Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Potential of Devil Fruit user

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 31TeV's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Potential of Devil Fruits user

I think Horo Horo no Mi has a lot of potential. If Perona could use haki, she would be able to evade attacks better and take down enemies that have been rendered helpless by her ghosts.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I think he could make any part of his body explode. He used boogers for ranged attacks only. His spit could probably do the same... And shit, but let's not even go there...
    @Zehahaha: Yeah, the fruit is fine, but I think Kilo kilo fruit has more appliances when it comes to overall fighting capability. Greater speed, mobility, monster jumps, monster landings, ability to avoid attacks mid air... stuff like that.
    Any part of his body? Yeah he's a waste. A total waste.
    And I agree with the Kilo Kilo fruit still being more of a waste on Miss Valentine. Just to think... If its a paramecia then she should be able to affect the people she touches if she trained it enough.

Considering Robin can create limbs on enemies, if trained Miss Valentine could have increased the weight of her enemies beyond what they could handle or make them so light their punches and kicks have very little effect.

I was wondering, the way Toni Toni Chopper and Rob Lucci had Zoan Fruits but used them beyond the basics of Normal mode, Half Zoan mode and Full Zoan mode since they both have more than 3 modes,
    Was that exclusive to them or as a result of training the Devil Fruit ability. Since its like everybody besides them only really went Half Zoan or Full zoan.
    And that's including pretty high ranked people...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Avid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I fail to see how Brook's fruit is haxx, you can still harm him by breaking his bones, the only good thing is boosting his sword honestly

@ Razh
    Actually, Mr 5's DF is the greatest waste ever, imagine Rob Lucci with that power, or any close range fighter... Holy shit, that would be freakin dangerous. Strong Punch + Explosion, that's a dangerous combo if you ask me
    Brook can leave his body in a spirit form, bring his bones back together, his light weight makes him fast and capable of running on water, he can recover rapidly with milk, release the chills of the underworld, and who knows what else. His ability could have all kinds of potential, and it could have the most surprising additions considering the odd nature of it. Did you expect he could use the cold like that before he did it?

Mr. 5 really is the prime culprit of the user's usage making his ability's potential hard to gauge. He was a bombman, but we have no idea what played a role in the proportions of his explosions. If physical force was a factor Rob Lucci's power would have been incredible.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Potential of Devil Fruit user

After Ivankov turns you from a Woman to a Man or a Man to a Woman... Is there no way to turn back?
    If so, Ivankov has perhaps the most dangerous fruit. Since if the victim has no control in changing back, and they were changed against their will then...

For example, I think Crocodile used be a chick and then met Ivankov who changed him into a dude.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't crocodile too manly so to speak to be a girl? I would have a hard time believing he could be a former woman so to speak without having any sort of particular woman quirk.... Unless he was a manly woman to begin with and asked to be changed.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    After Ivankov turns you from a Woman to a Man or a Man to a Woman... Is there no way to turn back?
    If so, Ivankov has perhaps the most dangerous fruit. Since if the victim has no control in changing back, and they were changed against their will then...

For example, I think Crocodile used be a chick and then met Ivankov who changed him into a dude.
    I think Ivankov is the only person who can change one back. Or there could be sex-change operation that's not as effective or fast as his devil fruit.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I think Ivankov is the only person who can change one back. Or there could be sex-change operation that's not as effective or fast as his devil fruit.
    Well Ivankov is in my Top5 for top DF users.
    Anybody who can go around carrying out sex-changes on people AGAINST their will? Extremely dangerous. Too dangerous.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Apoo's sound df is another underrated one, after all he at least gave Kizaru "damage". From my point of view, Apoo is Luffy's natural enemy similar to Luffy and Eneru case.

I realized that I am merely a conscience programmed into a game.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Apoo's sound df is another underrated one, after all he at least gave Kizaru "damage". From my point of view, Apoo is Luffy's natural enemy similar to Luffy and Eneru case.
    From what we saw, I believe Apoo is a Music Paramecia so he isn't necessarily a natural enemy.
    He didn't seem like the element of Sound which I would imagine to be a Logia(A Fruit I've wanted in OnePiece from the moment we met Enel in SkyPiea).
    Considering he didn't move around at the Speed of Sound like Enel moves at the Speed of Lightning and Borsalino moves at the Speed of Light, Scratchmen Apoo seems like a Paramecia and less of a threat to Luffy necessarily.

From his last appearance he seems to care more about bringing down a Yonkou a peg or two with the aid of Kid.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe in the existence of sound logica, doesn't it belong in the subgroup of air/wind logica? I was talking about exploding after hearing his music, hopefully he doesn't have any hax power similar to the infamous Satan Sonata in HxH.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe in the existence of sound logica, doesn't it belong in the subgroup of air/wind logica? I was talking about exploding after hearing his music, hopefully he doesn't have any hax power similar to the infamous Satan Sonata in HxH.
    The power of vibrations have nothing to do with Air or Wind. So while I don't think a Sound Logia will exist in the story, but I would love it if it did.

Considering we haven't even been shown a Wind Logia yet, and Wind Element is like anime tradition along with Lightning, Fire and Water.
    (I don't want to see Water though lol, he would defeat the point of the DevilFruit's weakness)

But Scrathmen Apoo is definitely a Paramecia, like the Goe Goe no Mi also, I imagined if a Sound Logia existed, it could perform similar things but he could move at the speed of sound and if you try and shoot him, it goes straight through him since his body is just vibrations.

Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Vibrations of air thus it belongs in the subgroup of air, it's only the matter of how much skill and experience of the user.

(I don't want to see Water though lol, he would defeat the point of the DevilFruit's weakness)

^ How about oil? I speculate big mama is this type because of her fatty, without any proof of course, that's why it's a speculation. Since the oceans have lots of Methane (or any natural) gas thus I think about its existence along with (sulfuric) acid and superglue.
    Last edited by MBVC; May 02, 2013 at 05:44 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Vibrations of air thus it belongs in the subgroup of air, it's only the matter of how much skill and experience of the user.
    I don't see why it would be limited to air.
    In the elements of manga, it is always Wind that is considered an element and not Air.

Since Air is the power to everything. The heating of air = fire, the cooling of air = Water, Ice, I mean... Just because it is linked to air cannot rule it out.
    Considering many Logia power require Air. We would have to remove the Smoke-Smoke and Gas-Gas fruit too.

A Sound Logia could still work, as long as a Wind Logia exists. An Air Logia would be too hax. He would control people's breathing.
    If he had Haki and could control the breathing of DF users then he becomes the genuine god of the series. No thanks to an Air Logia user.

I would love to see Wind and Sound Logia's.

The ability to move at the Speed of Sound and use Sound how Kizaru uses Light is such an amazing ability.
    Would love to see Admirals with this ability.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceasar would be about as close as you can get to air logia IMO. An air logia would be too hax.... Tornadoes, explosions, vacuums, air blades.... the scope of power it would have would be too great. An air logia would even be able to control souls considering sound is merely vibrations in the air. Its way too hax a fruit to exist IMO, even more so than just about any other logia we have seen including the gas fruit and the admiral's fruits. Heck, even the temperature around could be controlled by just changing the density of the air around....

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    The power of vibrations have nothing to do with Air or Wind. So while I don't think a Sound Logia will exist in the story, but I would love it if it did.

Considering we haven't even been shown a Wind Logia yet, and Wind Element is like anime tradition along with Lightning, Fire and Water.

But Scrathmen Apoo is definitely a Paramecia, like the Goe Goe no Mi also, I imagined if a Sound Logia existed, it could perform similar things but he could move at the speed of sound and if you try and shoot him, it goes straight through him since his body is just vibrations.
    Based on the logic of the series, a sound fruit could potentially be awful. Given that light travels roughly 1 million times faster than sound in air and Kizaru's attacks can be dodged/blocked, then a sound fruit should send out vibrations that are, by comparison, in slow-motion. Even if you disregard that, there are quite a few characters than can affect the air around them and thus, defend against sound rather easily. Zoro, for example, has an attack where he practically causes a tornado. Luffy has his balloon thingy (assuming that he can blow that hard), Nami can produce warm air to bend the sound waves away from her etc.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 06, 2013 at 05:47 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast