bomb xD

HAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAHA xD Luffy was listening and he understood it xD hahaha they were completely terrified of his knowledge of that xD And he just wrapped himself around Nami like a snake! xD

So sad Jinbe didn't go now... damn... Well guess my scenario of them having to free Jinbe from Big Mom's clutches will come true after all muahahahaha

And the promise with Shirahoshi was really nice as well.

Jinbe going up to get strawhats to sell on the island, haha.

Ohhhhh I'm sad they are not on the surface yet... damn...

Sure was nice seeing everyone shouting their dreams

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Andonan's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter, a few funny moments, but it was definitely just the conclusion chapter, and considering how epic Naruto was I think Oda just kinda wrote this week off in a sense, the epicness that we usually associate with OP is definitely NEXT chapter

But this is strange to me now, why are there only 3 posts?? Surely there should be 4 no?? 4 paths in NW, 4 yonkou's controlling each line (which i thought was a very far assumption)

However I think Oda has just done this so the only territories that the SH's will go to will be Kaido's, BM's and BB's so there will always be conflict and no nice fun times on a shanks territory......

Different in so many ways, but similar in even more......

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

This page was priceless.:
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/653/4
    "That's great idea I would deffinetly like you to stay here Nosebleed-kun")) That was really priceless. Zoro's patterns through the whole Arc were really the funniest.)

It was also funny to see Luffy listening to the conversation about new Log Pouse:
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/653/8
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/653/9

And through all the chapter I liked Chopper's and Usopp's patterns when they were crying, because they didn't want to die by the hands of Yonkou or die on some bizarre island.

So Jimbei didn't join for now, but maybe later.

And finally New World in the next chapter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I can’t describe the epicness of this chapter.

It’s one of the most important chapters for a while to a fan, I think. We see the SH reaffirming to make reality their dreams.

Now, I’m sure that Madam Shiley’s vision will make true, and I do think that this will be the event that will trigger the climax end of the manga.
    Another important point is the Pirate’s Summit, what it’ll be and what will be the reason to this gathering. Probably, there will be a Tortuga like island from Pirates of Caribbean.

And don’t forget: we will have a reviere, maybe on this year.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

If there will be something like Tortuga island that should be really epic.
    Also I actually think that Shirley's prediction came true. Luffy destroyed Fishman Island, but he destroyed it literary. He changed the way they were thinking and now they don't presume any human to be a dispicable and bad person. They aren't racists now as they were before.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Jinbei did not join after all. I must say Im disappointed. I rly didn't like this back and forth with him. Putting that aside, some funny lines in this chapter as well. Zoro and Sanji, Luffy on adventure mode, Ussop and Chopper in scared depression mode and lastly Brook with his bone jokes. I also noticed Frankys hair style.

It was a great chapter, their finger bumb/handshake or w/e u call it was nice. Fukaboshi was my favo new character in this arc, man of pride.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    If there will be something like Tortuga island that should be really epic.
    Also I actually think that Shirley's prediction came true. Luffy destroyed Fishman Island, but he destroyed it literary. He changed the way they were thinking and now they don't presume any human to be a dispicable and bad person. They aren't racists now as they were before.
    I agree with you about the literal destruction of the Fishman Island. The old Fishman Island with all its hate and prejudices was destroyed be Luffy.... Remember he set the island to "Zero".
    The mentioned pirate summit seems strange ot me...Sure it would be epic to see all the big shots in the New World together, but I am struggeling with the reasons for such a happening. Has the Marine gotten so strong or is Blackbeard the real problem... Way to many questions are left open...
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Oni Giri's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

it became certain that it wont be the last time we see fishman island.

zoro-sanji interactions were really funny as always

and nami-san looks cute with her hair tied

the ending was like when they first entered grand line.

overall nice chapter

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member NoLimit89's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there going to be a chapter next week?? I always hate these farewell chapters because Oda usually takes a break afterwards and that means more waiting.

My OP Predictions:
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like I was wrong about them telling the truth about the Urashima bomb, no tears shed, it will be more funny that way.

It's nice to see duality of Zoro and Sanji again, the irony of Choppers words XD, "Great!.. Positive thinking there!"^^, Nami fearing for her life with the log pose info displayed so openly, Lysop and Chopper exaggerating in front of the mermaids, "I like bones too!""Thanks for your concern!" haha. Frankys hair looks .... weird.

Sadly my wish of Jinbe coming with them won't be fulfilled... but the day will come!

edit:
    BlackHair
    Back and forth? Jinbe always said that he had things to take care of before coming with them. He mentioned cutting ties with Big Mam, but that was likely just part his agenda. Him traveling with them for the time was my[our?] wishful thinking.

Oda[his assistant^^] is trying hard to emulate the texture of wood[Log Pose, Kuigosu & mast], did he do that before?
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 18, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Fishman Island arc is finished... and... and : WE DIDN'T SEE THIS ANNOYING FISHMAN DOJO. Thank you Oda.

Concerning the prediction, I don't think Oda would have wasted one page about it if the danger was not still there. With Big Mum events, it is still possible that Luffy will indirectly be the reason of a disaster on the island.

As for Jinbei not joining, it was clear last chapter. I don't see the back and forth you are talking about Blackhair.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG, we really didn't see it at all, he trolled us all! First time I'm disappointed with Oda, curious how he will try to whitewash that mistake in a future SBS, without a doubt somebody will comment on that sometime soon.

Maybe he changed his mind over the years and didn't want to present some promising younglings to dishearten us later on[by making Jinbe a nakama].

And what's written here?
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 18, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast