Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 57 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker: New Waves 57 Spoiler Thread

Shioon is only able to convert girls and people with some sort of principles by appealing to those principles. The Elder threw away his principles for his ambition when he crushed that phone in the last chapter so for now he is out of reach.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiho once told GMR that Shioon has the "perfect temperament to handle girls". I think a she-fox like Shiho would have the perfect eye for such things. This is probably why we have quite a few ladies falling left and right after spending time with him.

About the elder, he may have thrown away all his principles but one. I still don't believe that he will throw away Jinie after what Ha-il revealed about Hae-jin (Jinie's mum).

After this Shioon should resume that meditation training. If after just one session and the results have allowed him to bring down a master class opponent, its a keeper.
    Last edited by blaise; January 19, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by svyatoslav View Post
    Shioon is only able to convert girls and people with some sort of principles by appealing to those principles. The Elder threw away his principles for his ambition when he crushed that phone in the last chapter so for now he is out of reach.
    I disagree, I think the elder still has the chance to redeem himself. If not he might be pushed out of the clan for trying to kill the temporary head. Shioon might come in and create a new and improved Sunwoo clan.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Iti's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

looking pretty awesome!

Love getting to see the flashback and the elder school the S.U.C what a badass Elders can be!

Looks like he also has had a change of heart towards both Shioon and Jeni.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 57 Discussion / 58 Predictions

My, my. someone's pissed here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Miracleomatic's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah. Elder Kwon is a beast. I guess thats what happens when you've been fighting all your life.
    My Top 5 Manwa
    1.) Witch Hunter (Badass and greedy. Tasha Godspell is an asshole, a good type of asshole)
    2.) Veritas (Badass evil and cool. Gangryong will fuck up anyone, even kittens.)
    3.) The Breaker series (I just love martial arts.)
    4.) Immortal Regis + Chavelier of the Abyss (Good story and art style. Damn! I want his sword, Depore.)
    5.) Legend of Maian (So-So in story and art.)

http://jinrikagero.deviantart.com/

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Asvard's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

That dude in flashback probably teacher or older brother Elder Kwon.
    Waiting ChaoticKen summary or A-team translation.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I was wrong, but I like this turn of events better in some sense. Hopefully we get to see Kwon annihilate that effing SUC chick. The blue text better say that there is only one week holiday.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member [ki{kk}o]'s Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

O M G ! i've just saw the raw... i can't believe ... is becoming better and better!!
    I want to know what they said!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ChaoticKen's summaries are the best. But i like to read the translation. I really wish i knew Korean. This is my new favorite, well has been my new favorite. Elder Kwon is a beast. I also like the fact that Shioon stood up. He is such a ki bomb beast. That damn Shiho and her illwansindan (sp?)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GOOMOONRYONG's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow dude is about to fucking wreck shit! Flashback looks really really good and I can't wait until we get a translation. Goth girl is about to et curb stomped unless she gets away but it doesn't look like Kwon is going to allow her to leave. I'll guess she gets roughed up a bit unless Shioon tells Kwon to stop and spare her life, at least I think that is what might happen.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea just taking a look at the raw is awesome, and you can tell that the author is only going to take a one week break. He mentions the 27th, then chapter 58 on feb 3. So we can live for a week without this, but damn! haha This was a sweet chapter now i want more!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

......FATALITY!....all else that was going in my mind was finish her!

goth girl pissed her panties...btw she'll die next chapter unless shioon tells the elder to stop...he might...

Elder had a change of heart just like i predicted he would after seeing jinie...

Everything is so freaken peachy! ^-^

TIME FOR SHIOON TO GET SOME PROPER MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING!

I think even gmr might shit himself if he saw this...
    Last edited by bighawke5; January 20, 2012 at 02:06 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

CK ain't gonna be translating this week, people. Sorry. I woke up like 20 minutes ago and still not right of mind.

Also hey I was totally wrong with my predictions whoot. Guess the author pulled one over me. :P

Summary below, summary of summary further below.

Basic summary is that Shiwoon wakes up, sees Kwon. SUC arrives, Shiwoon tells Kwon he'll hold them off and leave Jini in his hands. Kwon sees Jini, gets all frantic, sees Jini is alive, realizes the reason Shiwoon fought was probably because of her. Bitch arrives, sees Glasses on the ground (note that even the SUC members call him Cool Guy o_O), tells the members to take him to a hospital and wonders if he got ganked while fighting JiGun (since she doesn't think ShiWoon could have done it himself). Kwon asks ShiWoon why he chose to engage in a duel beyond his capabilities, ShiWoon says it's not really the time for asking that, Kwon asks again louder. ShiWoon says his friend was in danger, and he'd rather die than run away and leave a friend behind.

Flashback time and we see Elder Kwon in his youth training when some dude comes up. Younger Kwon calls him 소가주 in which 가주 means family head. So maybe he's like the son of the Family Head? I dunno, other teams will probably translate that better. Either way the dude befriends Younger Kwon despite Kwon continuing to insist that he's but a simple vassal of the SunWoo clan. The dude expresses dissatisfaction with how the SunWoo clan is right now, and wants to make it the strongest clan out there. He tells Younger Kwon to become the strongest warrior in murim because he sees potential in him, despite Younger Kwon's protests.

Apparently he was correct, since Younger Kwon's martial arts ability rose greatly, and the SunWoo clan managed to expand its territories. Then one day Middle-Aged Kwon wakes up from battle to see Family Head (guess I'll just call it that for now?) fatally wounded, having taken damage while protecting Middle-Aged Kwon. Middle-Aged Kwon asks why he did it instead of just leaving him behind. Family Head tells him it's because they're friends. Middle-Aged Kwon tells him he's being ridiculous since Middle-Aged Kwon is just a vassal whereas the Family Head is supposed to lead the SunWoo clan. Family Head tells Middle-Aged Kwon that he's being ridiculous, since he'd rather die than leave a friend behind.

Family Head expresses regret that he won't see Gyul get married to HeJin and that HeJin would probably be very beautiful as a bride. (Gyul is, obviously, SoSul's father and the previous family head) Middle-Aged Kwon gets pissed and tells him that he should confirm that with his own eyes (in other words, not die and live to see it). What makes this somewhat special is because Middle-Aged Kwon's last words to the Family Head aren't formal (somebody of lower status speaking to someone of a higher position) but more informal (like friends). Family Head asks Middle-Aged Kwon to carry on their dream and not to cry.

Back in present, Elder Kwon (no longer Younger or Middle-Aged) notes that he didn't ever want to see a stupid family head throwing his life away for a vassal and tells ShiWoon that he fought well, and that he'll take care of the rest.

Then ownage happens.

Elder Kwon: Starting from now I'll show you...

Elder Kwon: Just who you dared to lay your hands on is.

*Note: Elder Kwon refers to ShiWoon as 분 which is a way of denoting someone of important position. In other words he's probably been infected by the ShiWoon virus that makes you worship and adore him. :3

So, brief summary of summary (YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE TO READ SUMMARIES WHILE READING SUMMARIES SO I PUT A SUMMARY IN YOUR SUMMARY SO YOU CAN READ A SUMMARY WHILE READING A SUMMARY).
    > Elder Kwon sees JiNi hurt, realizes ShiWoon was fighting to protect her
    > Flashbacks with his time with a previous previous family head
    > Not TOO sure if the previous previous family head is the previous family head's brother or father. His similar age to Kwon (presumably) might imply father but I dunno, since Gyul seemed somewhat older than HeJin.
    > Back when Kwon was younger, the family head guy was referred to as Small / Young Family Head so back then he was probably the son of the family head of that time, and presumably became the family head sometime between Younger Kwon and Middle-Aged Kwon, since Middle-Aged Kwon refers to him as Family Head during his death.
    > In other words, the Family Head that Kwon looks up to is NOT the previous Family Head (Gyul) but the one BEFORE him. On the other hand, the Family Head that Asian Kimbo Slice (Elder Jun) looks up to IS the previous Family Head (Gyul).
    > Kwon sees resemblance of previous previous Family Head in current Family Head, wrecks SUC punks and tell them that they'll pay for hurting the Family Head (ShiWoon).
    Last edited by ChaoticKen; January 20, 2012 at 02:38 AM.

18. Thanks 19 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast