Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Potential of Devil Fruit user

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Potential of Devil Fruit user

Well I´ve been thinking for quite some time now, what "potential" lures inside some DF we have seen so. Just like Crocodile was saying that the more you train your DF the more you can use it.
    We have seen some examples of usage that wouldnt come to mind at first, for example Luffy Gear abilitys. Who would have thought, that he can increase the blood preassure inside his rubber body?
    Another example would be Chopper: as far as we know, Zoan-user can transform in three types (human, animal, half-half), but Chopper is now able to transform into 6 styles without using a Rumbleball.
    So I thought if all Zoan user are able to transform into 6 forms. At the war, we saw Marco only transform into the 3 main forms but i consider him one of the strongest Zoan-users out there so I hope he can transform in more forms.
    Another great potential lays within Smokers fruit. He can dematerialize his body and cover the whole field with smoke of fog, or even create clouds and let it rain. Also he should be able to rob the enemy from oxygen and also rob flames of oxygen (could come in handy if he fights Akainu one day).

So that´s what I think I hope you have some creative thoughts as well!

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Potential of Devil Fruits user

Quote Originally Posted by dachef View Post
    Another great potential lays within Smokers fruit. He can dematerialize his body and cover the whole field with smoke of fog, or even create clouds and let it rain. Also he should be able to rob the enemy from oxygen and also rob flames of oxygen (could come in handy if he fights Akainu one day).
    Neither creating clouds nor letting it rain are parts of Smoker's abilities. "Moku" means "Smoke", and his smoke was held back easily by Ace's flame back in Arabasta. (Ace didn't break a sweat stopping Smokers White Blow...)

I think Brook's yomi ability became the most interesting ability after the time skip for me as representation of a fruit's potential... Damn, HE'S A FRICKING GHOST(!!!) and boosts his fencing with the cold of the underworld. Can't wait to see more of it or even further development (like seizure of other bodies).

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Neither creating clouds nor letting it rain are parts of Smoker's abilities. "Moku" means "Smoke", and his smoke was held back easily by Ace's flame back in Arabasta. (Ace didn't break a sweat stopping Smokers White Blow...).
    For the Ace vs Smoker part: thats why I mean it as a possiblity that rest within the DF (he couldnt do it at that time)
    and for the rain part: Smoke consist of small dust particles and clouds consists of water from the air. now when water form air comes in contact with condensation particles (like dust) it will become liquid and form a cloud => a cloud appears and it can rain

PS: I´m looking forwart to see the future of Brook too!

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think brook will eventually be able to posses others and objects. It seems like a natural development of his ability lol. It would be interesting if he could posses others and use their abilities lol. Of course, possesing others with DF could present problems in itself as it would imply 2 DF in one body.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a good point.
    I reckon when Oda had Crocodile say depending on how if train your DF makes your DF ability stronger.
    Imo, Enel is one of the greatest examples of training your DF. He was using it to pick up far away sounds.
    Restarting his heartbeat, Powering an airship, pretty much teleportation, I could go on and on

Then we have Miss Valentine with the weight Fruit who should have been so much stronger. She should have been able to make herself light so she can effortlessly dodge, and then heavy again, she should have learned any martial art to go with the ability.
    She should have been able change the weight of her punches and kicks etc.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; January 10, 2013 at 07:10 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Feline's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    This is a good point.
    I reckon when Oda had Crocodile say depending on how if train your DF makes your DF ability stronger.
    Imo, Enel is one of the greatest examples of training your DF. He was using it to pick up far away sounds.
    Restarting his heartbeat, Power vehicles, pretty much teleportation, I could go on and on

Then we have Miss Valentine with the weight Fruit who should have been so much stronger. She should have been able to make herself light so she can effortlessly dodge, and then heavy again, she should have learned any martial art to go with the ability.
    Imagine a drop kick of 100 tons.

And also, is there a logia user who transform himself in like a giant monster made from his element? Oh wait. Ceasar did. But i would love to see Crocodile pull something like that of.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's too bad she wasn't a part of CP9. She would be devastating. I feel like an awesome fruit was wasted and I think I'll never get over it...

Before BB got a boring quake power up, I was thinking of the ways in which he could use his darkness logia. Theoretically, he could increase or decrease his mass and do the same thing Miss Valentine did. Or maybe even shoot dark projectiles. Even though it's a hax fruit, being able to just use black holes and dark vortexes seem a little limitating. There has to be more than that.

Lately I was thinking about Aokiji. Monet's snow fruit seems shitty compared to his ice fruit. Snow is made out of tiny ice crystals. With enough control, he should be able to do cope everything Monet could do.

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    And also, is there a logia user who transform himself in like a giant monster made from his element? Oh wait. Ceasar did. But i would love to see Crocodile pull something like that of.
    I think each of them, aside from Blackbeard should be able to do it. Hell, Monet did it and she's not excatly at a pinnacle of logia user's ability. Question is, how useful would it be against tough opponents, people who can use Haki. Essentialy you only make yourself a bigger target.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Feline's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

During a battle with lots of footsoldiers (marineford war for example) one could be awesome as fuck using this kind of technique.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    Enel did, also (leading to Luffy punching him ).
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I reread Chapter 508 and was wondering how Capone Bege could enhance his abilities.
    Stocking up the people inside? Or maybe let people shrink in a certain area like laws room?
    or decrease the impact of attacks when they hit him?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I fail to see how Brook's fruit is haxx, you can still harm him by breaking his bones, the only good thing is boosting his sword honestly

@ Razh
    Actually, Mr 5's DF is the greatest waste ever, imagine Rob Lucci with that power, or any close range fighter... Holy shit, that would be freakin dangerous. Strong Punch + Explosion, that's a dangerous combo if you ask me

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

^ well maybe in the future he could ditch his skeleton body (if it gets destroyed or something) and he would still be alive. just like a ghost.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I fail to see how Brook's fruit is haxx, you can still harm him by breaking his bones, the only good thing is boosting his sword honestly

May be it is not for now... but it could be... His DF (spirits energy) clearly gives his bone structure strength to perform all tasks for which muscles are needed with a light body and agility.. We never know if it will be limited to his bones only... Also with his ghost form may be not a living person (as it already has a spirit) but he can always get into a dead body or an unconscious body to use its power... I wonder what will happen to him if Water will be poured on his ghost... Instant death ?? Because existence of his ghost itself is because of DF power...

Even Bon clay's DF is amazing.. he can use anyone s body ... If he touches a giant face and then turns into giant... A giant doing okama kempo...

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post

@ Razh
    Actually, Mr 5's DF is the greatest waste ever, imagine Rob Lucci with that power, or any close range fighter... Holy shit, that would be freakin dangerous. Strong Punch + Explosion, that's a dangerous combo if you ask me
    I completely agree with people overrating Brook's Yomi Yomi no Mi.
    But Mr. 5's fruit over Miss Valentine's Weight Weight Fruit?
    Wasn't it limited to the boogers from his nose? I don't remember his powers too well since he did suck after all.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Even Bon clay's DF is amazing.. he can use anyone s body ... If he touches a giant face and then turns into giant... A giant doing okama kempo...
    Oda then shat on Bon Clay's fruit when he made the character Chameleon. It's a canon character as Oda created him but he doesn't appear in the manga and only in Musicals or Theatre productions etc.
    but he has the Kopi Kopi no Mi which can not only copy the target's appearance, but even their abilities to a certain extent.
    It's just a better version of the Bon Clay's fruit.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

But Mr. 5's fruit over Miss Valentine's Weight Weight Fruit?
    Wasn't it limited to the boogers from his nose? I don't remember his powers too well since he did suck after all.
    I think he could make any part of his body explode. He used boogers for ranged attacks only. His spit could probably do the same... And shit, but let's not even go there...
    @Zehahaha: Yeah, the fruit is fine, but I think Kilo kilo fruit has more appliances when it comes to overall fighting capability. Greater speed, mobility, monster jumps, monster landings, ability to avoid attacks mid air... stuff like that.
    Last edited by Razh; January 25, 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast