Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Most Underrated Character?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neji

24 22.02%
  • Tsunade

20 18.35%
  • The Third Hokage

7 6.42%
  • Shino

8 7.34%
  • Naruto

8 7.34%
  • Kakashi

8 7.34%
  • Tenten

5 4.59%
  • Juugo

2 1.83%
  • Konohamaru

2 1.83%
  • Shikamaru

4 3.67%
  • Mifune

2 1.83%
  • Kakuzu

2 1.83%
  • The Fourth Raikage

3 2.75%
  • Deidara

2 1.83%
  • Suigetsu

4 3.67%
  • Sasori

3 2.75%
  • Orochimaru

5 4.59%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most Underrated Character

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Underrated Character

sasori I think he was one of the most powerful characters but he was killed as soon as he was introduced

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member stephen80's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto, everyone thought he was an ordinary kid or whatever yet he defeated Pain.
    Last edited by stephen80; January 24, 2012 at 04:10 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shino

We barely see anything from him, Kishi needs to show what he can do.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously NARUTO...everyone and there dog hates on him...eh ninjabot?lol.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

orochimaru...by far the most intertwined character in the manga.this guy has had his hands in everything...from danzou<akatsuki<sound<sand/kazekage<hokage<sasuke<tsunade to even knowing tobi.most underrated character by far...

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Tsunade... don't even have to think about this one.

Everyones just saying "Ohhh she's so useless, she's just Hokage because Jiraiya said so, she's just good for healing, all other Kages would kill her with ease anyway and blablabla"

NO! GODF***INGDAMNIT NO!! She's a legendary Sannin and she's Hokage for a reason... the Hokage is the one who's acknowledged as the strongest in the village... so if she's as sucky as everyone's saying then she'd be the leader of the Konoha Hospital or something like that... but not the freakin Hokage!

She was also confident enough to take on the Raikage... and gues what? SHE'S NOT STUPID! She'd know when she would be just a burden to everyone and she would stay out of it... this is not Sakura we are talking about!

-She's so strong she can jump and hurl around big ass swords which are probably as tall and heavy as a high-rise building... not even Raikages can do that! Heck... she can probably cause the same destruction Raikage's Liger Bomb does with just her index finger.
    -She's got her medical Ninjutsu, so she can just tank and heal off otherwise crippling or even fatal injuries. Not to mention her instant regeneration stuff which makes her pretty much immortal for some time.
    -Her snail, which is pretty much invulnerable, can spit around acid that's melting stuff even faster then Mei's Lava pukes.
    -She's got will of fire, which is pretty much the biggest hax in the whole series... if you want evidence then just look what its doing for Naruto.
    -Her Databook stats are only exceeded by the likes of Jiraiya and Itachi by a whooping 0,5 points.

So yeah... my point is: PEOPLE SHOULD STOP MAKING A F***ING SENZU BEAN OUT OF HER!! That role goes to Karin... and Karin alone, because Sakura can't even do that... she's at Medikit level at best... although I'd admit its a pretty good Medikit... but not Senzu Bean level!
    she is useless if you put her against the other kages. They could all defeat her. Tsunade is only good at protecting the village by keeping every1 alive.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji. The hype he's gotten in Part I has not lived up to its expectations, at least in Part II.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    she is useless if you put her against the other kages. They could all defeat her. Tsunade is only good at protecting the village by keeping every1 alive.
    Seems to me like protecting a village and keeping everybody alive is kind of important.... and not as easy as it sounds either.

Which is why I think she is by far the most underestimated. Like in the fight with Madara the only reason the Tsuchikage is upright is because she made that happen. She is also a Taijutsu monster with an acid spitting summon that can work as one massive deadly slug or as a bunch of tiny ones; which makes it much more resistant to damage than some of the flashier summons like Gamabuta or Manda. But fans tend to think of Tsunade like some kind of helpless nursemaid(maybe they are confusing her with Sakura).

So Tsunade gets my vote without a moments hesitation.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 26, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Neji. The hype he's gotten in Part I has not lived up to its expectations, at least in Part II.
    That doesn't make him underrated though. That makes him underachieving based on the hype we received on the Byakugan and his talent. I do wish he had gotten more than just being the most talented shinobi of a not all that great doujutsu though. Damn Kishi.
    Last edited by chilibun; January 26, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji is underrated but I'm going with Tsunade with out a doubt. She didn't get enough screen time like the other sannins. People call her weak but saving an entire village is hard to do. If Tsunade didn't protect the people of Konoha everyone would be dead. I'm pretty sure no other Kage could save its village people from dying from that one attack.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rikudo Naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Genosha
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji has yet to get any time in part two to showcase his growth aside from basically matching even with a clone of himself. He was supposed to be a genius and as how irrelevent a term as it is now, we all deserve to see something from the best buyakugan user around.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilibun View Post
    That doesn't make him underrated though. That makes him underachieving based on the hype we received on the Byakugan and his talent. I do wish he had gotten more than just being the most talented shinobi of a not all that great doujutsu though. Damn Kishi.
    Guess you do have a point. Might go with Kakashi based on what people have said about him. I certainly think he's more powerful than he's shown.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn it... You know who is really underrated, CHOUJI. Too bad I didn't remember him sooner. Even more reason why I think he is underrated. Nobody even remembers him, much less how powerful he actually is.
    Last edited by chilibun; January 26, 2012 at 07:41 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Seems to me like protecting a village and keeping everybody alive is kind of important.... and not as easy as it sounds either.

Which is why I think she is by far the most underestimated. Like in the fight with Madara the only reason the Tsuchikage is upright is because she made that happen. She is also a Taijutsu monster with an acid spitting summon that can work as one massive deadly slug or as a bunch of tiny ones; which makes it much more resistant to damage than some of the flashier summons like Gamabuta or Manda. But fans tend to think of Tsunade like some kind of helpless nursemaid(maybe they are confusing her with Sakura).

So Tsunade gets my vote without a moments hesitation.
    Just to add on, Tsunade has a regeneration technique that makes her effectively immortal in a 1v1 for a short amount of time...she probably bypasses Mei's techniques through regeneration and OHKO's her with one punch, lol. I don't see her having the speed to deal with A, and A is tougher than her, so I guess she wouldn't beat A. Depending on how the acid interacts with Gaara's sand, I could see her taking out Gaara, and if her regeneration technique can help her survive against Tsuchikage, she has a shot there as well, IMO. She's definitely FAR from useless or weak, it's just that we having Flying Bricks like Naruto and A (even though they don't fly), so her strength without speed doesn't seem too impressive.

...still voting for Kakashi though, lol
    Avoiding debates with people below a certain level of English comp.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i think Neji 'cause at first he was so praised and all and now it's like he's been forgotten though i find him a strong guy .

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast