Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful/Boring)

1 0.65%
  • 2 (Average)

14 9.09%
  • 3 (Good)

59 38.31%
  • 4 (Great!)

55 35.71%
  • 5 (Epic!)

21 13.64%
  • 6 (Top Ten in One Piece)

4 2.60%
New Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 653 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member noonethere's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 653 Discussion / 654 Predictions

About the tunnel, Camie already explained herethat Fishman Island was inside the tunnel. It is highly probable that the Ancient civilization did the hole(Poseidon and its vessel Noah purposes was related to some immigration purpose which they could not fulfil. Also I am pretty sure at that time most people did not realize that Poseidon's true power rested on the mermaid princess and confused it with Noah, hence the misnomer of weapon).
    Also so far we have seen quite a few New world island(7 with the supernova bit after the war +shanks' base, dragon's base,Big Mom's base+g5), so we can speculate about which ones are safe, risky and 'deadly'). All the bases and inhabited places (such as the islands where Drake and Hawkins landed) should be considered as such implying that safer routes will lead to conflict with Yonkous or Marines. The risky ones should be the uninhabited islands such as Kid's landing place. 'Deadly' ones are the absurd ones such as Capone's, Urouge's and Appoo's. The island where Bonney landed might also be one since it is on fire. Interestingly, Raftel might be the island with the most hectic magnetic field which would make it impossible for any navigator used the safe routes only, so unlike what the Minister said, travelling to the dangerous islands might be the best way to improve the navigator's skilll(provided of course that they survive) and become Pirate King.

Another interesting aspect is that Luffy will destroy Fishman island in the future. Since Rayleigh mentioned that the Jolly Rogers were too weak to do anything and this despite Roger knowing how to awaken the ancient weapons( probably due to them being dependent on other aspect e.g. Shirayoshi not being born. Similar conditions must apply to each weapon), it is likely that Luffy will fulfil what Roger could not do and travel back through the grandline after becoming Pirate King when he will then destroy the island.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would he destroy it ? He just fought to save it...

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Why would he destroy it ? He just fought to save it...
    Well, considering how prominent Shirley's vision was in this arc, it will just be a waste of pages and unlike Oda if it's just ignored.
    Anyway as long as Caribou manage to escape from Fishman Island, the news that Shirayoshi is an ancient weapon will spread to pirates and the WG who will try to get this power. Imagine if during Reverie, the WG accept Fishman Island on the sole condition that they could exploit Poseidon. Fishman Island would become what Arlong Park was for Nami, which will end up with Luffy destroying Fishman Island... (of course all this is just speculations)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noonethere View Post
    About the tunnel, Camie already explained herethat Fishman Island was inside the tunnel.
    Camie doesn't say anything about FI being inside the tunnel, nor does that pic show it. Nor did SH enter any tunnel before they got to FI. Then there's the matter of roots from Sunlight tree Eve. I don't know whether light would get to FI if it was in the middle of the tunnel. By all accounts, it's probably right in front of it.

I'm not even sure Luffy will destroy FI any more. It could easily turn out to be one of fishmen, carrying a straw hat. Which he bought because he admired Luffy. It's not even so farfetched. Depending on the Reverie and the future of FI, there could easily appear another fishman like Hodi, determined to change FI, the way Hodi wanted. Hate doesn't die out that easily. In the way Hodi admired Arlong, another one could share his ideals.
    Or, Caribou could fuck things up, WG could try to get their hands on Shirahoshi, the Poseidon. If that happens, there are going to be a lot of angry fishmen. One of them could be a kid that was inspired by Luffy, even carrying the straw hat as he grew up. Then he could start a rebellion which could lead to destruction of FI. Possibly by activation of Noah itself.

Sure, I'm guessing a lot, but the story seems to progress in that direction, somehow. Personally, it makes more sense to me than Luffy destroying it.
    Last edited by Razh; January 21, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, considering how prominent Shirley's vision was in this arc, it will just be a waste of pages and unlike Oda if it's just ignored.
    Anyway as long as Caribou manage to escape from Fishman Island, the news that Shirayoshi is an ancient weapon will spread to pirates and the WG who will try to get this power. Imagine if during Reverie, the WG accept Fishman Island on the sole condition that they could exploit Poseidon. Fishman Island would become what Arlong Park was for Nami, which will end up with Luffy destroying Fishman Island... (of course all this is just speculations)

It just doesn't make a single sense for Luffy to personally destroy FI, especially since he have friends now there...

Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't what she is describing as a hole in the redline (with the entry facing Paradise and the exit facing the new world) not the tunnel you are talking about?
    @Zehahah:And if someone started exploiting Fishman Island, they would be harming Luffy's friends? Also don't forget that there is still this immigration issue for which Noah was originally built, maybe Luffy would then know where Noah and the fishpeople/merpeople should be moving to then and guide them out of FI... ( all these are still me speculating)
    Last edited by noonethere; January 21, 2012 at 12:59 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't what she is describing as a hole in the redline (with the entry facing Paradise and the exit facing the new world) not the tunnel you are talking about?
    You just described a tunnel.

If I need to clarify more, it seems awfully convenient that there would be a hole in Red Line just near the place where bubbles which coat ships appear. So yeah, I think an ancient civilization could have made that tunnel/hole (same fucking thing) and that there might be something interesting about it. Personally, I like chapters in which we get to see even traces of civilization before Blank Century. Battle is going to happen sooner or later. As I said, Oda doesn't rush things.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

@Zehahah:And if someone started exploiting Fishman Island, they would be harming Luffy's friends? Also don't forget that there is still this immigration issue for which Noah was originally built, maybe Luffy would then know where Noah and the fishpeople/merpeople should be moving to then and guide them out of FI... ( all these are still me speculating)
    He would just beat the guy who is exploiting them, not destroy the island... Still doesn't make sense to me.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andonan View Post
    I like some people don't really want to see anything else before NW, just want them to get to that sea already, the SH's are too epic to still be pissing about in paradise (or below it) its about time they got to doing some serious ass kicking, and Akainu yours is the one I want to see go down the most. Really surprised some people on here are defending him as a character. I'm sorry I don't care what happened to you as a kid, parents killed infront of your eyes by pirates, you beaten within an inch of your life, forced to be a slave because of pirates, im sorry BUT NONE OF THOSE THING JUSTIFY KILLING HUNDREDS OF INNOCENTS ON A BOAT!!!!!! And people who are defending him either insane fanboys or are border line schizophrenics, because mass murder cannot and should not be tolerated and excepted, and I'm appalled that anyone can think that way even if this is a piece of fiction......
    Huh excuse me but does defending Akainu as a character necessarily means acknowledging or approving his evil doing ?
    I did read quite a few posts "defending" Sakazuki here & there and none of them were fanboying over his killing spree,you should at least pay attention to the arguments pointed out,his tenacity,wit and courage are praised....

Oda intends to make us hate this character,it's obvious,if there is one think I've learnt with the reading of OP it's to not always rely on the impressions the author wants to give us.....We shall Wait&see I just hope Oda does not turn Akainu into an empty antagonist(à la Hody Jones)I'd be disappointed.

good luck with your exam btw....just do it the Akainu way:thoroughly........even if it means murdering your teacher lol :=) see I'm a big Akainu fan and I still have all my sanity!
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner D12's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Black Lagoon, everything u said is right, what I was pulling out was some odds so what I said might happen, u know a proper context so they can fight together (its just the picture in my head sounds so cool)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    He would just beat the guy who is exploiting them, not destroy the island... Still doesn't make sense to me.
    Living under the sun is the fish-people's dream and it's unlikely that we'll see this manga to the end without it being fulfilled. This was also Otihime's dying wish. The bottom of the sea is surely not where they want to live and are only there because the world discriminates against them. Fishman Island is merely the place they live in as outcasts.

It's not a coincidence that Shirley predicted that Luffy will destroy it. With that prediction looming over our heads, it's clear that the destruction will most probably take place at the end of the manga. The only thing Shirley is incorrect about is Luffy's true motive.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya most are thinking that shirley just misinterpreted the vision. she saw luffy stand in FI surrounded by fire. What's not to say that Luffy simply got back there too late and FI was already destroyed before he could save it and was then standing in the aftermath. From what i could predict is that the WG finds out that Shirahoshi is poseiden and they attacked FI to get her, Luffy heard about it and raced back but was too late. So in the end he was to blame for the destruction of FI but not in a direct way.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

God knows why this sprang to mind but their were a lot of flames and stuff with Luffy walking away from Fishman Island in Madame Shirley's vision right? Well, what if it wasn't Luffy who destroyed the Island but he fights Akainu on Fishman Island in the future? The only reason I can think of their fight being on Fishmn Island is something like:

The Government find out Shirihoshi is Poseidon, so Akainu goes to kill her personally himself? Or something along those lines. Just a possibility of what the vision could be. Luffy walking away from a Magma flooded Fishman Island after defeating Akainu, or maybe not haha.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor island ....this island has been killed by you guys so many times that i'm starting to feel its pain you know ^_^ Guess i'm the only one who deep inside doesn't want that island destroyed well whatever...

Franklyn D. Kieran
    And why would the fight between Luffy and Akainu take place 10000m underwater *sigh* ...for capturing Shirahoshi he will send someone else after all that Akainu guy is capable of taking someone from her family hostage to get his hands on her and no i doubt WG will want to kill the princess, i mean she's Poseidon , the weapon they always have been searching for.
    I'm also positive the final confrontation will take place at the readline 'cause that's where the HQ of WG is so why would they fight at FI in the water when they both are DF users so if the island is destroyed they are practically screwed and not at Mariejois , "the holy place" (makes me wanna puke using these words but well gotta stick with the naming )

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Franklyn D. Kieran's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Poor island ....this island has been killed by you guys so many times that i'm starting to feel its pain you know ^_^ Guess i'm the only one who deep inside doesn't want that island destroyed well whatever...

Franklyn D. Kieran
    And why would the fight between Luffy and Akainu take place 10000m underwater *sigh* ...for capturing Shirahoshi he will send someone else after all that Akainu guy is capable of taking someone from her family hostage to get his hands on her and no i doubt WG will want to kill the princess, i mean she's Poseidon , the weapon they always have been searching for.
    I'm also positive the final confrontation will take place at the readline 'cause that's where the HQ of WG is so why would they fight at FI in the water when they both are DF users so if the island is destroyed they are practically screwed and not at Mariejois , "the holy place" (makes me wanna puke using these words but well gotta stick with the naming )
    Why not? they'll have to fight wherever they meet right? they wouldn't say something like "We both have a devil fruit lets fight on land" So if they meet there that's where they're gonna fight. I'm not saying that's definitely were it was gonna happen, it was just a thought haha. But I don't think Luffy's last battle will be against Akainu for some reason, he will likely be one of his last opponents, but I don't think he'll be the last. And You're right about the Government not wanting to kill Shirahoshi, but Akainu is Akainu and I wouldn't be surprised if he spouted some of his justice crap and tried to kill her or even get her himself for some reason.

I just read something else said about Luffy destroying the Island, but the people from Fishman Island are unaware it was for them to move to the surface. Kinda reminded me of how Luffy punched Coby so he would stand up to him! So maybe Luffy does destroy the Island so that the people of Fishman Island moved to the surface. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Although I agree Oda wouldn't waste another page on talking about that fortune if nothing were to come of it in the future.

This must be how Anti-Obito Theorists felt when Kishimoto revealed Tobi as Obito.

New Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast